Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124063 times)

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5505 on: May 16, 2013, 11:50:45 am »

Is there some reason the sandbox panel can't have functionality like the admins' 'spawn' verb? That just pops up a text box that will search through all atoms for the string you enter, so you can type in 'canister' and then it will present you with a list of all the canisters to choose from.

That search takes awhile when I do a local hosting. 10 people doing that at once? Who knows what would happen.

but... but... that should be done clientside. it shouldnt impact server performance.
Haha. Clientside. Byond. Good one.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: May 16, 2013, 11:53:10 am »

I heard that that adminverb was kinda crash-prone.

It is. The sheer amount of items causes your game to freeze for a little bit when you type in one letter.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: May 16, 2013, 11:55:00 am »

I heard that that adminverb was kinda crash-prone.

It is. The sheer amount of items causes your game to freeze for a little bit when you type in one letter.

Hence why Glloyd-events are sometimes a bit laggy.

He tries to type in, 'Hivebot', we wait, wondering if something exploded... Hivebots spawn, we wait a little longer thinking, "Oh god, that's a huge fucking bomb. I wonder where it hi-HIVEBOTS OH FU- GIMME THE FIRE AXE"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: May 16, 2013, 11:58:45 am »

Well, BYOND actually works as a program for the simple fact that EVERYTHING is done server-side. The entire point of BYOND is that you can play every game with the same client. If BYOND didn't work the way it does, we would have to download a new SS13 client every few days when an update comes out.

Also, sandbox panel closes after spawning? RAAAH. Dear god, this is going to be annoying. Any chance of removing this? (Altough I'm not sure if it's worth it, considering that we want to stay pretty close to /tg/)

By the way, get on the secondary server, people! Meh, I'm just gonna be playing on /tg/.

E: Wut. The mode is secret and for some reason, the fire alarms are saying that the alert level is delta. AKA, nuke-is-armed level.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:04:28 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: May 16, 2013, 12:07:21 pm »

Well, BYOND actually works as a program for the simple fact that EVERYTHING is done server-side. The entire point of BYOND is that you can play every game with the same client. If BYOND didn't work the way it does, we would have to download a new SS13 client every few days when an update comes out.

Also, sandbox panel closes after spawning? RAAAH. Dear god, this is going to be annoying. Any chance of removing this? (Altough I'm not sure if it's worth it, considering that we want to stay pretty close to /tg/)

By the way, get on the secondary server, people! Meh, I'm just gonna be playing on /tg/.

E: Wut. The mode is secret and for some reason, the fire alarms are saying that the alert level is delta. AKA, nuke-is-armed level.

Yes, it's absurdly easy to disable: /tg/ is not stupid with changes like that, so it's a matter of commenting/uncommenting a new config option.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: May 16, 2013, 12:13:12 pm »

Ah, cool. Also, /tg/servers are still down. Damnit.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: May 16, 2013, 12:14:22 pm »

I take it we will still have lots of immigrants then :p also. My initial xenophobia is over now i welcome them so long as they place nice.

also are we down as well ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: May 16, 2013, 12:15:14 pm »

Go to kg's server, it's still up.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:19:44 pm by miauw62 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: May 16, 2013, 12:50:12 pm »

Played part of a round with Baystation, and woah. Laggy as fuck. Also, no Mechs on the shuttle. Lame.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: May 16, 2013, 01:25:00 pm »

I heard something on another server, and decided to check it for myself. Sadly, it was true:

Quote from: Upon opening NoX Station:
May 16th: Congratulations on the taking down the other servers this week.  Each member participating in the attack has been awarded two unban cards.  We also have three new Viral Marketing slots available.  adminhelp if you want to be part of our advertisement team.  -jimbob

I am unimpressed NoX. Very unimpressed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:26:33 pm by Glloyd »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: May 16, 2013, 01:26:17 pm »

What.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: May 16, 2013, 01:26:46 pm »

How kind.

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: May 16, 2013, 01:27:01 pm »

Wow. That is the shittiest thing.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: May 16, 2013, 01:27:09 pm »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: May 16, 2013, 01:27:21 pm »

Quote from: Upon opening NoX Station:
Each member participating in the attack has been awarded two unban cards.
That is an incredibly stupid ban system.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1654