Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123461 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5655 on: May 18, 2013, 10:06:54 am »

I went into disposals on one of the busier servers once... It was nasty. There was a break in the pipes and everything was being dumped there. SO MUCH CRAP.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: May 18, 2013, 10:11:07 am »

Yeah, I never got that. Even if I'm ditching a pair of gloves or something innocuous like that, I'll stuff them in a locker or something. Or put them in disposals but turn off the flusher.

I check all containers when they come through the mail office and I won't hesitate to berate people when they throw away things that are not garbage. Suspect items get reported to security, silently if possible.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: May 18, 2013, 10:28:41 am »

And thus the 6-hour sandbox rounds end, killed by a vote. So much fuckery. Corpses, blood and damaged floor tiles littered the hallways, combined with space vines and alien weeds here and there. Mech corpses piled up into piles hundreds of Z-levels high, almost as high as the piles of junk fired from the rampant vending machines. Adamantine runes were drewn all over the hallways and nobody knew where disposals would lead. A perpetual stream of corpses fired between a disposals chute, sometimes disturbed by somebody carefully treading the space inbetween. Mechs yet intact wandered the hallways, looking for spiders and xenomorphs to kill. A divine force saw this, and ruled by the will of the inhabitants of the station, changed it back to a more stable state. But not for long.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: May 18, 2013, 10:42:28 am »

And thus the 6-hour sandbox rounds end, killed by a vote. So much fuckery. Corpses, blood and damaged floor tiles littered the hallways, combined with space vines and alien weeds here and there. Mech corpses piled up into piles hundreds of Z-levels high, almost as high as the piles of junk fired from the rampant vending machines. Adamantine runes were drewn all over the hallways and nobody knew where disposals would lead. A perpetual stream of corpses fired between a disposals chute, sometimes disturbed by somebody carefully treading the space inbetween. Mechs yet intact wandered the hallways, looking for spiders and xenomorphs to kill. A divine force saw this, and ruled by the will of the inhabitants of the station, changed it back to a more stable state. But not for long.
Not fucked up enough, let me get on. Neat.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: May 18, 2013, 10:51:15 am »

Updated my mapmaking thread with an updated map. [urlhttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126115.msg4256333#msg4256333]Check it out![/url]

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: May 18, 2013, 11:46:00 am »

dude. why did youhit me so mutch? i was running anyways...
and no clamp meant that I was left behind...

Two reasons. You might not like the second one.

One, you were in a mech, offering to drag people across to the shuttle, and I was pretty sincere in my desire to make sure no one was on board the shuttle.

Two, you have demonstrated yourself to be exceptionally pigheaded and stubborn when you make up your mind, and I wanted you to REALLY UNDERSTAND that I was fully capable of, and completely willing to kill your mech and leave you to die. Just be glad I didn't have a bomb left, or I would have used it on you.

Also, I've said this to you like a half dozen times: Antags are not always nice, sometimes they will brutally murder you simply because you might possibly, vaguely become a threat later. And when I play, Mech = Threat Level Severe.

Heh. I accidentally gibbed Penrose by grabbing him and phase jumping, where we both landed on the same tile. I still have no idea how you got his brain.

I had a fun list of objectives. I had to debrain Wilson Lee, HoS. He went braindead in the bar, easy completion with my all-access ID. I had to steal 14 technology levels, which I did but the game didn't count it as complete. Steal a hyper-capacity cell, but R&D exploded before I could build one. Protect Lillian Helsbrecht, as you know. Survive until the end, easy enough. I also had to save animals where possible, which I failed miserably. :P

Also, I think I activated your proximity bomb. I walk into the starboard emergency storage, which was already severely damage, and trigger a bomb two tiles away that makes my health go down to flashing red. I just barely survived and hauled my ass to medbay where Hector healed me. That was the closest I came to dying as the ninja and it was a booby trap laid by the person I had to protect. :P

I never got Penrose's brain. The admins took pity on me and removed that objective because it being ruined was out of my control and not my fault.

Also, yes, that was my bomb. I threw it near robotics, thinking maybe it would kill the mech and save me some trouble.

Also, the whole 'planting the bombs' bit was hilarious. Me, in a security hardsuit with a backpack full of bombs in one hand, running to escape, opening the maintenance shaft, throwing a bomb in with 37 seconds on the timer. Axl-Ninja runs up, and says, "We have a problem, namely, carp... Oh. You have bombs."
I throw one in the chapel, and we talk for a moment, then I realize we're STANDING NEXT TO A LIVE BOMB and say, "Er, we need to go, come on."

