Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124514 times)

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5325 on: May 14, 2013, 04:43:10 pm »

How difficult is it to convert someone without flashing if you're the only member of a cult AKA can't tie them to a chair and ask them to 'co-operate'? 

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: May 14, 2013, 04:47:53 pm »

So if the target wanted, they could literally run away and broadcast to everyone that 'X is a madman asking me to join a cult'?  'Cause under circumstances like that, I can see why Flash is a preferred tactic :P

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: May 14, 2013, 04:50:02 pm »

The current discussion makes me really want to convert the cargo warehouse into a torture room. One chair, a lamp, and tables with surgical and industrial tools. Just like the one on the abandoned satellite.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: May 14, 2013, 04:51:38 pm »

The current discussion makes me really want to convert the cargo warehouse into a torture room. One chair, a lamp, and tables with surgical and industrial tools. Just like the one on the abandoned satellite.
Yeah, everyone's got appendicitis, right;)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: May 14, 2013, 04:53:07 pm »

Funny you should say that, the first time I was converted in cult, was when someone stunned me, dragged me to the warehouse, strapped me to a chair, and beat me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: May 14, 2013, 04:58:36 pm »

Actually, the chair in the abandoned satellite is an electric chair.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: May 14, 2013, 05:00:10 pm »

Actually, the chair in the abandoned satellite is an electric chair.
Last time I checked, electropacks are useless. Even dozens of signals produce minor burns on the wearer. Are electric chairs useless as well?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: May 14, 2013, 05:04:12 pm »

electropacks are a tool of torture and control, not a tool of murder. unless you drop a proximity/signaler assembly on an hallway, then you will be slowly frying the poor man.

I must do that a day...

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: May 14, 2013, 05:10:21 pm »

what if conversions (for cult/revolutions) wouldnt be instant with one flashing but instead more like how changelings eat people?
as in it would take a bit and a few flashes and maybe a restained person? (restrained, extends probosis-thingy... then stabs... then sucks..etc)
or the restained person could hammer "resist" to try to avoid getting converted and "damage" would lower the chance to resist convertion, so a person who tries to resist all the time would need some beatings to convert him? also buckeling the target to a bed/chair or restraining the target with handcuffs/straightjacket/drugs could lower the chance for him to resist.

well probably not realy a good idea for a bazillion reasons... but its a idea i got after reading the last few posts about "meh lolflashing and rp conversion".
probably restaining the target could be a problem... maybe wire cable coils could be improvised as handcuffs then? (maybe just useable as cult/rev ability?)
or multiple flashings coudl be a problem (eyes burn out?  flash burns out too quickly? well cult/rev heads could be able to use a flash "better to convert people" and get more uses out of one?)
oh well just throwing in random ideas...

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: May 14, 2013, 05:23:26 pm »

SERVER BACK UP, GET YA ASS ON BOARD!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: May 14, 2013, 05:26:00 pm »

electropacks are a tool of torture and control, not a tool of murder. unless you drop a proximity/signaler assembly on an hallway, then you will be slowly frying the poor man.

I must do that a day...

Hmm, assemblies... you can, IIRC, but two Remote Signallers together, right? So, set them both, and the electropack, on the same frequency, which might possibly loop the two signallers together into continuously activating each other and the electropack. Time for !!SCIENCE!! to be done.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: May 14, 2013, 05:47:05 pm »

It was cult. And yes, last time I played it stunning and kidnapping converts was acceptable. I wasn't really aware tht there was such unhappiness about it. I must have been out of the loop.

Just Kilakan, really. The Cult had DECIDED to RP conversions after reaching about 5-7 members, but we came upon Khan in the place we were making into a hideout, so we converted him real fast, and he OOC'd 'I hate the lack of RP' then said it IC/OOC ((It pisses me off that cults don't RP conversion.))

Which is funny, because his conversion was the first truly fitting to RP of any of them.
I had just joined the game to be honest, and had no idea it was your 'hide-out' in any sense of the word.   After you guys had accidentally bashed me with some paper, and had tomes in your hands I could very well have run through the secret doors I made and into space.  Instead I decided to talk to you and not scream crazies in the hidden bar.  I am fine with abducting people and all, and sorry I missed you rp'ing cult and shit, the hate on me is really not warranted hans.  I mean, theres no stumbling into your hide out, the runes were invisible and I was cornered....

And just so I don't seem like a total douche for bringing up sparse RP, you guys never even gave me a directive or order or even said a goal or shit afterwards.  I kinda waited a bit and you guys just kinda wandered away after converting me till I finally asked for a book... would rather have been a sacrifice at that point.  Hell I had no idea if there was any plans or if the goals were done.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:50:38 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: May 14, 2013, 07:31:37 pm »

Oh god, that was pretty damn scary even when compared to the welder. Some shots I got (Worms, mainly, since I've never seen them until now):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: May 14, 2013, 07:44:38 pm »

Aww, didn't get a photo of Mister Scary Skeleton? BLARGHLE BLURGH FLIMMITY FLAM
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: May 14, 2013, 08:26:41 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 1654