Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118480 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #6870 on: June 14, 2013, 12:45:29 am »

Alien Queen: Slow as FUCK. But I got onto the shuttle, but busting into the bridge section and forming walls in front of the door. Then a larva got in and hid under the table. So. Two aliens got to Central Command. It's totally fucked.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6871 on: June 14, 2013, 01:17:24 am »

Alien Queen: Slow as FUCK. But I got onto the shuttle, but busting into the bridge section and forming walls in front of the door. Then a larva got in and hid under the table. So. Two aliens got to Central Command. It's totally fucked.
Not exactly, one accidentally jumped out in mid-transit (in attempt to hide under a table), and after arriving to station, I accidentally over-stepped, and flew out into the abyss as well.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: June 14, 2013, 08:25:46 am »

Not exactly, one accidentally jumped out in mid-transit (in attempt to hide under a table), and after arriving to station, I accidentally over-stepped, and flew out into the abyss as well.

Sounds just like SS13.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: June 14, 2013, 09:48:41 am »

That would make for a curious round, a group of enemies or aliens starting on the derelict station. If the station dosen't SELFDESTRUCT...

Then they're like, "Lets go to the abandoned station!"
"..."
"Report in."
"..."

Maybe changelings would be better for that, actually. Possibly, the crew has an objective on the changeling-infested station. The exploring party is eaten and replaced.

Hilarity ensues.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: June 14, 2013, 10:02:43 am »

Another idea for a round:

Station has been abandoned for nobody knows how long. A ship full of scavengers comes across it and decide to investigate, get some loot and shit to sell. Thing is, station is full of dangers. Zombies roam the halls, Carp fill the Bar, Pirates control the Engine or whatever. Point is, the scavengers aren't totally defenseless. Admins spawn them equipment sets for people based on their job or "class". We get a few people with heavy weapons, maybe a flamethrower, a guy or two with a full kit of electrical tools, at least one medic, and whatever else would work (Xenobiologist maybe, for RP reasons? I'd love to do that)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: June 14, 2013, 10:38:17 am »

Station has been abandoned for nobody knows how long. A ship full of scavengers comes across it and decide to investigate, get some loot and shit to sell. Thing is, station is full of dangers. Zombies roam the halls, Carp fill the Bar, Pirates control the Engine or whatever. Point is, the scavengers aren't totally defenseless. Admins spawn them equipment sets for people based on their job or "class". We get a few people with heavy weapons, maybe a flamethrower, a guy or two with a full kit of electrical tools, at least one medic, and whatever else would work (Xenobiologist maybe, for RP reasons? I'd love to do that)

You know that's pretty much already a mode called "Derelict".

A lot of people hate it because it's brutal as all hell; you're given a fire suit and gas mask, along with medical kit, toolbox, and O2 tank, and are expected to make it through the station with zero pressure or temperature without dying.

It's usually messy, and heavily based upon luck. Not to mention laggy.
I need to put something interesting here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: June 14, 2013, 10:39:49 am »

A lot of people hate it because it's brutal as all hell; you're given a fire suit and gas mask, along with medical kit, toolbox, and O2 tank, and are expected to make it through the station with zero pressure or temperature without dying.

I don't think we have that on our server... Never heard of it. Is it goon or something?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:48:30 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: June 14, 2013, 11:04:27 am »

Derelict mode was on baystation 12 only, back when it was on the NSV Luna.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: June 14, 2013, 11:07:14 am »

I don't think we have that on our server... Never heard of it. Is it goon or something?

Derelict mode was on baystation 12 only, back when it was on the NSV Luna.

I remember playing Derelict on Apollo Station 17, which uses Baystation 12 code. Other servers probably play it as well, but not many, and not often.
I need to put something interesting here.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: June 14, 2013, 11:37:14 am »

Goon has "Disaster Mode", which is basically what would happen if the admins spawned in guns, called the shuttle and then pressed all the buttons. You win if you make it out alive.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: June 14, 2013, 01:55:56 pm »

I had REALLY shitty luck.

I was making my own mini station, I'm walking, and a single tile of space dust hits the exact tile I was on whilst I was moving.

Space dust? Goonstation thing?

Iceblaster has never played on goonstation and only knows about it from Plumphelmetpunk's videos

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6881 on: June 14, 2013, 02:00:11 pm »

Alternate server will be down over the weekend while I'm visiting family.  Should be back up sometime Sunday evening.

KG

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: June 14, 2013, 03:32:09 pm »

Why does my client disconnect every single time round ends? Seriously, it's getting annoying. :/

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: June 14, 2013, 03:35:09 pm »

I think that's a feature. It literally restarts the server, so hence it disconnects. Takes some time to reconnect, so you're better of restarting entirely.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: June 14, 2013, 03:38:00 pm »

Or just let it sit for a minute while you get a drink.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1654