Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117171 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5940 on: May 25, 2013, 04:04:42 am »

It's simple. Download BYOND, connect to server.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: May 25, 2013, 05:13:10 am »

It's simple. Download BYOND, connect to server.
What got me confused was the link to the other SS13 being devloped on the main thread, there was no download link there

The screenshot from the alpha thing didnt look like the let's play i saw so i tought i missed a chapter. But i got on and had some fun trying to fire up the sing and realise the station was going in black out because the solar panel wasnt set, so while trying to set them up i had a virus outbreak spawning a whole floor in space vines, had to feed myself and didnt know how, wehn i came back to fire the sing... well i died because i stepped to close to the containement field.

Was fun tho. but now gotta hit the sack and ill try again tomorow :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: May 25, 2013, 05:17:53 am »

Zoomzool says that Vactor's server is down and indeed I can't connect. Can anyone confirm that the server is down?
Just in case, I Brought my server up, for anyone who wants to play until Vactor is able to reboot. I got the latest updates from Github, but I am not sure of what changed. ( or if I updated correctly)

IP is byond://151.63.33.16:7777

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: May 25, 2013, 05:18:38 am »

Send a PM to Vactor, I can't do it right now.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: May 25, 2013, 05:27:08 am »

sent.

edit: I hope the server is rebooted soon. would be a pity to have a saturday without a proper server.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:31:14 am by andrea »

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: May 25, 2013, 07:26:39 am »

Looks like the server has been taken over by some fool in a wizard robe. So far, he has gibbed everyone and is trying to turn them into golems.

Edit: Alright, we restarted the server and he calmed down. Then we all apologized to each other and united in the task of doing crazy stuff.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:34:55 am by sebcool »
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: May 25, 2013, 07:47:14 am »

Sounds like your standard not me wizard.
Seriously, there is way too much wizard hate though. I mean, I do understand the reasoning behind it, you can only get hit by a red car so many times before you come to the conclusion that 90% of people who drive red cars are assholes who exist only to cause you pain. But first and foremost all they have are these spells, and you gotta remember they're antags (most of the time, and not talking about this case specifically No idea what the situation is beyond a wizard blowing up all the people). What we need is a nice sized round with two or three proper wizards that aren't a certain robust individual that may or may not transfer his robusting abilities to complement the spellcasting of a wizard. Too much OP! Too much OP!

Just kidding, I played on Goon exclusively before this, so I experienced the worst/best (all the content, admins on both side of the spectrum, players also on both sides of the spectrum) SS13 has to offer in my opinion. It's why you don't really see me complaining about much at all. When you've been killed 30 seconds into a round for no reason more times than you can count, you sorta get desensitized. I think the big complainers (not saying anyone in particular is, everyone defines that differently) should spend a couple weeks solely on goonstation, cut off from all RP like exiled Jedi to the Force. They'll come back grateful for what we have here.

Wow, I get ranty when I post right after waking up.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: May 25, 2013, 07:52:36 am »

we need to do a RP Imperium VS Chaos Cult round.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: May 25, 2013, 08:03:57 am »

How did last nights round go? the one with the viruses.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: May 25, 2013, 08:05:10 am »

I've wanted to suggest so many 40K-influenced rounds, but I feel that 40K is slowly becoming my identifier on this forum. It's all I talk about half the time, and I feel that might become a bore. But then  I remember it's 40K.

I'd thought about the Imperium/Cult round before, and I'll throw my thoughts out there so we can iron this out and make it happen. I figure Sec would be an Inquisitor (HoS) and his lackeys. The Engineers become tech-priests (with the CE becoming the Magos Mechanicus), genetics research is forbidden due to the mutation aspect, and Assistants are SPESS MAREENS. Barring that last bit, that's all I can remember about what I had. My notebook's at home, so I don't have my ideas with me.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: May 25, 2013, 08:12:09 am »

Server down 4noraisin as far as I can tell.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: May 25, 2013, 08:45:53 am »

werty, you can join my server if you want. we have 6 people at the moment.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: May 25, 2013, 08:48:49 am »

main server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher