Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124138 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5460 on: May 15, 2013, 08:36:14 pm »

Over-reacting to migrants is just part of Bay12's nature. Everybody calm down.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: May 15, 2013, 08:46:28 pm »

-Hans' rant on security matters-
I don't normally read all the way through rants, but I did with this one, and I have to say I agree with what you're saying, one thing that I can't stand are people that will fight you just to be right, even when they are clearly wrong, or in no position to argue the matter. And when a sec officer is staring you down, you are in NO position.
I've never been arrested in the game, probably because I haven't played many rounds/don't get antag roles/don't act suspicious or irritating, but I think that just a few minutes is something I could sit through. And I have taken the time to observe matches rather than play, and the brig is definantly a great spot to watch for interesting things to happen.

I've been arrested a ton of times, and most of the times, it ended up being VERY FUN. Strange, I know...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: May 15, 2013, 08:48:58 pm »

I don't normally read all the way through rants, but I did with this one, and I have to say I agree with what you're saying, one thing that I can't stand are people that will fight you just to be right, even when they are clearly wrong, or in no position to argue the matter. And when a sec officer is staring you down, you are in NO position.
I've never been arrested in the game, probably because I haven't played many rounds/don't get antag roles/don't act suspicious or irritating, but I think that just a few minutes is something I could sit through. And I have taken the time to observe matches rather than play, and the brig is definantly a great spot to watch for interesting things to happen.
I've been arrested a ton of times, and most of the times, it ended up being VERY FUN. Strange, I know...
Now I want to log on just to break the space law. Thanks.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: May 15, 2013, 08:52:20 pm »

Why no puppies? Why?! Ian, you had plenty of time with her. I saved your widow.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: May 15, 2013, 08:54:15 pm »

Why no puppies? Why?! Ian, you had plenty of time with her. I saved your widow.
You had one job, Ian, and you messed it up.
The Derail Thread

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: May 15, 2013, 08:55:07 pm »

I very rarely have fun when I'm caught, usually because I'm stuck with either security that don't give a shit about me at all (usually because I'm a traitor, and therefore don't have any rights at all and apparently should just give up and die since I failed and am not going to have any fun for the rest of the round anyway) or are far too busy to bother with me beyond locking me up.
Nothing important here, move along.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: May 15, 2013, 08:55:40 pm »

I tend to try and escape arrest, mostly because that's the kind of guy I RP. Luckily, it's only for stuff like vandalism or other shit so it's just me skedaddling with sec/cap in pursuit while Benny Hill plays. If I get caught I almost always own up and face the music. Unless I'm the clown. Then the moment you try to put me in a prisoner's outfit I'm screaming that sec is touching my private place and running through the station naked 'til I find a friendly face who I try to convince to rebel against the authorities. Also, a little something: You don't always need to use handcuffs. I mean, just frogmarch them to the brig with a gun at their back. I find being handcuffed REALLY annoying. It isn't even realistic! I've been handcuffed before, and I was completely capable of using my hands to a limited degree. (It was at one of those things were the police come round to your primary school to give a talk and I wanted to know what it felt like. I also found out that while police DO keep an eye on their guns, they do NOT keep the same amount of attention on their wallets.) We should be able to use objects and carry things, but one handed things should be counted as taking up both hands.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: May 15, 2013, 09:00:40 pm »

The (unfortunate) thing about SS13 as it is now is that even being able to use your hands on something makes you extremely dangerous. Pick up even a one-handed weapon (which 90% of the weapons are) and you're pretty well set.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: May 15, 2013, 09:01:13 pm »

We should be able to use objects and carry things, but one handed things should be counted as taking up both hands.

You should be able to pick up a gun and shoot anything behind you, assuming your hands are behind your back and handcuffed.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: May 15, 2013, 09:02:10 pm »

Hm. Maybe a chance of misfiring or hitting yourself in the foot or something like that if you are only using one hand?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: May 15, 2013, 09:02:39 pm »

We should be able to use objects and carry things, but one handed things should be counted as taking up both hands.
You should be able to pick up a gun and shoot anything behind you, assuming your hands are behind your back and handcuffed.
I think that would require the game to factor in direction for your view range for that to make much of a differnece in-game.
The Derail Thread

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: May 15, 2013, 09:08:53 pm »

Maybe that you can only shoot where you are facing, or some arc based on that. Usually, you automatically turn, but if you gave the ability to grab someone and push them in front of you they would stay facing forward and security could march you through the halls with a gun to your back.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10:27 pm »

Perhaps you can pick up or pull items and use doors, but you can't attack with or throw anything? You also would have, say, a 2x or 3x time penalty using tools on things since you're acting blind, or can't even use some more sight-necessary systems like cutting wires or using complex tools.

Of course, that would take what I assume to be an insane amount of code-work to adjust, so I'd have to get a coder's estimate.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: May 15, 2013, 09:12:57 pm »

That sounds good.

EDIT: What I'd really like though, is having the ability to cuff feet to slow people down. That would allow sec to apprehend people as well as give the cuffed person a chance if a disaster occurred. The way it is now you're absolutely helpless if you're cuffed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:15:24 pm by Gamerlord »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: May 15, 2013, 09:19:04 pm »

You can already add shackles to someone's feet.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1654