Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124680 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5160 on: May 11, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »

Do you make sure to open lockers?  :P
Yes actually I've been shoved in a locker dead or otherwise enough times that I habitually check most lockers that I pass... especially ones in odd places that appear to have moved.
Nom nom nom

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: May 11, 2013, 10:01:11 pm »

Isn't bitching about it in deadchat pretty meta too since dead people may be cloned?

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: May 11, 2013, 10:10:51 pm »

Isn't bitching about it in deadchat pretty meta too since dead people may be cloned?
You're not supposed to remember deadchat, so it doesn't matter. In theory.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: May 11, 2013, 10:15:05 pm »

You're not supposed to remember deadchat, so it doesn't matter. In theory.
You aren't supposed to know OOC chat either though. Although deadchat is much less immersion killing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: May 11, 2013, 10:28:19 pm »

There's nothing wrong with bitching in dead chat. Nobody who's playing is going to hear you, and if they do it's because the ancient code where under particular, really hard-to-achieve circumstances and with a helping of RNG luck players can actually hear ghosts kicked in, so it's "allowed" anyway. And if you're going to IC remember what happened when you were dead and observing when you come back alive, that's against the rules anyway.
Nothing important here, move along.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: May 11, 2013, 11:14:11 pm »

As stated above, don't reveal antags or any important in-game information through OOC. Frankly, if I was on at the time and not in an absolutely amazing mood, I probably would of handed out some kind of short ban towards anyone who deliberately did that because they were angry.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: May 11, 2013, 11:27:51 pm »

Random question, I am trying to locally host a server to play around with, test some things out and maybe take a look at the code. I've downloaded the UMcS-master.zip from the Github link, but when I try to compile it, it fails because of some errors. Is there something else I should be downloading and compiling instead? I have an older version of the tg-station master, and that compiles just fine. I wondering if it's something stupid that I'm doing wrong, any help?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: May 11, 2013, 11:35:55 pm »

Random question, I am trying to locally host a server to play around with, test some things out and maybe take a look at the code. I've downloaded the UMcS-master.zip from the Github link, but when I try to compile it, it fails because of some errors. Is there something else I should be downloading and compiling instead? I have an older version of the tg-station master, and that compiles just fine. I wondering if it's something stupid that I'm doing wrong, any help?

What're the errors? I run the current UMcS build constantly, so I might be able to help with anything.

EDIT: Murmur, the problem is that the version on there hasn't merged our map with /tg/'s yet. Download it from here: https://github.com/Glloyd/UMcS. It should work then.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:43:51 pm by Glloyd »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: May 11, 2013, 11:36:43 pm »

When you reset the brig cell timer to ten minutes four times, you know you're talking a lot.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: May 12, 2013, 01:49:26 am »

Weird bug. I looked at someone to change their arrest status. But the prompt wouldn't go away even if I hit cancel or a different status, it just reopened. I couldn't drag or grab anybody, or activate the brig. Got me killed by a ling while I was futzing trying to get it to go away. ((Rude to use ooc cooperation to get me alone bro. Otherwise you woulda went in there stunned and been actually brigged))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: May 12, 2013, 02:09:32 am »

Great Traitor round by yours truly.

Blah blah blah round start. I am the chef, and I am the traitor. I have to kill the CMO, and escape. So, I do some chef things to make sure I don't look suspicious, but pick up a parapen, a emag, and a cloak. So I start wandering around, looking for the CMO. He spends the first 1/4 of the game active, and the rest braindead in his office. But I did not know that. So I get into a fight with the clown, ending with him being turned into a monkey, and then harvested for meat and made into burgers. BUT THEN, HE COMES BACK... AS A CORGI! We spend a good bit running around and kicking him to death. And we eat him too. By then, about half of the station, including my T buddy, Axl, who had to kill me, were braindead. So I go around looking for people to kill, and I stumble upon Axl, the Geneticist, and someone else. I kill them, and take there ID's. At this point, I'm thinking, I have to lure the CMO out, since he is hiding in his office. But medical is completely busted open, so I go in and check. He is braindead behind his desk. I pull him out and beat him to death. Then, I am considering was of getting the shuttle called, when the HoS comes to investigate. She found apron fibers on secure storage, where I had emaged into. So I end up running off and hiding, and remove all my ID's and T equipment and hide them, in medical. So I go and turn myself in, and as Kaitol described, she glitched out. I did not use the glitch, I just ran out before you locked me in, I thought you were about to, and parapenned you. Beat Kaitol, the Hos, to death, then disguised myself as her and called the shuttle and escaped on the sec pod. Game.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: May 12, 2013, 02:17:56 am »

That was a fucking brilliant round, everyone. You're all awesome. That was some fun gameplay and a lot of good RP. Highlights:

First there was the part where, because of constant power outages, I brought the spare mining lanterns down to medbay and the bar. The clown was, predictably, being a prat. So Alina, Werty, and I captured him, stripped him, turned him into a monkey, and ate him, though he ended up leading Werty on a long chase around the kitchen. This proved to be a pale shadow of what was to come.

