Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116462 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #6180 on: May 28, 2013, 12:02:33 pm »

Mindbreaker is LSD.

And I'm fairly certain mindbreaker is still fucking powerfull even now. 50 urists of mindbreaker lasts VERY long.

Mindbreaker and IRL LSD are not the same at all, but I would hope we know that, what with it being a video game and all.

Also, 100 units of mindbreaker directly injected is not lethal. I have performed tests. It does NOT appear pleasant though. That poor monkey.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: May 28, 2013, 12:14:17 pm »

Mindbreaker is LSD.

And I'm fairly certain mindbreaker is still fucking powerfull even now. 50 urists of mindbreaker lasts VERY long.

Mindbreaker and IRL LSD are not the same at all, but I would hope we know that, what with it being a video game and all.

Also, 100 units of mindbreaker directly injected is not lethal. I have performed tests. It does NOT appear pleasant though. That poor monkey.

Heh. We knew that. Since last week or so as a Chemist I labeled two 50u Mindbreaker pills as, IIRC, Dexaline, and gave them to someone requesting burn treatment. And then there was !!FUN!!. He was utterly Mindbroken until round end.

Also Mindbreaker IS LSD, well, SS13 LSD - it used to be LSD but was then renamed, because people would run around splashing others with a chem causing permanent psychosis. So calling it Mindbreaker TOXIN was intended to scare people away from derping around with it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: May 28, 2013, 12:22:49 pm »

I think you mean Dermaline, scrdest.

And yeah, that's what it says on the wiki. Nobody actually cares tough. Also, there's a certain chemical that I've never made and don't know the name of that breaks mindbreaker down quickly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: May 28, 2013, 12:26:12 pm »

Yes, I know. :) I've DONE real LSD though, and I basically gave myself a bachelor's degree in illicit drugs by studying scientific reports and such.

Fun fact: IRL LSD has no LD50 (The elephant thing? Yeah, total bullshit, they shot that elephant up with like twelve other kinds of drugs. The results were contaminated.) meaning you really can't overdose on it. You can drive yourself permanently and irreversibly insane though. Also, LSD is non-toxic, and psilocybin mushrooms are less toxic than aspirin (Which isn't saying much, aspirin is toxic as fuck.). And no, doing LSD or shrooms will NOT MAKE YOUR SPINAL CORD BLEED. THAT IS NOT WHY YOU HALLUCINATE.

Wait, does Mindbreaker work if you just splash them with it?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: May 28, 2013, 12:38:38 pm »

It works in smoke grenades, so there's a decent chance that direct contact would do it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: May 28, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »

I think you mean Dermaline, scrdest.

And yeah, that's what it says on the wiki. Nobody actually cares tough. Also, there's a certain chemical that I've never made and don't know the name of that breaks mindbreaker down quickly.

No. Dexalin. I know that it fixes oxygen deprivation. I used the similarity to feed him the Mindbreaker pills though. And the 'certain chemical' is mass produced/requested by any competent Virologist.

Yes, I know. :) I've DONE real LSD though, and I basically gave myself a bachelor's degree in illicit drugs by studying scientific reports and such.

Fun fact: IRL LSD has no LD50 (The elephant thing? Yeah, total bullshit, they shot that elephant up with like twelve other kinds of drugs. The results were contaminated.) meaning you really can't overdose on it. You can drive yourself permanently and irreversibly insane though. Also, LSD is non-toxic, and psilocybin mushrooms are less toxic than aspirin (Which isn't saying much, aspirin is toxic as fuck.). And no, doing LSD or shrooms will NOT MAKE YOUR SPINAL CORD BLEED. THAT IS NOT WHY YOU HALLUCINATE.

Wait, does Mindbreaker work if you just splash them with it?

Nothing has no LD50. Hell, WATER is toxic in sufficent amounts (water poisoning, amusingly enough, possible effect of drug-induced polydipsia, but also various other abnormalities, like diabetes insipidus). LSD has a low LD50, but it still does have one. It increases heart rate, for once (of course, so does caffeine - but caffeine is toxic in large enough doses as well!).

