Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124542 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5265 on: May 14, 2013, 12:26:29 pm »

The MULEs are the easiest to hack, you even start with a multitool. Pulse wires until the loading bay clunks, cut that wire. If the drive motor whines, cut one of the wires.

Also, you don't HAVE to play captain as HoP if there isn't a captain.

On the other hand, if you have no idea what you're doing, hacking a MULE may result in... unpleasantness. Of the messy, fun kind. Which, of course, is of use to traitor, but been ages since I have seen it used like that.

Also, if you are quick, you can sprint for a coin and get Insulated Gloves. Which are THE accessory for hacking, rendering you invincible to shocks from wires.
You can order those too.

Yet another reason Cargo rules everything. Especially traitor or all-access Cargo. Aliens? Hostile operatives? Say hello to my little friend, riot shotgun. Need to hack something? Electrical Maintenance crate. Virologist wants to create a transhumanizing virus? Haul ass to as(s)teroid. Cargonia with enough access is more independent than the famously separatistic Atmosia.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: May 14, 2013, 12:32:59 pm »

The MULEs are the easiest to hack, you even start with a multitool. Pulse wires until the loading bay clunks, cut that wire. If the drive motor whines, cut one of the wires.

On the other hand, if you have no idea what you're doing, hacking a MULE may result in... unpleasantness. Of the messy, fun kind. Which, of course, is of use to traitor, but been ages since I have seen it used like that.

Also, if you are quick, you can sprint for a coin and get Insulated Gloves. Which are THE accessory for hacking, rendering you invincible to shocks from wires.
You can order those too.

Yet another reason Cargo rules everything. Especially traitor or all-access Cargo. Aliens? Hostile operatives? Say hello to my little friend, riot shotgun. Need to hack something? Electrical Maintenance crate. Virologist wants to create a transhumanizing virus? Haul ass to as(s)teroid. Cargonia with enough access is more independent than the famously separatistic Atmosia.
Except you need to get an emitter from Engineeria to open locked crates.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: May 14, 2013, 12:36:19 pm »

You do realize the book links to the wiki and does not, in itself, contain IC information, just like, say, Virology book, and it exists just for convenience of the players?

If anything, it can be interpreted IC-ly that what you can read there is an abridged version of the actual applicable Space Law rulings, because no-one would want/be able to write or read true-to-life Legalese.

Also, /tg/ is a mild RP server, we are a medium RP server, and, on the other side of the spectrum there's BS12, a heavy RP server. /tg/'s rules are that people are allowed to know how rounds work, and their characters magically are experts in alien biology and behavior, illegal technologies and classified covert organizations. Well, they are pretty inconsistent about that, IIRC the Chaplain should not know how Null Rod works (or did I mix wikis up again?), but the general rule is that meta is accepted except for metafriending and metagrudges (so, things like coordinating via Skype).

On UMcS, on the other hand, while many people are experts in Genetics, Atmospherics, Xenobiology, Military Tactics, Criminal Law and can play a mean guitar violin, which is hardly realistic but accepted and, on occasion, necessary, they are not allowed to know about antags, aside from vague rumors and, in Heads' case, existence (because they get a printout of possible threats).

This. Shouting, 'ERMAGERD [X] IS A CHANGELING!' Should not warrant security dogpiling X and cremating him, instead it should receive, "Uh, guys, someone is fuckin' crazy. What the fuck is a changeling?"

For example, in a changeling round, there should be a debriefing by the HoS to his (Probably nonexistent) squad about the Changelings and their abilities. Followed by the obligatory, "Er, boss, we're all changelings."
"Wat." *Stings. So many fucking stings*

Also, we need to have more heads that do the whole, "Orientation" at the start of the shift. Tis good practice.

I dont really care for what you are saying because you are advocating forced RP 'aka' on every ling round you gotta RP this to know that. Thats dumb, boring, and dumb. I'd much rather people just be somewhat familiar with things (because nanotransen trains you good, right???) than to force repetitive procedural RP

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: May 14, 2013, 12:39:20 pm »

(because nanotransen trains you good, right???)

Doh ho ho ho.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: May 14, 2013, 12:41:34 pm »

Soo... anyone else almost exclusively play on Role-Play Stations?(mainly Hypatia for me)

(because nanotransen trains you good, right???)

Doh ho ho ho.

Wait you mean those hallucigenics they give us don't help us in our work?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: May 14, 2013, 12:50:18 pm »

imho, nobody should know about lings except the captain, but only vaguely. Or mayby a bit more, but not further than the heads and mayby security.

E: Agh. Removed. But I'm too late.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:14:03 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: May 14, 2013, 01:06:00 pm »

imho, nobody should know about lings except the captain, but only vaguely. Or mayby a bit more, but not further than the heads and mayby security.

E: I just fucking love getting spaced. Next time I space somebody I'll use "it was an accident" as an excuse to not get a warning.

"Uhh... an accident? It looked like you pushed him"

"Nope! Just an accident"

"But-"

"Just an accident"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:23:14 pm by Iceblaster »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: May 14, 2013, 01:43:31 pm »

If the QM steals insulated gloves from the station instead of ordering his own, he should get spaced immediately.
This. FUCKING THIS.

You can order those too.

Except you need to get an emitter from Engineeria to open locked crates.
Or a shotgun loaded with the best shells. It takes a few to blow the crate open, but I've seen it work before. Or, given the usual population of UMcS, a quick illicit trip to the Captain's quarters. But honestly, the autolathe is easier to hack than MULEs. Only three responses and if you know what you're doing it takes maybe ten seconds from opening the panel to closing it. There's also, as mentioned, no danger of the autolathe flattening anyone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: May 14, 2013, 01:50:32 pm »

Yeah, but you can't shock yourself on the MULE's.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: May 14, 2013, 02:16:47 pm »

I took a look at the Telecomms scripts.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Code: [Select]
$content = replace($content, "a", "");
$content = replace($content, "e", "");
$content = replace($content, "i", "");
$content = replace($content, "o", "");
$content = replace($content, "u", "");
NO VOWELS FOR YOU!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: May 14, 2013, 02:17:24 pm »

I dont really care for what you are saying because you are advocating forced RP 'aka' on every ling round you gotta RP this to know that. Thats dumb, boring, and dumb. I'd much rather people just be somewhat familiar with things (because nanotransen trains you good, right???) than to force repetitive procedural RP

I don't quite understand that first part. o.O It's just like with traitor items... People shouldn't be like, "Hey, this door has been emagged!" ...? Which most people don't... We ALL KNOW what it is... I don't know. I'm not going to argue with an admin, especially when I have no concrete idea what exactly you're trying to say. I'm not saying you should force RP on anyone after the basic, 'Don't be meta, this is your character, this is your job. Go!' but I feel like it would add more character to some of the rounds. It wouldn't be stuff that happened every time...? Because not many people would want to.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: May 14, 2013, 02:25:09 pm »

Has anyone else just got a massive update?  BYOND may just be mad at me for quitting the game before it re-tried connecting to the server or something...

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: May 14, 2013, 02:28:27 pm »

server seems to have crashed. and at round start too, such a pity.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: May 14, 2013, 02:30:05 pm »

Welp that sucks. It's fun being a Private Dick.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: May 14, 2013, 02:30:19 pm »

Yeah, I was just about to set down for a 2 hour match before I went to bed :D  I'll leave it pinging in the background and bump you if I get in.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1654