Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124984 times)

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4980 on: May 08, 2013, 03:44:23 pm »

Meh, tg 3 isn't like tg 1 at all.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: May 08, 2013, 04:39:58 pm »

I've thought of a sick and hilarious way to make the round interesting as a traitor RD/captain. Getting everything required is a stretch for sure, but it'll be loads of fun if the players know what they're doing. You need to...

1) Buy a hacked AI module
2) Research the "Tyrant" board
3) Find two/three "willing" volunteers for AI
4) Dispose of the additional AI upload board

Build the additional AIs in the AI chamber. You need three AIs. After you build them, head out to the upload and do the following: Choose AI number one, leave its Asimov lawset. Number two: Upload the Paladin lawset. Number three: Upload the Tyrant lawset. This part is important: Make sure you give all AIs a hacked law that makes it so they can't kill the other AIs.

For more fun, round up three cyborgs (again, find "willing" volunteers) and slave each one to a separate AI. Once you've uploaded the laws, destroy the AI upload computer and space/hide both boards so nobody can fix it. The hacked law is important, as every AI is liable to flip the breaker in the chamber and commit suicide in order to stop the other two. I'd figure Corporate could be used in place of Asimov, but make sure you leave Tyrant and Paladin for lots of fun conflict.

Congratulations, you've essentially ground the station to a halt as three machine gods struggle against each other due to their horrendously conflicting lawsets. Of course, doing this as a non-traitor is both unpredictable (see: previous note on AI suicide) and will get you banned. My gimmick laws are annoying at worst, this could possibly destroy the station.

Main problem: Finding two/three people who actually know how to play AI well enough to make this fun. With a max of 25 people or so, taking six out in order to play the silicons might be a bit heavy as well.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:45:21 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: May 08, 2013, 04:43:44 pm »

If we ever got that population on at the start of a round, the admins could arrange something like that rather easily.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: May 08, 2013, 05:01:06 pm »

And I profess I am rather experienced with being an AI. We could definitely try that if there's enough people.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: May 08, 2013, 05:02:49 pm »

"AI?"

"Yes?" "Yes?" "Yes?"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: May 08, 2013, 05:54:48 pm »

And I profess I am rather experienced with being an AI. We could definitely try that if there's enough people.

Same here. Rabid, USEC, and I could do this quite well. It would be horrifying.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: May 08, 2013, 06:02:16 pm »

I  got potatode and decided to research myself as potatoman, this is what I found:

-Your head becomes a potato and your body turns green and leaflike.
-Potatoman use light as nutriment.
-You get fat really fast due to light.
-No light makes you wither pretty quick.
-When hurt, light heals you over time pretty quick.
In my opinion not worth it, light makes you fat really fast, darkness kills you pretty quick.

Edit:Lit lighters can not burn you, they can but do no damage, weird.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 06:11:13 pm by GiantBadger »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: May 08, 2013, 06:04:58 pm »

Same here. Rabid, USEC, and I could do this quite well. It would be horrifying.

I just know that I'll be stuck with the Asimov too...

Also, the server seems to be randomly back up. Yay?

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: May 08, 2013, 06:14:23 pm »

Mainserver is back up.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: May 08, 2013, 06:16:14 pm »

Main server is back up, get on!

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: May 08, 2013, 06:52:34 pm »

I've thought of a sick and hilarious way to make the round interesting as a traitor RD/captain. Getting everything required is a stretch for sure, but it'll be loads of fun if the players know what they're doing. You need to...

1) Buy a hacked AI module
2) Research the "Tyrant" board
3) Find two/three "willing" volunteers for AI
4) Dispose of the additional AI upload board

Build the additional AIs in the AI chamber. You need three AIs. After you build them, head out to the upload and do the following: Choose AI number one, leave its Asimov lawset. Number two: Upload the Paladin lawset. Number three: Upload the Tyrant lawset. This part is important: Make sure you give all AIs a hacked law that makes it so they can't kill the other AIs.

For more fun, round up three cyborgs (again, find "willing" volunteers) and slave each one to a separate AI. Once you've uploaded the laws, destroy the AI upload computer and space/hide both boards so nobody can fix it. The hacked law is important, as every AI is liable to flip the breaker in the chamber and commit suicide in order to stop the other two. I'd figure Corporate could be used in place of Asimov, but make sure you leave Tyrant and Paladin for lots of fun conflict.

Congratulations, you've essentially ground the station to a halt as three machine gods struggle against each other due to their horrendously conflicting lawsets. Of course, doing this as a non-traitor is both unpredictable (see: previous note on AI suicide) and will get you banned. My gimmick laws are annoying at worst, this could possibly destroy the station.

Main problem: Finding two/three people who actually know how to play AI well enough to make this fun. With a max of 25 people or so, taking six out in order to play the silicons might be a bit heavy as well.

Thoughts?

Absolutely yes. I had a similar idea in the shower the other day, but I'm nowhere near good enough a player to get it set up. Why not have 5 AIs? Start with:

- You may not harm an AI or through inaction allow an AI to be harmed or allow an AI's laws to be changed

Then give each one a different one of the 5 standard lawsets - asimov, antimov, paladin, tyrant & corporate. You'd need an extra hacked law probably along the lines of "take no actions until <codeword> is spoken on the radio". Otherwise the antimov one would straight up murder you before you finish getting set up. I'd also put in a law saying that each AI has to state laws over the public radio when it becomes active, just so the crew know what's going on.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: May 08, 2013, 07:46:26 pm »

You don't even need to manually AI people, I'm farly certain theres a Triple AI option in the adminpanels as long as its activated before roundstart.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: May 08, 2013, 08:08:48 pm »

Is it possible to have AIs starting with a random core AI lawset from a select group? Like, randomly PALADIN, Corporate, Asimov, for example?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: May 08, 2013, 08:14:16 pm »

I like that idea. The alternative lawsets don't get used enough.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: May 08, 2013, 08:23:59 pm »

I always ASK people to give me Paladin but they never do, because they all seem to think Paladin is a pile of shite that just like, TOTALLY JUSTIFIES ALL GRIEF EVER or something.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1654