Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124225 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5400 on: May 15, 2013, 12:33:53 pm »

Oh.

E: I tried not to be shitcurity. But if you continually piss me off, I WILL be shitcurity.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:41:45 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Inscribed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: May 15, 2013, 12:52:33 pm »

Damnit. Second time the shutle just explodes into sensless violence while I am HoS. Fucking shit. Not happy about it. Maybe I ma just shit HoS, definitly not playing that again in a long while....

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:05 pm »

What the fuck? Why do people ghost the moment they are fucking arrested? Do they enjoy sitting around for the rest of the round instead of spending a few minutes in jail?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: May 15, 2013, 01:35:11 pm »

Oh.

E: I tried not to be shitcurity. But if you continually piss me off, I WILL be shitcurity.

See, this, and this:

Damnit. Second time the shutle just explodes into sensless violence while I am HoS. Fucking shit. Not happy about it. Maybe I ma just shit HoS, definitly not playing that again in a long while....

Related.

There seems to be some strange kind of mindset regarding security. Security is shitcurity if they're arresting you, period. They're not doing it right, they don't need to flash you, they BURKLECUFFED ME OMG BAN HE, that is WAAAY too long of a time, blah blah blah. But if they saved your ass from getting shanked to death, suddenly they're okay.

Frankly, when I play security, I do not give a single fuck about your opinion of my job playing security, and in fact, telling me your opinion often doesn't improve my performance, it makes me more likely to be shitcurity. Straight up. I'm usually very polite, mannerly, and cooperative (Clowns exempted from this policy.) and I will generally give you a warning or reprimand rather than brig you. But the instant you start arguing with me, telling me I'm wrong, or anything like that, I'm going to brig your ass. As for the times? If you're being kinda cool, I'll LET YOU GO WITH A WARNING. That's it. "Hey, don't attack people with spears, bro. That's bad." But I swear to god, you call me shitcurity, fight arrest, try to run and generally make it a hassle? I'm giving you five minutes. Flat. Yes, it WAS a medium/light offense. But you got a BAD attitude and I guess that means I should too. The Space Law book? It's not my bible. It's GUIDELINES. I'm not going to give you 20 minutes for vandalism, but I will go from 2 minutes for a medium/light offense to 4 or 5 if I think it's appropriate.

As for heads, I will STRAIGHT UP arrest the Captain, RD, HoP, CMO, CE, or (If I'm a basic officer and the HoS is doing illegal stuff) the HoS. No if's, and's or but's about it. I don't give a fuck what job you have, illegal is illegal. It's illegal for the Captain to just decide to have someone borged, sorry if it says otherwise in the wiki, but I'm not going to stand there and watch you borg the clown for being a clown, or the CMO for being drunk, or some shady guy for being shady. Not gonna happen. I will arrest you in a heartbeat, and then charge you with murder or attempted murder. Also, heads other than the HoP, Captain, and HoS are NOT security. They do not have the authority to arrest people or use weaponry on them. This does in fact include the CMO shooting someone up with sleep toxin, the CE stunprodding people, and the RD... Bombing people? Siccing borgs on people? Whatever the RD would do.

Admins, correct me if I'm wrong there. Security is not conditional. I HAVE arrested Captains, CMOs, CEs, and HoPs before. I would FULLY expect someone to arrest me in any head position if I misbehaved, and I HAVE been arrested as Captain, and HoP before. The arrest procedures are done in a specific manner for a reason, and bitching about them just makes me more likely to give you something to actually bitch about: Read: MORE BRIG TIME. You should only flee arrest if you're carrying traitor items/it was a capital offense/you think I'm a changeling.

