Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124038 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5490 on: May 16, 2013, 11:16:16 am »

My god it's.... it's beautiful.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: May 16, 2013, 11:16:54 am »

Please, PLEASE, let there be a search function for the sandbox panel. PLEAAASE.

NOOOOOOOOPE. Not added. Move along.

On the other hand, you can now spawn All-Access ID from the Panel, without digging in the filepaths, and some other things I don't remember right now.

EDIT: Woah, neat! Well, at least now you can PROPERLY spawn food, instead of the old 'close your eyes and pray' method, and the filters are a nice addition.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: May 16, 2013, 11:19:01 am »

It's much improved. You can make airlocks and alter their access in one menu. Clothing, reagents, and everything else are in separate screens. You can spawn an open full canister of NO2.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: May 16, 2013, 11:19:45 am »

I dunno. He did say that he would change the port when he got home. He may have forgotten to update the OP.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: May 16, 2013, 11:21:43 am »

Aw. Now I can no longer be smug about being the master of the sandbox panel, knowing where everything is. (except for god-fucking-damn air tanks.)

Also, the "open full can of NO2" was already in the thing. It was a subtype of the canisters you could spawn.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: May 16, 2013, 11:26:09 am »

Aw. Now I can no longer be smug about being the master of the sandbox panel, knowing where everything is. (except for god-fucking-damn air tanks.)

It's still a long list, just considerably easier to read and navigate.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: May 16, 2013, 11:30:04 am »

I dunno. He did say that he would change the port when he got home. He may have forgotten to update the OP.

The port wasn't changed, as there wasn't any griefing going on.  If you can't connect it went down.  Not sure why, but the machine has crashed a couple times in the last two days.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: May 16, 2013, 11:35:45 am »

Is there some reason the sandbox panel can't have functionality like the admins' 'spawn' verb? That just pops up a text box that will search through all atoms for the string you enter, so you can type in 'canister' and then it will present you with a list of all the canisters to choose from.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: May 16, 2013, 11:36:21 am »

I heard that that adminverb was kinda crash-prone.

Also, it would remove the last bits of my panel-smugness :c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: May 16, 2013, 11:37:34 am »

Is there some reason the sandbox panel can't have functionality like the admins' 'spawn' verb? That just pops up a text box that will search through all atoms for the string you enter, so you can type in 'canister' and then it will present you with a list of all the canisters to choose from.

I think /tg/ is actively trying to make the process of spawning slower. The Changelog for the Sandbox update indicates the Panel closes after using to hinder griefing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: May 16, 2013, 11:39:34 am »

That search takes awhile when I do a local hosting. 10 people doing that at once? Who knows what would happen.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: May 16, 2013, 11:39:45 am »

Would make sense. Stops people from spamming so many items that the server crashes.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: May 16, 2013, 11:42:47 am »

Admin spawning lets you create tens/hundreds? of the same thing all at once. We don't need that. What we need is a working server. Vactor! Nah, I'm just kidding. You do what you need to do. Hope your computer is okay.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: May 16, 2013, 11:44:31 am »

That search takes awhile when I do a local hosting. 10 people doing that at once? Who knows what would happen.

but... but... that should be done clientside. it shouldnt impact server performance.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: May 16, 2013, 11:50:21 am »

but... but... that should be done clientside. it shouldnt impact server performance.
From what I've heard, BYOND is a pretty lousy program for just these sorts of reasons.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1654