Spoiler: The taste of victory. (click to show/hide)

Anyhow, the claawn came back as a corgi. Being QM, I normally love corgis, but not when they're scattering food all over the place. This, predictably, ended up as a true Benny Hill chase; most of the crew running up and down the hall outside medbay trying to catch him. In the process, I took one of the syringes from Alina's dart gun, and so we had a(n ultimately false) medical emergency while the others caught and cooked the clowngi.

A bit later, space vines showed up. I ended up getting trapped in the containment zone, but Alina heard me and broken the barrier. I frantically ran around cutting the vines back with my circular saw while she cooked up some metallic foam. This was, incidentally, the only round of the night where I wasn't carrying around an RCD "just in case". Alina foamed the vines just short of medbay and a little later the HoS (who had been on the other side of the station) showed up with herbicide grenades ordered from Cargo at about the same time I was thinking of hacking through maintenance doors to get around the barriers.

Anyhow, later, space carp show up and I have a little incident in my office that resulted in more food. Not too long after this, though, there was a period of time where the HoS was cuffing everyone but me while I was unloading lots of goodies. I got bored and broke into the Captain's quarters via the most roundabout route possible, starting with the HoP's office, smashing lights as I went. When I got in there, the nuke disc was still present, so I snatched the energy gun and booked it. I was informed later that a traitor was hiding in a locker on bridge when I went through it.

So, shuttle gets called, and I run for it, dragging my hardsuit behind me, backpack full of door-busting gear, energy gun, RCD, cleaner grenades, etc. I pass the bartender (who I didn't entirely trust, as I'd caught him fiddling with my [already hacked] autolathe when the power outages had jammed the front door to cargo office open) and grab his shotgun, tossing it into the medbay secretary's area as I pass. He (Sean) and Alina call over the radio for me to get the doors for them, as they're both cuffed. I run back, open the doors, and we book it for Escape. I'm planning on asking them up front if they're traitors, and offering to just leave peacefully with them, when we get there. Naturally a carp is right outside the window. I shoot it twice and it downs me before I can switch to my saw. Alina downs it with her dart gun and they drag me off to medbay, where they manage to get their cuffs off. They're trying to stabilize me, but IDK (not enough supplies, maybe?).

I bleed out near the chemist's door with around 30 seconds till the shuttle docks. Alina and Sean drag my corpse (though they still think I'm alive) to the shuttle, and the bridge traitor (Werty) goes for an escape pod. When the shuttle arrives at Centcomm, they realize I'm dead, and this happens:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tears. That was beautiful.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: May 12, 2013, 02:42:18 am »

I found the hugging between Sean and Alina at the end to be adorable. I spent most of that round cooking up stuff to inject into Pun Pun, it took fifteen doses Polytrinic Acid to kill the thing. And the HoS wasn't cuffing everyone, it was Beepsky who, for some reason, regarded me and Sean as criminals.

I have no idea what happened with the clown. I stabbed it with a syringe full of mutagen, so that may explain the whole corgi/monkey thing.

We failed to stabilize because Sean was cuffed the entire time and I was still learning chemistry, so I could only force feed you pills and hope they worked.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:44:52 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: May 12, 2013, 04:21:58 am »

Corgi is obviously admin fuckery.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: May 12, 2013, 05:28:57 am »

@Eagle_eye (could not respond earlier, Internet died):

He jumped into the scanner out of his own goddamn volition, and once in, told me to back his SE up, which I did; all I did was toggling the bolts and telling him to ask nicely if he wants to get out.

If you count bolting him in there for a couple of seconds as harm, then you FUCKING BROKE YOUR LAWS less than five minutes later by bolting me in a room with no means of escaping aside from smashing the windows in. So hypocrisy much?

If you agree with me that it was not harm, then you bolted me in a room for no goddamn reason.

You also tried to order the crew around as Asimov AI, been coercive towards the cyborg and wanted to cut off my comms. And this was the second time you were trying shit like this, since you played like that a day before.

---
BTW, Asimov law 1 is practically impossible to follow ('through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm'), because if there are two simultaneous problems, you are facing a Morton's Fork - either one or the other instance of harm will happen, you cannot be everywhere.

Also, sorry for dropping out as Cultist yesterday, but like I said, Internet decided to die horribly, probably on ISP-side since I spent two hours with the router's settings to no avail.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1654