Which brings me to another point: Lawyers do have brig access, but I will not allow lawyers brig access (That is, I will arrest them for trespassing) if they do not do as I say inside the brig. It's totally cool with me if you want to represent your client, it really is. I enjoy the RP there. But I WILL give you orders. "Please step back and stand by that wall, I have to do something." If you don't comply, then I will stop being polite and start stunning you. If YOU mess up at your job, you have to deal with getting stunned and thrown out of the brig somewhat unceremoniously. If I mess up, someone is going to push me down, take my gun, kill me, space me, and go on a rampage. I generally inform lawyers of this in game. Also, I don't tolerate you getting in my way when I'm transporting criminals/suspects to the brig. Anyone approaching me while I'm apprehending someone is a HUGE threat, so I reserve the right to stun you and leave you in the dust for the clowns.

All that said, it's a game. It's okay to take it seriously and be upset by it, but if you aren't having fun, leave. Go play something else. OR ADMINHELP IT. Bitching in OOC is just annoying, AGAINST THE RULES, and serves no purpose other than to fill the OOC with hate and anger. Also, it's a no-warning ban-able offense. I'm totally cool with an admin telling me, 'Hey, don't do that. Because I said so.' but arguing with me IC is not going to have the desired effect AT ALL.

Sigh. Sadly, I had to dump another rant on all of you, but there is often a reason we don't have a Captain or HoS, and it's because people try to bully them into playing their way. As a Captain or HoS, it's my way or the highway, and it HAS to be that way, or I might as well play a glorified assistant.

What the fuck? Why do people ghost the moment they are fucking arrested? Do they enjoy sitting around for the rest of the round instead of spending a few minutes in jail?

>.> Because they're sore losers? Some of my VERY BEST RP has been in the jail or permabrig, it's THEIR loss. Just leave them in there and forget them.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: May 15, 2013, 01:51:16 pm »

All of this could be condensed to "don't complain about shit in OOC".
Because really. Just don't.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: May 15, 2013, 01:52:57 pm »

Ow.

Time to crash the server?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: May 15, 2013, 01:54:26 pm »

fuck sake why would someone make the fucking IP public now we are going to have a massive flood of dicks
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: May 15, 2013, 01:58:40 pm »

We need admins!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: May 15, 2013, 02:04:05 pm »

Damn. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: May 15, 2013, 02:04:39 pm »

-snip-

Thank you. When security tells you to stop what it is you're doing, you stop right there. You spend that 5 fucking minutes in jail. We all get on with our lives. The end! Even if you're a traitor and/or you murdered or tried to murder someone in cold blood (capital offense), if you behave and ask for cyborgization, someone might even grant your request and you WON'T be shut out of the round locked up in prison or dead, even if you failed your objective. If you're caught red-handed and you don't see any way out of it (cough cough unless you're Axl Blyant or something), you might as well go with them and have your last laugh.

If you just get put in the brig for 5 minutes, stick with it. I'm sure Hans might be even willing to let traitors off lightly if they were caught early just because they're the antagonists, and they keep the round moving and interesting. That is their function.
Also often called Boowells.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: May 15, 2013, 02:07:46 pm »

The other day, I straight up LET WERTY GO, and he had a freaking EMAG. Yes. I knowingly and willingly let a traitor go free.

All of this could be condensed to "don't complain about shit in OOC".
Because really. Just don't.

And this. I cannot even begin to stress how important this is. Rage. IC in OOC straight up ruins rounds.
He's fucking with us.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: May 15, 2013, 02:08:40 pm »

Well... I've heard of this game, but never played it before. I'd say it's about time for me to give it a whirl. Anything I should especially know?
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: May 15, 2013, 02:09:44 pm »

Well... I've heard of this game, but never played it before. I'd say it's about time for me to give it a whirl. Anything I should especially know?
This might not be the right moment. Someone dropped the server IP on a public IRC thingie, and the server is being invaded right now.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: May 15, 2013, 02:10:54 pm »

This might not be the right moment. Someone dropped the server IP on a public IRC thingie, and the server is being invaded right now.
Is it one of those games where on most public servers, it's just a bunch of trolls?
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: May 15, 2013, 02:11:25 pm »

People just kinda suck sometimes don't they.  Why do people want to go to a different server just to ruin their fun? 
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1654