Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118197 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #6960 on: June 17, 2013, 11:26:27 am »

Needs more .jpeg.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: June 17, 2013, 11:26:39 am »

Spoiler: HEY GUYS (click to show/hide)
SBaHJ SPESS edition?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: June 17, 2013, 11:35:40 am »

server population jumped from 3 to 8

and then went back to 7

operation deep space jpgs was a resounding success

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: June 17, 2013, 01:42:39 pm »

I scan for viruses every couple of days already out of paranoia, and nothing has come up. Also, the connection improved almost instantly after I deleted all traces of it. Strange.

Those two are probably completely unrelated. Correlation doesn't imply causalty. After all, BYOND doesn't connect if you don't turn it on.

It must, at least to some degree, because it yelled at me about new news the other day when it wasn't even on.
Download starter and stop it from starting when your computer starts? Seriously, that should've been obvious.
I don't know what that is, so it wasn't very obvious. Dun get pisseh wit meh.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: June 17, 2013, 01:45:45 pm »

I scan for viruses every couple of days already out of paranoia, and nothing has come up. Also, the connection improved almost instantly after I deleted all traces of it. Strange.

Those two are probably completely unrelated. Correlation doesn't imply causalty. After all, BYOND doesn't connect if you don't turn it on.

It must, at least to some degree, because it yelled at me about new news the other day when it wasn't even on.
Download starter and stop it from starting when your computer starts? Seriously, that should've been obvious.

Byond, Steam, Skype, etc. Don't let online services start automatically. Don't let much of anything start automatically. At the very least it's cluttering up your RAM and CPU when you're not using that software.

IronTomato, do you let software set itself to autoupdate? A bunch of those will bring your connection to its knees. They'll bring your computer to its knees.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: June 17, 2013, 01:51:16 pm »

pAI is the best job on the station. I can't think of any other job that lets you constantly yell at other people.goddamnredheads>:c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: June 17, 2013, 01:52:07 pm »

Byond, Steam, Skype, etc. Don't let online services start automatically. Don't let much of anything start automatically. At the very least it's cluttering up your RAM and CPU when you're not using that software.

IronTomato, do you let software set itself to autoupdate? A bunch of those will bring your connection to its knees. They'll bring your computer to its knees.
Only AVG and Windows (Which don't seem to stay turned off anyway, so yeah.)

Also, I said the problem was fixed.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: June 17, 2013, 01:53:01 pm »

It's not fixed. You don't have BYOND anymore. Install BYOND and remove it from startup. Have the best of both worlds. (and increase our playercount by 1 ;_;)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: June 17, 2013, 03:22:55 pm »

Only AVG and Windows (Which don't seem to stay turned off anyway, so yeah.)

Also, I said the problem was fixed.

Just giving general advice.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: June 17, 2013, 05:21:01 pm »

Whoever plays Ellie Freed, should get a ban. It was the last moments of the round, and I was in escape with her. I shoot syndicate code words at her, she responds by giving me a PDA ordering code. I go about my business until Axl comes in and stuns me, and her. Then, as I ask her to help, she says I told her that I "work for another company" and doing jack shit. The round ends, and guess what? She is not a traitor. That is a massive meta break right there, INVENTING A FUCKING CODE, and then, even though I said nothing of the sort, saying I work for another company. She was also acting scummy all round, breaking into the captains office, and faffing around the station. Long story short, she impersonated a traitor, broke meta, and fucked me over for no reason.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: June 17, 2013, 05:33:50 pm »

We don't all need to know that shit, just pm an admin.

pAI is the best job on the station. I can't think of any other job that lets you constantly yell at other people.goddamnredheads>:c
Lately all my rounds as pAI have ended with me floating in the void of space, so it is possible to overdo it on the yelling.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: June 17, 2013, 05:35:23 pm »

Aww. That's no fun. pAi can be annoying, but I usually turn them off, then space them. Give the player a chance at another one.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: June 17, 2013, 05:51:57 pm »

Nah, people have been cool about controlling themselves until the shuttle's arrived before venting their rage on GARY. Besides, pAIs can suicide.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: June 17, 2013, 05:59:43 pm »

I'm generally my least stupid in the shuttle- on a round where nothing happens in a long time, I give myself objectives- like when I was chef, if there was a botanist I would have went for Chaos Donuts.

There was no Botanist. I stole both laser guns from the armory and filled the kitchen with holes until neither had charge, threw them in a hallway, broke into the bridge then went down a room for a box of donuts, was jailed over the DONUTS, left on the shuttle. Broke hole in shuttle. Either was admin magicked or lagged back onto shuttle after making the hole. Claimed I was a manic pixie.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: June 17, 2013, 06:12:34 pm »

For a period of time I made a habit of dropping space lube grenades on the shuttle just before it arrived at Centcomm. Eheheheh.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 1654