Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125376 times)

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4890 on: May 06, 2013, 04:00:43 pm »

Well I've read a bunch of the wiki...now to try to download, install, and run the game!  Then play as observer to see what's up.

Edit:  I appear to be incompetent.  Could someone direct me to the download link?  As in the ACTUAL link, not just the site that hosts it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:06:02 pm by b_knight286 »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: May 06, 2013, 04:08:08 pm »

go to byond, get and install byond and then connect to the server.  No game installation required.
Nom nom nom

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: May 06, 2013, 04:09:21 pm »

go to byond, get and install byond and then connect to the server.  No game installation required.

Thank you!  Though you have failed to provide links, I shall turn to the almighty Google!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: May 06, 2013, 04:11:29 pm »

This may clear up some of that confusion.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: May 06, 2013, 04:36:30 pm »

pirates are fun.
I do love how the HoS says "well pay them", never douse AND they attack.
then medbays is useless.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: May 06, 2013, 04:51:21 pm »

FUCK
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: May 06, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »

Okay, so apparently you need the intellicard in your hands when you escape. Either way, I count that as a win for escaping alone and grabbing the AI.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: May 06, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »

Note to self: from now on, never ever choose security as a module. It is the worst module and the least fun way to play Cyborg. :(

Wha- Explain, please. I've had a lot of fun as a sec borg.

You have no capabilities other than arrest and beat people up. Your only functions are to arrest and beat people up. Sure, it's REALLY damn good at that (to the point where I almost stopped 5 cult members in the brig until a juggernaut came and tore my ass up), but you can do literally nothing else. You're going to be moving around a lot, so you can't do very much RP. Medical/service cyborgs do gimmicks far better. Engineering has a far greater function. Mining is...well, I don't play very much shaft miner anyway.

Hell, when emagged, medical/janitorial/service are far far more interesting than security. Security just gets lasers. Sure, your kill potential is ludicrously high, but mindless killing isn't fun. Lube spray. Polyacid spray. INFINITE CHLORAL BEER. THAT'S FUN.

Also, then you realize that you can have Security Records open and accessible from any part of the station exactly like the AI can, then you disable Beepsky's patrol and drag him along side you for double the robust with none of the sucky secborginess since you can easily turn intent to harm and block their path until Beepsky nabs 'em. It makes for an epic win when you set your transfer amount in your chloral beer to 30 or so, set Beepsky to arrest your target right as you walk past. He arrests and cuffs 'em and you stuff chloral beer down their throat in an instant. Dead. Drag 'em through maintenance to one of the toilet sections, then regenerate your chloral beer in the cyborg recharging stations. Stuff more down their throat. Alternatively, drag them out onto solars. Silent victory.
Also often called Boowells.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: May 06, 2013, 05:10:30 pm »

-snip-

Yeah, alright, I can see where you're coming from. Make sense, even if I don't entirely agree with you.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: May 06, 2013, 05:24:31 pm »

Good news everyone! I've learned how to do something useful for once! I learned how to set up the singularity and the solars! I hosted my own little server, set everything up, and then left for work with the server still running. When I came home the power was still on and the singularity was still contained!
Did you log out of the server when you left for work? From brief experiments it seems to pause when no one is logged in.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: May 06, 2013, 08:26:01 pm »

Okay, so apparently you need the intellicard in your hands when you escape. Either way, I count that as a win for escaping alone and grabbing the AI.

Pretty sure I got greentext with it in my backpack later on. Or my pockets or something. I'm sure I didn't have it in my hands cause I didn't want to drop it if anyone tried to stun me.

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: May 06, 2013, 08:26:45 pm »

Good news everyone! I've learned how to do something useful for once! I learned how to set up the singularity and the solars! I hosted my own little server, set everything up, and then left for work with the server still running. When I came home the power was still on and the singularity was still contained!
Did you log out of the server when you left for work? From brief experiments it seems to pause when no one is logged in.

Ah yes I did. That would explain why things went so well. I was expecting to come back and see the station destroyed. Was slightly disappointed that it was not. But regardless, I still learned how to get things set up. So it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: May 06, 2013, 08:36:19 pm »

Pretty sure I got greentext with it in my backpack later on. Or my pockets or something. I'm sure I didn't have it in my hands cause I didn't want to drop it if anyone tried to stun me.
I think the problem was that I stuffed it into a box, then put the box into my backpack. I was wondering why the AI was calling me a moron as I gloated...
Welcome to Reality.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: May 06, 2013, 09:03:47 pm »

Oh, God. I horribly mutilated the bartender's genitalia beyond all recognition in a horrifying hydroponics sex change operation. CAN THIS DAY GO ANY BETTER?
Also often called Boowells.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: May 06, 2013, 09:05:18 pm »

Benjamin Mueller stammers, "HE F-FUK-KIN-NG-G MUR-R-RD-D-D-DER-RED-D M-MY-Y P-P-PEN-NIS-S"

Fucking.
Best.
Round.
Ever.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 1654