Plant one in a locker, then one in another maintenance, then wander around a bit. Finally, throw the two proximity bombs. One was right outside escape in the hall, the other was in/near robotics mechbay.

After they exploded, Axl and I ran up and down the hallway ganking anyone trying to get across. The conversation with Sarah in the pod was great. "Sarah, STAY. HERE. YOU ARE THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS NOW."
"... wut."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: May 18, 2013, 12:06:13 pm »

Serious me > Crew > Silly me
Heh had fun traitor QM round. Only ordered an energy weapon crate, and took down the majority of the heads. Captain, CE, HoS, HoP, and mostly all of security. I wanted to hijack the shuttle but for some strange reason, it was filled to the brim with clowns. And I didn't have enough ammo sadly.....

1 traitor vs 18 crew.
Traitor wins. Greentext!
Think fast, act faster.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: May 18, 2013, 12:17:58 pm »

Say, a borg just obviously disobeyed his laws and tried to kill somebody. You blow him. You get a hold of the now law-less brain. What do you do? YOU FUCKING SPACE THE BRAIN, OBVIOUSLY!

Thanks for putting me out of the round for no reason.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: May 18, 2013, 12:29:40 pm »

Reminds me of that Changeling round where I was HoS. I blew the borgs (Thanks Werty, HoP, for the all access card, and for your delicious DNA), went to Security, picked up the brain, and then ate Werty in front of it. After that, I threatened to space it, and right as it flipped out on me, I threw it in the Security pod and giggled.

The brain survived where like 8-12 crewman did not.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: May 18, 2013, 12:47:52 pm »

Reminds me of that Changeling round where I was HoS. I blew the borgs (Thanks Werty, HoP, for the all access card, and for your delicious DNA), went to Security, picked up the brain, and then ate Werty in front of it. After that, I threatened to space it, and right as it flipped out on me, I threw it in the Security pod and giggled.

Speaking as the brain that round... did I flip out on you? I'm not sure. I think it was probably the threat of spacing. But yeah, that's why I play cyborg a lot. If you get blown, no worries. You're not REALLY out of the round so long as you're not a dick. You just become a pAI, and if you're nice enough, you have a definite chance of being put back into a body. I've been blown numerous times, and I just scream "Help! Help!" until someone comes by and picks me up and then I usually function like a pAI for the rest of the round.
Also often called Boowells.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: May 18, 2013, 01:06:19 pm »

Yeah, I should stop playing asshole borg so I'm not put out of the round.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: May 18, 2013, 01:20:06 pm »

Speaking as the brain that round... did I flip out on you? I'm not sure. I think it was probably the threat of spacing. But yeah, that's why I play cyborg a lot. If you get blown, no worries. You're not REALLY out of the round so long as you're not a dick. You just become a pAI, and if you're nice enough, you have a definite chance of being put back into a body. I've been blown numerous times, and I just scream "Help! Help!" until someone comes by and picks me up and then I usually function like a pAI for the rest of the round.

Let me give a mostly accurate version of the conversation:

Me- Now, you have two options... Space... Or the pod.
You- I'd prefer the pod *Me is walking to the pod*, space would get lonely.
*Me opens the pod door, then turns, walks to the airlock*
Me- I lied.
You- YOU *Me throws the brain in the pod* BASTARD- Oh wait. What?
Me- Heh, you should have seen the look on your... Er. Nevermind.

So, a bit. But it was RP flip out, not like, "FUCK YOU DICKFACE!" Flipout.
He's fucking with us.

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: May 18, 2013, 02:42:38 pm »

Round as ling.

*hides in shuttle's oxygen locker, with Franky the changeling sitting nearby*
Ms. Alpha: So who was Franky?
Mr. Gamma: I was him, I failed in my objective.
Ms. Alpha: Ah. Okay.

*Proceeds to stun and cuff him, then absorbs.*
Ms. Alpha: I did warn you not take the shuttle.
I killed him simply because he didn't succeed. There is no room for failure on MY shuttle.
Think fast, act faster.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: May 18, 2013, 03:50:17 pm »

I was about to confront the HoS but got stunned because I'm not robust. The CMO came to help
me but got stunned. I assume the HoS went into stasis (he seemed asleep ) so I made a run for the pod, naked. Sadly, I had to go at that point. Not a bad round, all things considered.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: May 18, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »

Hello all

Interested in joining in on this server some time. Any noticeable changes from your standard? And does it have any extra jobs you wouldn't find on say yogstation to give a comparison. (just had a great time RP'ing a massively gay barber on apollo 17 server).

Xenomorph mode supported?
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 1654