Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124529 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5310 on: May 14, 2013, 04:23:38 pm »

Let me just say this again, even if you don't think RP is all that called for... it's kinda scuzy lol'flashing people and shit..
Ask them?

TBH, most people get lolflashed because the cultists tend to worry about being exposed, rather than wanting to lolflash. They ask, the guy could say 'X asked me to join some weird cult...'. Lolflash? 'Welcome to the brotherhood.'

This. If we come upon you in our supposed safe place, we're going to lolflash the fuck out of you, your bitching be damned. That's FAR more RP than 'Hey, wanna join the suicide cult and not instead rat us out to security like any sane human would?' In reality, the cultists wouldn't BOTHER converting you in that situation, they'd cut you to pieces and soulstone your ass. So yeah, you're pissed we jumped you, but really, it was ENTIRELY RP WARRANTED. ESPECIALLY since I'd had my Tome out at the time.
Well looks like I missed some context.
Yeah that's justified.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: May 14, 2013, 04:24:09 pm »

Let me just say this again, even if you don't think RP is all that called for... it's kinda scuzy lol'flashing people and shit..
Ask them?

TBH, most people get lolflashed because the cultists tend to worry about being exposed, rather than wanting to lolflash. They ask, the guy could say 'X asked me to join some weird cult...'. Lolflash? 'Welcome to the brotherhood.'

This. If we come upon you in our supposed safe place, we're going to lolflash the fuck out of you, your bitching be damned. That's FAR more RP than 'Hey, wanna join the suicide cult and not instead rat us out to security like any sane human would?' In reality, the cultists wouldn't BOTHER converting you in that situation, they'd cut you to pieces and soulstone your ass. So yeah, you're pissed we jumped you, but really, it was ENTIRELY RP WARRANTED. ESPECIALLY since I'd had my Tome out at the time.
Well looks like I missed some context.
Yeah that's justified.

I edited out some of the hostility. Twas unwarranted. D:
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: May 14, 2013, 04:26:12 pm »

that can work... although it is harder than convincing people for a revolution. and you tend to carry very suspicious items...
I guess it is worth trying, but it is already VERY hard to convince people in rev rounds when the heads and security act like fascist dictators. I am afraid trying to get people interested in anything during a normal round may prove next to impossible.
Was this revolution or Cult?  The only time I've been turned in a cult round I was flashed, and everyone seemed to be fine with that :P

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: May 14, 2013, 04:27:49 pm »

It was cult. And yes, last time I played it stunning and kidnapping converts was acceptable. I wasn't really aware tht there was such unhappiness about it. I must have been out of the loop.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: May 14, 2013, 04:29:39 pm »

It was cult. And yes, last time I played it stunning and kidnapping converts was acceptable. I wasn't really aware tht there was such unhappiness about it. I must have been out of the loop.

Exactly the same as this, but it was my ONLY time as cult.  Same with revolution.  Just FLASH!  "So what do you think of the department heads?"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: May 14, 2013, 04:30:04 pm »

Just Kilakan, really. The Cult had DECIDED to RP conversions after reaching about 5-7 members, but we came upon Khan in the place we were making into a hideout, so we converted him real fast, and he OOC'd 'I hate the lack of RP' then said it IC/OOC ((It pisses me off that cults don't RP conversion.))

Which is funny, because his conversion was the first truly fitting to RP of any of them.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: May 14, 2013, 04:31:56 pm »

Out of curiosity, where was your hideout?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: May 14, 2013, 04:32:23 pm »

Cult to me doesn't require RP conversion, as you sort of have to go through a slightly more difficult process to convert than in revolution. Although honestly, at this point I'd rather have it so just flashing/converting people is fine. Covert flashing/converting would be okay, but for example flashing someone in the middle of the bar and expecting him to go with it would not. What do you guys think about this? Really, the main goal (At least I think) we should work towards a nice balance of both RP and Gameplay.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: May 14, 2013, 04:34:43 pm »

Cult to me doesn't require RP conversion, as you sort of have to go through a slightly more difficult process to convert than in revolution. Although honestly, at this point I'd rather have it so just flashing/converting people is fine. Covert flashing/converting would be okay, but for example flashing someone in the middle of the bar and expecting him to go with it would not. What do you guys think about this? Really, the main goal (At least I think) we should work towards a nice balance of both RP and Gameplay.
Well to avoid the Cult just flashing everyone instantly, I think they should need to try and convince them first (unless of course they're in your hide-out or whatever).  It's just a matter of that person potentially shouting out to the Heads, which would kind of ruin the fun. 

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: May 14, 2013, 04:35:12 pm »

I think stunning and converting in cult is acceptable, because seriously, what sane person would join a death cult? Although, before you do, if time is available, strap them to a chair, and give them a choice of the easy way, or the hard way. If they choose hard way, beat them and then convert.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: May 14, 2013, 04:35:40 pm »

This. Have you ever TRIED being a head Cult/Rev? It's fucking impossible to get someone to even say, "Well, I kinda disagree with something one of the heads said one time..." Unless they're ACTIVELY FLEEING SECURITY. When I 'lolflash' someone, I give them a tome, all the words I have, and some vague description of our plans. Frankly, it works MUCH better the lolflashing way than trying to RP convert and just never getting anywhere.

I think stunning and converting in cult is acceptable, because seriously, what sane person would join a death cult? Although, before you do, if time is available, strap them to a chair, and give them a choice of the easy way, or the hard way. If they choose hard way, beat them and then convert.

This, actually, too. Much cooler way. :P
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: May 14, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »

what sane person would join a death cult?
A person who didn't know it was a death cult.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: May 14, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »

Flashing for cult in a back room or tunnel is hazing in my mind. You're being brainwashed. You know, like cults do.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: May 14, 2013, 04:37:54 pm »

This. Have you ever TRIED being a head Cult/Rev? It's fucking impossible to get someone to even say, "Well, I kinda disagree with something one of the heads said one time..." Unless they're ACTIVELY FLEEING SECURITY. When I 'lolflash' someone, I give them a tome, all the words I have, and some vague description of our plans. Frankly, it works MUCH better the lolflashing way than trying to RP convert and just never getting anywhere.

This, actually, too. Much cooler way. :P

YES. We could kidnap and convert Liberal Crime Squad style  8)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: May 14, 2013, 04:38:19 pm »

I think if you gave them an initiation ceremony after flashing, if you have the time, it would cover the RP element nicely.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 1654