Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123910 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5550 on: May 16, 2013, 03:12:27 pm »

That's as bullshit as it gets.  It'd be nice if we had some kind hacker types who could return the favor...

Who's in charge of internet crime anyway? The FBI? I feel like when you have a server telling their users to attack other sites, it should be easy to prosecute you.   This is becoming a big problem, but you don't usually have an easily accessible server saying "Yep! We did it!"

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: May 16, 2013, 03:14:56 pm »

It'd be nice if we had some kind hacker types who could return the favor...

No. I will take it upon myself to ban anyone who does the same to them. Don't sink to their level.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: May 16, 2013, 03:24:28 pm »

I applaud you, Gyllod.
That said, what if we were to grief their server?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: May 16, 2013, 03:26:55 pm »

Who's in charge of internet crime anyway? The FBI? I feel like when you have a server telling their users to attack other sites, it should be easy to prosecute you.   This is becoming a big problem, but you don't usually have an easily accessible server saying "Yep! We did it!"
Each governement has it's own cybercrime division. They mostly focus on well, malicious things, rather than DDos's of gaming servers.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: May 16, 2013, 03:27:27 pm »

I applaud you, Gyllod.
That said, what if we were to grief their server?
Do it for yourself and not us. And then don't celebrate it here if you actually do something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: May 16, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

So is Vactor down? Interesting that right after someone posts the IP on another IRC, the server suddenly keeps crashing.
I suggest that you read the thread.
Also drop the xenophobia. Everyone else did that almost a whole page ago.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: May 16, 2013, 03:31:46 pm »

So is Vactor down? Interesting that right after someone posts the IP on another IRC, the server suddenly keeps crashing.
It was crashing before and I'm pretty sure vactor mentioned rolling internet outages in the area.
Nom nom nom

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: May 16, 2013, 03:35:53 pm »

I get that it's not exactly a priority for cybercrime divisions, but it's also outrageously easy to find and punish the culprit here.  They're openly confessing to it.  It's like if someone's smoking weed out in front of the police station.  Weed's not a huge priority, but come on, it's right there! 

I've read every last post in this entire thread.  I don't appreciate the attitude here.  I'm just saying the IP WAS posted elsewhere, and there IS a server having its members DDos other servers.  I simply put those two items together.

I'm not blaming it on the players who came over.   I didn't mean to infer that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:39:34 pm by Damiac »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: May 16, 2013, 03:41:05 pm »

So what, we know the server IP. Tracing that to someone in Real Life is not easy, and especially not if you have to follow legal guidelines. 

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: May 16, 2013, 03:42:55 pm »

I sincerely doubt it's a DDoS attack, considering few people know of our server. Posting the ip once or twice in the /tg/station irc/on some random /vg/ thread does not make it suddenly well known.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: May 16, 2013, 03:43:47 pm »

Can I suggest we just leave it?  Getting into a DDoS war would just be petty, and probably end up in tim32 being blown apart by a stray bullet.

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: May 16, 2013, 03:44:06 pm »

at the moment there is a DDoS attack targetting any and all known SS13 servers, so that may be the cause ( all servers except the one who is doing it, of course)
That's kind of an exaggeration, there's all kinds of servers up.
That said, yeah, /tg/station's three "official" servers are being attacked, and at least two different identities have taken credit for it on their forums (that are also being targeted now, after those guys were being ridiculed). If somebody at Nox is taking credit too, well good for them I guess, it's probably the same guys - If the DDoS they were talking about even has anything to do with this.
But "any and all known SS13 servers" is just willful misinformation, blowing this out of proportion. I mean, I'm logged into Baystation right now.

Less rumors and panic, more spacemen.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: May 16, 2013, 03:45:28 pm »

For the love of god do not confront them about it or mention bay 12 on their server. I don't want my only source of human contact to go down over a stupid game.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: May 16, 2013, 03:55:33 pm »

at the moment there is a DDoS attack targetting any and all known SS13 servers, so that may be the cause ( all servers except the one who is doing it, of course)
That's kind of an exaggeration, there's all kinds of servers up.
That said, yeah, /tg/station's three "official" servers are being attacked, and at least two different identities have taken credit for it on their forums (that are also being targeted now, after those guys were being ridiculed). If somebody at Nox is taking credit too, well good for them I guess, it's probably the same guys - If the DDoS they were talking about even has anything to do with this.
But "any and all known SS13 servers" is just willful misinformation, blowing this out of proportion. I mean, I'm logged into Baystation right now.

Less rumors and panic, more spacemen.

AFAIK, they hit a few other /tg/ branches and Yog as well, so I feel like this may just be a /tg/ thing. Problem is, we're also a /tg/ branch, so who knows.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: May 16, 2013, 04:15:21 pm »

That is really assholeish of them to do that, and doesn't prove anything except they're bastards.  We may be /tg/ branch, but we are not listed on the front page servers, I don't see a reason for them to DDoS us.  I doubt its easy, and we really have no beef with them anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 1654