Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125153 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4920 on: May 07, 2013, 09:06:00 am »

EDIT: Whoops, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:41:12 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: May 07, 2013, 09:16:04 am »

Just a heads-up: I sent a pull request to change the odds of gamemodes in Secret. If we do get to 15 or even fabled 20 people online, the gamemodes requiring these populations will be much more likely than Traitor.

If we manage to consistently get high enough populations, it can be changed without any trouble at all; You don't even need any coding expertise at all, it's just a matter of increasing or decreasing some numbers.

Yeah, there's a section in game_options.txt

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We could probably just reweight traitor to the least likely to be picked and the 20-person gamemodes to be the likeliest.

Uhm, I know that. I sent a pull request with doing just that 4-5 hours ago. Although Nuke is still low (on par with the Traitor), given how polarizing it is.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: May 07, 2013, 09:48:21 am »

I just reaaaly want to play nuke :(

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: May 07, 2013, 09:54:53 am »

Nuke is just Traitor with 4 Traitors murdering the shit out of anyone who stands in their way, or being stealthy fuckers and making the round last forever. So pretty much Traitor with 4 Traitors. Except you get some free gear and lose job access.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: May 07, 2013, 10:03:52 am »

All alone on the server....
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: May 07, 2013, 10:07:58 am »

All alone on the server....

You know, an empty server has a great deal of inertia - its emptiness makes people join and go away because sitting on the station all alone feels pointless. So, it's probably a good idea to sit around logged on just to pretend it is not totally empty :P

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: May 07, 2013, 10:09:57 am »

Break into places and blow up shit.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: May 07, 2013, 10:16:55 am »

Vote sandbox.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: May 07, 2013, 10:22:08 am »

Eh I just figure out what happened during the round that everyone left, then call the shuttle and leave.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: May 07, 2013, 10:31:25 am »

Nuke is just Traitor with 4 Traitors murdering the shit out of anyone who stands in their way, or being stealthy fuckers and making the round last forever. So pretty much Traitor with 4 Traitors. Except you get some free gear and lose job access.

Nuke is just so focused around robusting and widespread carnage that I really can't see it working out very well on smaller servers, especially with rules of meta implemented. I could see Nuke being fun to play on Goonstation and other servers, but that's because the crew is allowed to immediately respond. Moreover, security is a far more popular role on other servers just for the power advantage it has, so it's not like the nuclear operatives go unhindered as they often do here. Meta allows the operatives to set up power sinks and cause widespread chaos without the crew being able to do a damn thing about it unless the captain or security get the crew to help, or the operatives get discovered really early on (which isn't that useful because again meta).

It's really not as fun as it sounds unless you actually go security or take head roles with the possible expectation that it's going to be nuke (which is sort of meta in and of itself, so...)
Also often called Boowells.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: May 07, 2013, 10:37:38 am »

I love logging on to an empty server with the power out and holes everywhere. I have fun fixing it back up, although I usually get eaten by carp or spiders or something. 

I think we need to be a little more proactive in conscripting people to be security.  If we don't have enough sec, the heads should be given guns and instructed to patrol every so often or something.  I think with 15-20 people, you really need 3-4 sec at least, and if people are splitting their time between sec and something else, it might require 6 part time sec.  That gives the captain, HOS, CE, HOP, RD, and CMO.  If all those people were armed, you could have most areas covered, and hopefully have someone actually ready to respond if something happens. I left out the QM, because giving him 1 gun is the same as giving him infinite guns.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: May 07, 2013, 10:48:15 am »

I love logging on to an empty server with the power out and holes everywhere. I have fun fixing it back up, although I usually get eaten by carp or spiders or something. 

I think we need to be a little more proactive in conscripting people to be security.  If we don't have enough sec, the heads should be given guns and instructed to patrol every so often or something.  I think with 15-20 people, you really need 3-4 sec at least, and if people are splitting their time between sec and something else, it might require 6 part time sec.  That gives the captain, HOS, CE, HOP, RD, and CMO.  If all those people were armed, you could have most areas covered, and hopefully have someone actually ready to respond if something happens. I left out the QM, because giving him 1 gun is the same as giving him infinite guns.

Infinite guns, infinite grenades, infinite armor, infinite health kits, infinite building materials. Quartermaster is god.

This. I do not find it nearly as exciting as everyone else does, apparently. Traitorchan is a MUCH better gamemode, as is Cult, and Rev.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: May 07, 2013, 11:17:36 am »

Yeah, I don't get the draw of nuke, especially with the bare minimum amount of people. It's either well armed antags murderizing everyone, or sneaky antags blowing up the station before you know anything is happening.  I prefer the intrigue of modes where some of the normal crew have a secret role, rather than nuke and wizard (and aliums), where the antags aren't even part of the crew.

Well, the QM already has infinite health kits and building materials even without a gun, but with a gun they have everything.  Then again, if the QM is an antag, they already have access anyway...

I think it'd be nice if you had to have the proper stamp to even have the high security crates sent.  That way, at least the antag QM has to steal the HoS or captain's stamp before he can go and order guns and ammo.  Plus those stamps get like zero use currently.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: May 07, 2013, 11:20:15 am »

Special Ops crates need no card or stamp, and they have parapens in them. Parapens are the best weapon in the game. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: May 07, 2013, 11:21:44 am »

I am personally terrified of all game modes but traitor.  What was that sandbox someone mentioned?
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1654