Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124524 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5235 on: May 13, 2013, 02:32:02 pm »

Sssh, it'll be fine. It's not actually that big a deal to me anymore, I've dealt with it for a long time now. Worst case scenario, I don't get to play SS13 for 6ish months, and I'm a felon. Best case scenario, I'm on tonight. :P Let's not make it a big discussion, because I won't be here after this post anyways, and I'd hate to clutter the thread. :P Bye!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: May 13, 2013, 03:37:13 pm »

Best of luck to you, Hans. Being a felon is pretty rough, so hopefully you won't get that...

Nice work with the story, too. Nobody here writes epilogues :P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:47:32 pm by Jacob/Lee »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: May 13, 2013, 04:02:34 pm »

I hate to be anal, especially right now (the sentence, of course, indicates I will), but Syndicate is not a monolithic entity, but a group of loosely connected, sometimes conflicting, groups, which are united in their common animosity towards NanoTrasen.

In fact, if you play Nuke, the name of your employer is randomly generated corporation name from pre-set parts, which makes Nuke Ops more akin to DX:HR's Belltower, a strike team of corporate mercenaries, rather than the usual cloak-and-dagger approach of Syndicate.

Syndicate itself is a very diverse bunch, including rival megacorps, intelligence agencies, fundamentalist militas, environmentalists...

None of this is made up, it's all /tg/ fluff, and is in fact in the code as well.

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=The_Syndicate
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: May 13, 2013, 04:04:55 pm »

Hell I dunno if it still generates but the Captain used to get a print out of the various active, agressive groups names along with thier goals (which let you have some indication of what the antags were going for)
Nom nom nom

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: May 13, 2013, 06:20:54 pm »

I've been meaning to do this:

Spoiler: Epilogue (click to show/hide)

Now.

Spoiler: In Real Life Stuff (click to show/hide)
You, gifted storyteller, you. That was beautiful ;_; Loved the characterization and the twist, and, well, loved in first place playing the round together, as always.

Take care, and best of luck. I'll be waiting for you, whether you'll be back tonight or in six months. *hugs*

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: May 13, 2013, 07:54:31 pm »

I've been meaning to do this:

Spoiler: Epilogue (click to show/hide)

Now.

Spoiler: In Real Life Stuff (click to show/hide)

Hans, I haven't played SS13 with you for very long but that was just amazing.  Thanks for telling us, and don't let the prejudice of people affect you. 

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: May 13, 2013, 09:41:20 pm »

It was not the best day, and I didn't... Make it out unscathed, but I'm still here. Let's play some video games. :P

Also, I plan to write more epilogues for suitably RP filled rounds, as long as it doesn't bother anyone. And yes, I know the Syndicate isn't a monolith. :P I didn't mean to imply in story that it was, that was just Grigori's particular choice of word (And obligatory name-drop on my part) for the conspiracy to kill Hector.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: May 13, 2013, 09:42:23 pm »

Good to hear Hans!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: May 13, 2013, 09:58:24 pm »

*hugs for Hans*

What happened?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: May 13, 2013, 10:02:37 pm »

Sounds great Hans, epilogues are great for those special RP rounds.  Could someone clear me up on this, the Syndicate is a large corporation of various mercenary companies right?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: May 13, 2013, 10:07:57 pm »

Sounds great Hans, epilogues are great for those special RP rounds.  Could someone clear me up on this, the Syndicate is a large corporation of various mercenary companies right?

Yes, a loose coalition of corporations opposed to the rapid growth of NT, and their supremacy in space.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10:04 pm »

Great, Han! :D

Incidentally, that alien round was great. As was the one where I ended up as Acting Captain/traitor despite being a total newbie and somehow managed to not fuck it up as the station fell apart into chaos and many attempted murders. And I got spaced without a suit and survived. :3

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: May 13, 2013, 10:47:27 pm »

Yes, a loose coalition of corporations opposed to the rapid growth of NT, and their supremacy in space.
But still, keep in mind they're not a known coalition of corporations. They're very discreet, so don't use it as an excuse to know about the syndicate.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: May 13, 2013, 11:22:46 pm »

*hugs for Hans*

What happened?

PM me if you want to know, but we aren't bringing it into the thread. That is all I will say in thread.
He's fucking with us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: May 14, 2013, 01:06:35 am »

But still, keep in mind they're not a known coalition of corporations. They're very discreet, so don't use it as an excuse to know about the syndicate.
One does not simply know about the Syndicate.

Also, since Hans is back, I take back my previous statement.
HHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great to hear.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 1654