Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116882 times)

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #6000 on: May 25, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »

Playing as surgeon, tried opening the medbot.  No clue how, was hitting it one tool at a time and swearing at each failure.  Just said "Why won't you open up?" when Alina got pissed and melted my face, then drugged me with mindbreaker, then stabbed my eyes into partial blindness.  I turned her into a monkey in response.  Had no Idea how to do that either, just threw one in the scanner, hit buttons until I saw "Injector" then nailed her with it as she was punching me for sneaking into chems.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: May 25, 2013, 07:52:56 pm »

Playing as surgeon, tried opening the medbot.  No clue how, was hitting it one tool at a time and swearing at each failure.  Just said "Why won't you open up?" when Alina got pissed and melted my face, then drugged me with mindbreaker, then stabbed my eyes into partial blindness.  I turned her into a monkey in response.  Had no Idea how to do that either, just threw one in the scanner, hit buttons until I saw "Injector" then nailed her with it as she was punching me for sneaking into chems.

This anecdote is full of wat

She did all of that to you because you broke into Chem lab? And the fight escalated over to Genetics, and nobody noticed, where you had time while under LSD and half-blind, to inject her with monkey genes?
I need to put something interesting here.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: May 25, 2013, 08:01:04 pm »

No, I tried fixing the medbot but ended up just smacking it with tools. She did all that in response to harming the medbot.
Once I stopped tripping, I asked the RD for bombs. She said no so I had the captain let me into genetics.  When I later snuck into chems to inject her, she started beating me to death for entering. Which caused her to stand still JUST long enough.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:04:35 pm by b_knight286 »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: May 25, 2013, 08:05:57 pm »

No, I tried fixing the medbot but ended up just smacking it with tools. She did all that in response to harming the medbot.
Once I stopped tripping, I asked the RD for bombs. She said no so I had the captain let me into genetics.  When I later snuck into chems to inject her, she started beating me to death for entering. Which caused her to stand still JUST long enough.
That seems a bit excessive.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: May 25, 2013, 08:12:30 pm »

You were going to BLOW her up?

And effectively cripple the ENTIRE medbay?

Why not call security?

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: May 25, 2013, 08:13:38 pm »

Been informed Simon melted me.  Ah well, she still LSDed me then stabbed my eyes with a screwdriver over a damn medbot. And she turned out to be a traitor!
Also, the bombs were after both the HoS and the captain ignored my cries for justice.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: May 25, 2013, 08:14:33 pm »

Actually, that was Simon that melted your face. You just caught the edge of Alina's mindbreaker grenade, I think. The syringe I injected you with actually was Bicard to help with the bruising you had. And frankly, medbots are precious and you were beating on it with the crowbar like there was no tomorrow, even after we gave you a countdown to stop and leave. After the first time whacking it with blunt objects, you could have turned and asked for help, or (in a meta sense) looked it up. Repeatedly beating it does nothing.

ninjas

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: May 25, 2013, 08:15:21 pm »

Actually, that was Simon that melted your face. You just caught the edge of Alina's mindbreaker grenade, I think. The syringe I injected you with actually was Bicard to help with the bruising you had. And frankly, medbots are precious and you were beating on it with the crowbar like there was no tomorrow, even after we gave you a countdown to stop and leave. After the first time whacking it with blunt objects, you could have turned and asked for help, or (in a meta sense) looked it up. Repeatedly beating it does nothing.

ninjas

I swapped tools after every swing.  Swore after each failure, then asked it why it wouldn't just open for me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: May 25, 2013, 08:18:33 pm »

The logical step after the first failure is not "Swing something else at it.", it's "Ask/look up how to do it." Isn't it? I mean, it's not like someone figures out how to get chemicals by hitting the machines in Chem with various containers, right? Same idea?

For that matter you weren't even clear over whether you were trying to open it or repair the damage you'd already caused. But whatever, let's continue this in PMs if at all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: May 25, 2013, 08:20:03 pm »

To me it just seems that all sides of the conflict kind of blew it out of proportions.

Most servers I play on, Medbots are hardly used. There's doctors in the bay for a reason, I believe medbots are more along the lines of "Slap some Tricordrazine in and toss them in engineering/security/whatever for a quick fix if needed." So I don't get why everyone freaked.

But then again, Chloral or security would have worked much better than Mindbreaker and blunt objects applied to the guy's face.

But then having the intent to blow up the lab, (Which is pretty much indispensable) but later turning the person into a monkey is odd as well.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: May 25, 2013, 08:24:00 pm »

I RP my surgeon as a stoner. He had no damn clue what was going on.  He was using stoner logic. Dude...turn her into a monkey!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: May 25, 2013, 08:38:09 pm »

Medbots automatically inject tricordrazine, I think. At least, whatever they inject heals just about everything.

Also, doctors tend to be inefficient for healing most minor injuries. They're technically supposed to take care of people who are incapacitated, people who can't make it to medbay on their own (or are too stubborn to), perform surgery (at least I think MDs are the ones who do surgery), or help the other medical personnel with their jobs.
Nothing important here, move along.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: May 25, 2013, 08:43:20 pm »

Well, in round one I caused minor troubles until I was recruited as a cop, then injected people with my blood when things went to shit, also preformed emergency eye surgery on my blind leader

Round 2 involves me being the worst bartender ever, taking like eight minutes to hack a door and still failing, and then lying dead in a maintenance shaft after accidentally clicking a powerline with cutters

so far, it's a blast
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: May 25, 2013, 08:54:46 pm »

Medbots automatically inject tricordrazine, I think. At least, whatever they inject heals just about everything.

Also, doctors tend to be inefficient for healing most minor injuries. They're technically supposed to take care of people who are incapacitated, people who can't make it to medbay on their own (or are too stubborn to), perform surgery (at least I think MDs are the ones who do surgery), or help the other medical personnel with their jobs.

I could have sworn you needed to manually make a chemical for them to inject, or maybe I play different servers. Every server has this or that altered.

But yeah, the fact that most doctors are severely incompetent really irks me. It's one of the more valuable/stressful jobs on the station. Especially in emergencies, when there's a half-dozen dying crewmembers and they walk around bashing people in the face with a first-aid kit. It's just as bad as the engineers who do nothing but steal hardsuits and don't actually know how to fix breaches.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: May 25, 2013, 09:21:56 pm »

I spend so much time stuck in maintenance shafts.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1654