Aspirin and Acetaminophen are both really toxic, with potential to cause MASSIVE damage throughout the body, the latter, for example, causing liver damage.

Spinal... cord... bleed... what. What. WHAAAAAT. WHO THE HELL CAME UP WITH THE IDEA?! It's on par with believing that if a woman dies in birth you must force her mouth open so the child could breathe through it (MEDIEVAL/RENAISSANCE SCIENCE AHOY!). Just... what.

Back on topic of SS13, no idea if it works via splash now. Either way, you can steal the sprayer from Medbay, Janitor, Botanics/Clown, or Security (pepperspray is a reskin of the Space Cleaner with less volume) and use it to splash people.

EDIT: smoke grenades work via inhalation. You'd just have to apply it via bottle or beaker. Oh, and Beepsky Smash-filled bottle is an awesome personal defence weapon for Bartender.

EDITCEPTION: Fun fact: if you have someone to operate Atmos, you can have Ghetto-cryo. Just cool an oxygen tank in Cooler and apply along with Cryo/Clonexadone to the patient.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:05:22 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: May 28, 2013, 01:30:33 pm »

EDITCEPTION: Fun fact: if you have someone to operate Atmos, you can have Ghetto-cryo. Just cool an oxygen tank in Cooler and apply along with Cryo/Clonexadone to the patient.
You know, I was thinking about this last night... If someone has genetic damage, can you inject them with clonexadone and then push them in space for a bit to heal it? Of course, you'd need to either reel them every so often or constantly apply ointment, but it would be awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: May 28, 2013, 01:31:04 pm »

I think low pressure does brute damage, actually.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: May 28, 2013, 01:34:21 pm »

And I've gotten burned from really low temp, though admittedly it was the really low temp of a fire being sucked into a vacuum...

edit: Oh, the burning was already accounted for. Teach me to only read half the post.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:45:22 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: May 28, 2013, 01:35:29 pm »

I think low pressure does brute damage, actually.
It does, but you suffer burn damage from the extreme cold a lot faster unless I've forgotten something.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: May 28, 2013, 01:41:44 pm »

You know, I was thinking about this last night... If someone has genetic damage, can you inject them with clonexadone and then push them in space for a bit to heal it? Of course, you'd need to either reel them every so often or constantly apply ointment, but it would be awesome.

Impractical - space is not only cold but also lacks pressure and air. So you need to plop an oxygen mask on someone and supply them with a steady supply of Tricord/Delight. Actually, I just remembered the best way to execute that: wrench a shower. Inject someone with Cryox/Clonex and then feed them Dermaline to fix the ICE BURN. Cheap, quick, should do the job, and you don't risk someone floating off to have Spess Adventures with their pet Carp.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: May 28, 2013, 02:04:13 pm »

Impractical - space is not only cold but also lacks pressure and air. So you need to plop an oxygen mask on someone and supply them with a steady supply of Tricord/Delight. Actually, I just remembered the best way to execute that: wrench a shower. Inject someone with Cryox/Clonex and then feed them Dermaline to fix the ICE BURN. Cheap, quick, should do the job, and you don't risk someone floating off to have Spess Adventures with their pet Carp.
Impractical, yes. Impossible? No. That makes it worth doing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: May 28, 2013, 02:05:28 pm »

Impractical, yes. Impossible? No. That makes it worth doing.
Wrenched showers are far more reliable tough, and they're not hard to find.

E: I don't care about whatever, but if you're mime, you DON'T PICK UP THE PAI. That just (nearly) ruins one (dead) person's chance to have fun as pAI.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:19:20 pm by miauw62 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: May 28, 2013, 02:11:45 pm »

Oh my god! I was a bartender and I actually made a drink for someone! :o

Also, I'm gonna start playing this again.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: May 28, 2013, 03:06:26 pm »

What was the drink? I really hope the person didn't ask for the usual whiskey/vodka.
Think fast, act faster.
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 1654