Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123888 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5730 on: May 19, 2013, 11:13:42 pm »

Ninja is meh anyway. Like Wizard. I would prefer a good Traitorchan round any day.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: May 19, 2013, 11:37:38 pm »

Admins generally shouldn't be making everyone who asks a ninja. Ninja's should be introduced into a round VERY VERY RARELY. Either way, depending on objectives ninjas can in fact kill random people.

Actually, there's sometimes a random ninja event. I dunno what the frequency is, but it does happen.
Except Werty was asking for ninja multiple times before, and I find it unlikely a random ninja event would pick him and give him no objectives.
It was all a dream. In all seriousness, I had several objectives. But Glloyd teleported me a few times when I glitched out, and it kinda fucked it up.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: May 20, 2013, 12:03:02 am »

Updated my map, and opened a github for prospective mappers. Check it out here.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: May 20, 2013, 12:19:59 am »

Updated my map, and opened a github for prospective mappers. Check it out here.

I like mapping!  I would be BAD at it, could never even finish so much as a small map for Age of Empires...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: May 20, 2013, 02:43:19 am »

Some screenshots from last round.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That last picture can only be Donuts.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: May 20, 2013, 08:03:26 am »

Some screenshots from last round.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That last picture can only be Donuts.
Me and Glloyd, I believe.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: May 20, 2013, 09:50:20 am »

I, I, I, want to map~~

The only thing I terminally cannot do is making the atmospherics hub, but other than that, if I get dedicated enough, a whole station can be done in a semi-decent fashion. Does anyone have any guidelines or should I just jump in and hope you won't hate the end result?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: May 20, 2013, 09:51:49 am »

There's a mapping thread in creative, maybe they can help you there.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: May 20, 2013, 12:35:47 pm »

Man, I hate ninjas.  They have like 10 "I win" buttons, and they're not afraid to push them.  To recharge their power, they need an APC... that's hard to find...

It usually goes like this: "Oh hello Ninja, what are you d-" GIBBED!
Sometimes, they're feeling nice, so instead it's dart, slash slash slash slash slash GIBBED!

I got pretty mad when someone suggested it's bad RP to attempt to arrest invaders on sight.  It's a damn secret research station/experimental fuel mining station.  You think if someone breaks into area 51 wearing a ninja costume, they'd just be like "Oh hello ninja, what's up?"  No, they'd draw their guns, and if the guy didn't stop dead in his tracks, they'd make him dead in his tracks.

On an unrelated note, I was playing by myself on KG's server, and decided to test whether setting up solars instead of the singularity is a valid strategy.  It's not.
By the time you've got the solars all wired and turned on, you've lost power in most of the station. Then it takes another 40 minutes or so for the SMESes to charge enough to be able to turn on the output without it running out and turning back off.  After that, it takes another 10 minutes or so for the APCs to charge back up enough to turn everyone's equipment back on.
So the solars are really only suitable as a source of backup power, if something happens to the singularity an hour into the round, either the PA gets turned off, or it escapes away from the station.  I think everyone knows that a round without power for the first hour SUCKS, at least if you're not the antag.

I also learned a fun way to fill the atmos system with superheated invisible CO2, which is pretty deadly if you're not wearing a hardsuit, although interestingly enough it doesn't do anything to carp.  I also learned one max power bomb can blow up the AI upload chamber, and a big enough chunk of the AI chamber itself so you could run right in and card the AI.  A similar bomb dropped in the bridge by the captain's door will destroy almost all the AI chamber's turrets.  Max power bombs destroy a big space.  All that without any supercooled O2 or superheated plasma.  One tank of 50 kpa of plasma, with the rest filled with superheated CO2, the other tank filled with room temperature secret gas mix.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: May 20, 2013, 12:40:20 pm »

On an unrelated note, I was playing by myself on KG's server, and decided to test whether setting up solars instead of the singularity is a valid strategy.  It's not.
By the time you've got the solars all wired and turned on, you've lost power in most of the station. Then it takes another 40 minutes or so for the SMESes to charge enough to be able to turn on the output without it running out and turning back off.  After that, it takes another 10 minutes or so for the APCs to charge back up enough to turn everyone's equipment back on.
So the solars are really only suitable as a source of backup power, if something happens to the singularity an hour into the round, either the PA gets turned off, or it escapes away from the station.  I think everyone knows that a round without power for the first hour SUCKS, at least if you're not the antag.
There's your problem. Four people on solar duty should be able to set it up before consoles start turning off. Anyone can wire solars. Just open up EVA. It is also way too early in the round to get random events.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: May 20, 2013, 01:11:20 pm »

I agree with you about ninja's, they tend to slap everyone in the face with their murderboner.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: May 20, 2013, 01:12:40 pm »

Yeah, you can get it set up, but then you need them to charge. And they only charge 2 at a time.  That's where the majority of the waiting happens.

If you just wire them straight into the grid to avoid waiting for them to charge, you only have 160k - 180k KW, which isn't quite enough, although maybe you could hold a charge on most APCs, and just have a couple areas with intermittant power loss. 

This vs setting up the singularity in 5 minutes, and having way, way more power than you'd ever need. 

I only set up the solars as an RP exercise, as after setting up the singulo and atmos, I don't usually have anything better to do.  It's nice to know if something happens to my singu later in the round I'll have the solar SMESes charged up and ready to go.  Although to be honest, I've noticed while most engineers will get the solars wired, they almost never end up actually turning the output on on the SMESes.

I've thought about setting up the singulo, then setting up the solars, and finally, when the solars are charged, turning off the singularity. It feels too much like metagaming to me though. 

I'm just saying this in response to people who say we shouldn't bother with the singulo, as the solars are just as good.  Plus, the solars can't destroy the whole station, so they suck :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: May 20, 2013, 01:33:08 pm »

Yeah, you can get it set up, but then you need them to charge. And they only charge 2 at a time.  That's where the majority of the waiting happens.

If you just wire them straight into the grid to avoid waiting for them to charge, you only have 160k - 180k KW, which isn't quite enough, although maybe you could hold a charge on most APCs, and just have a couple areas with intermittant power loss. 

10-15 people doing things on station draws maybe 130k. There's a 200k+ draw until APC batteries are topped up.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: May 20, 2013, 01:41:10 pm »

I'm just saying this in response to people who say we shouldn't bother with the singulo, as the solars are just as good.  Plus, the solars can't destroy the whole station, so they suck :P

New plan! Build like four more solars every round!

But really, setting up the Singularity isn't too terribly complicated, just remember to turn on the SMESes (Which I don't know how to do really.) and you CAN turn it on even if the power is out. Just set up a Pacman and steal everyone on station's plasma. (Disclaimer: Hans is not responsible for horrific death, maiming, destruction of property, or any other unwanted result of his advice. Hans does not endorse setting up the Singulo late with a Pacman.)

And if all else fails, migrate to the Mining Asteroid and tell the station proper to go fuck itself. Power NEVER runs out on the asteroid... Right?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: May 20, 2013, 01:46:29 pm »

And if all else fails, migrate to the Mining Asteroid and tell the station proper to go fuck itself. Power NEVER runs out on the asteroid... Right?
If you've got a crowbar, a rig and a pickaxe, no. That is literally infinite power right there.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1654