Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124966 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #5010 on: May 09, 2013, 12:25:07 am »

I personally imagine that the space suits and hardsuits are the most expensive things on the station bar the handful of high-value items like the hypospray and magboots, so NanoTransen does everything in its power short of forbidding them to the people who absolutely need them to do their jobs (shaft miners and engineers) and keeping an extra few on the station just in case.

It's also probably why there's no medkits anywhere. I mean, seriously, it's to the point where having a fully-loaded medkit as a traitor item would probably be a useful thing.
Nothing important here, move along.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: May 09, 2013, 12:29:00 am »

... There's a full medkit in Cargo, the Bridge, a variety in Medbay storage, probably half a dozen O2 Deprivation kits in emergency lockers around the station, the little bit of supplies in the Rec Room, and the Chaplain's bible. Also, the Cargo bay can order INFINITE medkits. :P

Seriously, I guess I'm not getting through here. The fucking space suits are a nigh-forbidden item, in fucking space. Am I insane for thinking that is utter idiocy...? Like, seriously, I cannot comprehend how anyone could put any form of logic to that, expense or not. o.O
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: May 09, 2013, 12:33:30 am »

The space suits are irreplaceable. The only people that can order more are traitors. That said, they are needed to preserve lives by anyone working outside or inside when the outside gets in.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: May 09, 2013, 12:37:55 am »

Well, anyone on the station who actually has a reason to go out into space already has a suit of their own. It's pretty obvious that NT didn't exactly design the station to be resilient to getting blown up as frequently as it does.

The server REALLY needs an update. A lot of stuff has been added/changed since. Mainly those fancy maintenance tunnels. Also, stamps now show a big colorful picture on the stamped documents instead of some stupid italic text. What else... Too much stuff to list here frankly.
Playing cards, new traitor objectives, police/engineering tape, medals in the Captain's office, plus that new bonus suit storage you just added.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:40:41 am by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: May 09, 2013, 12:41:35 am »

That's three general-purpose medkits outside of medbay that are available from the start of the round, none of which are directly accessible by more than a few people, and the one supply available to everyone, the stuff in the Rec Room, is usually used up within the first half hour of a round if not sooner. Oxygen deprivation medkits are practically useless for any other emergency, and are practically useless for the emergency they're designed to deal with in the first place, since CPR works for treating oxygen deprivation and once a person is out of critical oxygen deprivation heals on its own.

Also, yes, not having spacesuits for everyone sucks, but IC it does keep people from being able to screw around outside the station, where it becomes a lot harder to spot them. It would make them have to, gasp, put cameras outside so that the AI and security could see out there!
Nothing important here, move along.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: May 09, 2013, 12:45:25 am »

... There's a full medkit in Cargo, the Bridge, a variety in Medbay storage, probably half a dozen O2 Deprivation kits in emergency lockers around the station, the little bit of supplies in the Rec Room, and the Chaplain's bible. Also, the Cargo bay can order INFINITE medkits. :P

Seriously, I guess I'm not getting through here. The fucking space suits are a nigh-forbidden item, in fucking space. Am I insane for thinking that is utter idiocy...? Like, seriously, I cannot comprehend how anyone could put any form of logic to that, expense or not. o.O

THERE IS A REASON EVA IS ONE OF 3 LOCATIONS WITH AN AI MOTION SENSOR. IT HOLDS SOME OF THE MOST VALUABLE EQUIPMENT ON THE STATION.

• Jetpacks
  • RCD
  • Magboots
  • SPACE SUITS. WHICH ARE RARE. THAT'S WHY ONLY FOUR WERE ISSUED FOR A CREW OF 82. USED ONLY IN EXTREME EMERGENCIES.
  • Important tools and materials. Including plasteel. Which is quite expensive for NT to make

If anything, EVA is ludicrously underdefended. Considering you break two windows and you're in. I've done it even as a clown.

The server REALLY needs an update. A lot of stuff has been added/changed since. Mainly those fancy maintenance tunnels. Also, stamps now show a big colorful picture on the stamped documents instead of some stupid italic text. What else... Too much stuff to list here frankly.
Playing cards, new traitor objectives, police/engineering tape, medals in the Captain's office, plus that new bonus suit storage you just added.

Indeed. Also some minor map fixes and a slew of nearly unnoticable /tg/ code changes. Plus some poll stuff KG added.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: May 09, 2013, 01:14:04 am »

Sorry about that crappy round. First time traitoring, so I couldn't figure out how to call the shuttle.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: May 09, 2013, 02:28:14 am »

And I profess I am rather experienced with being an AI. We could definitely try that if there's enough people.

Same here. Rabid, USEC, and I could do this quite well. It would be horrifying.
What about me? Although the way I play BOOZE only really works with Asimov.

Also, imho, everything that has to be bolted starts the round bolted. Unless special circumstances etc.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:37:08 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Inscribed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: May 09, 2013, 04:18:11 am »

Some actual rules on what constitutes high secure areas that may be bolted would be nice. The list I once operated under, after guidance, was appearantly totally wrong and I should have been banned for life for trying to follow the wiki. Ok, a little over the top, but this 'bolted or not' conflict pops up alot, and often gets kinda heated.

For the record, the list I was given once was; EVA, Teleporter, AI Upload, Engineering Secure Storage, and Tech Storage. I cannot find it on the wiki, though, so I assume it was someone elses understanding of high secure areas. These days, I bolt a little more randomly, 'cause people keep yelling different things about it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: May 09, 2013, 04:39:54 am »

I dunno. I seldomly bolt anything. People with acces deserve to go in anyway, and it's not that much harder to hack a bolted door then a normal one.

Note, when bolting stuff, disable the lights. Keeps people from complaining about it.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: May 09, 2013, 05:33:12 am »

Hey I have always been interested in joining SS13 am I ok to join you lot ? Is the server public or just for bay12 ?

Just wondering how long do games normally last for ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: May 09, 2013, 05:44:19 am »

Hey I have always been interested in joining SS13 am I ok to join you lot ? Is the server public or just for bay12 ?

A normal round is anywhere from 1 to 3 hours, and every B12er is welcome.

E: I love outsmarting admins. The only way to kill an admin is to use their own weapons against them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:49:02 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: May 09, 2013, 09:16:57 am »

Yep, we'd gladly welcome a new player. We're a semi private server, meaning that we don't advertise outside of Bay 12, but we won't turn outsiders away who stumble upon it. Check the OP for a link to the wiki. The guides there a great, and pretty much applicable for our server. And when you do log on, let people know OOC and IC that you're new. They'll help you out. Unless you're a clown. (Don't be a clown).

Rounds usually last from 1-3 hours, but of course, there are always exceptions. Meaning that there is no cap on round length. Don't worry about that that though. By three hours in, there's typically not much left of the station.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:19:46 am by Glloyd »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: May 09, 2013, 09:38:13 am »

By three hours in, there's typically not much left of the station.
If there is though, either something is happening or we're busy blowing it up.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: May 09, 2013, 09:42:38 am »

Gridrick, please don't ever play security again. You should ask questions before you bucklecuff people to a bed.

E: He actually straightjacketed me and permabrigged me for pushing him once and hacking my botany vendors to sell more stuff. He declared me a "lunatic".

He sure knows how to make rounds fun for people.

E2: And yes, I sent an admin a PM.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:08:49 am by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 1654