Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123695 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5610 on: May 17, 2013, 12:29:36 pm »

Did the station survive the carp invasion?

it did. we evacuated due to lack of staff however.
the survivors were Garret Digson, a recently joined atmos technician, and of course all 6 hilarious wizard robes, each in its own crate.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: May 17, 2013, 12:52:16 pm »

Hans continues to surprise me with the ways he tortures me, and I plan on returning the favor next time I'm an antag. This is a sociopath's game :P

DO. NOT. SMOKE. MY. CIGAR.

Long story short? I handcuffed Axl, buckled him to a chair, and locked him in Toxins storage. Then, I tortured him with a cigar, tools, my fists, and some medkits for awhile. Also, psychological torture. Then, I opened the valves on two tanks of O2, to max pressure, thinking it would kill him, and teleported out, in true badguy style.
All over a cigar. Funny how we flop between fighting side-by-side to torturing each other to death.

It's a shame I had to leave. I feared what would happen if I got cloned, and it would be awesome.

I thought the events in the RnD department were a bit sufficient. Ripping off your O2 mask in a plasma filled hall, and letting you run about in horror was pretty extreme. I was just going to clone you and dump you naked in the hall. What's worse, being gruesomely, awfully tortured to death, or living with the horrific trauma of being gruesomely tortured, murdered, then brought by back your killer so you could forever live with the memories. :P

Axl survived. Just as the HoS and Detective were asking what was going on in Toxins storage, and I waited for the borg to open it, I drew my gun and stunned them both. Then I ordered the mediborg to kill them both. (I'd uploaded a one human law, then ordered him to come to me, and emagged him.) I slashed the detective to death while the borg sprayed Polytrinic on the HoS. They both died, and I went to the bridge and called the shuttle. Then, Axl called me over the comms, and so I went back to Toxins storage, and threw a lit welder into the now plasma filled room. It set a small fire, but nothing major, so I came back again, and this time, broke in, stunned Axl... And removed his mask. Then I shook him awake, and let him run around in the plasma filled RnD department. He got to a section with air, and put on internals, so I stunned him again, and pulled them off.

Detective Vladmir Dimitri wasn't a very good detective :P

EDIT: I was the detective...

At one point, I was torturing Axl, and you said, "God, it's a quiet shift. I wish something would happen." I chuckled quietly to myself, and said, "Don't say that. It's BAAAD luck." So, of course, later, when you both were trying to get into Toxins storage, you get horribly murdered. For note, in the future, don't stand so close to each other. Stand far apart. You SHOULD have been on two sides on the borg, quite distant from him. It would have made it more difficult for me to shoot both of you before you could move/fight back. And I didn't particularly WANT to kill both of you, but once it was on, it was on.

Heh, wait. Wasn't that your first round on this server?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: May 17, 2013, 02:09:32 pm »

I just realized new Cargo features is totally Papers Please IN SPESS! This is glorious.

Glory to Arstotzka! Nanotrasen!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: May 17, 2013, 03:21:53 pm »

I just realized new Cargo features is totally Papers Please IN SPESS! This is glorious.

Glory to Arstotzka! Nanotrasen!

Cargonia will break away eventually. Viva la Revolucion!

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: May 17, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »

Cargonia will break away eventually. Viva la Revolucion!
Atmosia has declared war on Cargonia!
Where will Mediburg and the republic of Scientifica stand?

Would be quite a hilarious situation if all the sections started barricading and bickering.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #5615 on: May 17, 2013, 04:10:36 pm »

I've been feeling an itch to get back into playing SS13 for a little while now. One of the main things standing in my way is the fact that most of the servers have moved on significantly from when I last played, and I feel a bit out of touch... I know next to nothing about how to play any role these days, it seems.

With that in mind, how welcoming would Urist McStation be to someone who, beyond an echo of familiarity with the interface, is effectively a newbie?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: May 17, 2013, 04:14:40 pm »

I've been feeling an itch to get back into playing SS13 for a little while now. One of the main things standing in my way is the fact that most of the servers have moved on significantly from when I last played, and I feel a bit out of touch... I know next to nothing about how to play any role these days, it seems.

With that in mind, how welcoming would Urist McStation be to someone who, beyond an echo of familiarity with the interface, is effectively a newbie?
Depends on whether you want to be Captain or Assistant (or something in between), really.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: May 17, 2013, 04:27:12 pm »

Depends on whether you want to be Captain or Assistant (or something in between), really.

Join us! Just hop on, chat up folks in OOC before choosing to join a session, and see where that leads. A round of 6 people will play different from a round of 15, so just be aware of that if you feel like abandoning the server.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #5618 on: May 17, 2013, 04:41:00 pm »

Well, going hand in hand with my echo of familiarity with the game, and awareness that I don't really know how any of the jobs work any more, it should be safe to assume I'm not fixing on playing the Captain, AI, or any traitor role any time soon :P

My question is more focused on whether (partially due to the heavier RP environment) this station is accepting of newer players or would rather they learn somewhere else? An RP environment tends to be less accepting of mistakes from the player (an OOC, and thus blameless entity). Hard to justify a botanist who doesn't know where botany is on an RP server than an RP-lite server, if that makes sense?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: May 17, 2013, 04:47:05 pm »

There is a reason for that. New to the job?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: May 17, 2013, 04:52:58 pm »

Yeah, it's perfectly fine to have no idea what you're doing, especially if you can get someone to show you around, and your job isn't too important. Nanotransen is always screwing over the working man by sending untrained recruits to the station.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: May 17, 2013, 06:25:38 pm »

The moment when you find a captain's ID as a bartender, and make yourself Station Overlord. Then, when you try to seal yourself in the brig and declare the beginner of your tyrannical ruler, the captain catches you, and assumes you're the HoP, giving you HoP access... Priceless.

EDIT: Started Cargonia. Made dorms, an armory, and a bridge in Supply.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:23:04 pm by Glloyd »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: May 17, 2013, 08:13:33 pm »

This cult round has been fun. That session in the interrogation chamber with Sarah was great.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: May 17, 2013, 08:15:54 pm »

THE POWER OF NAR-SIE BINDS OUR HANDS PERMANENTLY!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: May 17, 2013, 08:20:23 pm »

EL HONKERO AGREES WITH THAT STATEMENT.

This round was fun.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1654