Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125369 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4875 on: May 06, 2013, 02:18:46 pm »

I'd recommend starting out as a cargo tech.

You get maintenance access, plus cargo access obviously.  Cargo is a pretty easy, low pressure job, and it gives you access to all the supplies you need to learn to build things and hack things, if you're so inclined.   

If you start off as an engineer, you can destroy the whole station with a small mistake.
If you start off as a cargo tech, the worst thing you can do is order the wrong thing, and since we don't even have a cargo department half the time, that's really not a big deal.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: May 06, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »

AFAIK orange teleporter means teleporter malfunction, and whatever went through last is now drifting in space on a random Z level.

This would explain my 'Captain Thief' round the other day. I kept setting the Active teleport, then jumping through (Set to atmospherics.) And ending up deep in space, which was BAD because even though I was Captain, I'd traded the Captain's Armor for ablative, so I had to random teleport and hope I ended up home safely. Which I did. I thought Axl just set the Teleporter to a random beacon then tossed it into space.

I kinda want to play this, though Hanslanda scares me so much I would prefer to be something like a Borg or Personal AI.  Did some light wiki reading to get an idea, will you take in an utter noob?  And how easy are those two jobs I wanna be???  Other than those, what would you guys say is safest?  Kinda exited about this, gonna go back to reading the wiki in the hopes that I can get in.  Never tried roleplaying but I'll give it a shot for this game!

I scare new people. Exactly according to plan. Soon I will be some larger-than-life legendary monster. No one will dare to fight me, just like Axl Blyant, because I'm some unstoppable torture-god.

Next step in my evil plan: Capture my Traitor Objective person one round, buckle-straightjacket them to a chair, blindfold and earmuff them, drag them to Illicit wing or something, then horribly torture them for a long time. Then, force feed them Ambrosia until they die of an overdose. Then, for the final part of the plan? Tell everyone on station about Illicit and the dead body, so they can go there and see the aftermath of my... Special attentions. :P

Also, to be honest, I'm not usually evil and I don't attack people with the intent to kill unless they do so to me, or they're my traitor objective. Even when I'm the Traitor, you're chances of getting mutilated by me are very low. If I have to assassinate you, I just kill you real fast and be done with it. As a changeling, there is a very good chance I will randomly assault you and eat your delicious DNA, but I still won't torture you. I only torture cultists and BD that one time. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: May 06, 2013, 02:25:17 pm »

AAaaand don't be afraid of my dickish nature. It's not really something I can help, and I don't fuck with new players. Not fair.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: May 06, 2013, 02:34:03 pm »

Well, since this is kind of a community thing, what SHOULD I be?  Do we have all the roles covered?  If nobody likes being the chef, I'll play that for you all.  Wanna help out, y'know?  Otherwise, I'll start as an assistant, then upgrade to Cargo Technician.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: May 06, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »

Just do whatever. Ask someone if they'd be willing to teach a newbie while they do the job they planned to do, most people will say yes. No job is terribly complicated once you get the UI down (Which in itself is more clunky than hard to grasp.)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: May 06, 2013, 02:46:22 pm »

You have to die to be offered pAI.
I believe I've been offered it when I was just observing.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: May 06, 2013, 02:47:44 pm »

When I was running Viro earlier all my virii were popping out with Blood-type and Nutriment-cured. All of them. I figured that out after what's his who and I briefly discussed the poor, poor choice of creating a virus that boosts your speed but is cured by the very thing you need to survive. The only ones that weren't were GBS and a couple of the others from the ordered crate. Anything I made and altered in any way shifted to Blood/Nutriment.

Though I did create "Cancer", which caused weight loss, blood vomiting, deafness, headache, and even made you lose your hair without needing to go through chemotherapy. The monkey I tested it on was not happy. I also created an Everlasting Youth+The Beard Thing, but I figured its benefit was negligible. Though before I left I was contemplating injecting myself with it and then proceeding to make myself bleed all over the hallways.

Also, complaining about rounds will really benefit everyone involved, because we're all just as miserable.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: May 06, 2013, 03:00:36 pm »

I thought you were out of the round as an observer. Suicide pulls you out of even admin hands.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: May 06, 2013, 03:03:39 pm »

You can get pAI as observer. Dunno about suicide.
Nothing important here, move along.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: May 06, 2013, 03:03:46 pm »

Well, since this is kind of a community thing, what SHOULD I be?  Do we have all the roles covered?  If nobody likes being the chef, I'll play that for you all.  Wanna help out, y'know?  Otherwise, I'll start as an assistant, then upgrade to Cargo Technician.

A cargo tech is essentially an assistant with a little more access.  You won't be taking a job from someone else, but you'll actually be able to be somewhat useful as well.  I would definitely recommend that over assistant.  As an assistant, all you can do is wander the halls and harass people.  As a cargo tech, you can order cargo, then wander the halls and harass people. With any luck there will be a quartermaster, who will be your boss, and can give you a lot of pointers.

You'll be able to order yourself various supplies and equipment, so you can try out some hacking and get a feel for that. I started out as a cargo tech, and was able to get the hang of it in a couple of rounds.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: May 06, 2013, 03:04:31 pm »

Note to self: from now on, never ever choose security as a module. It is the worst module and the least fun way to play Cyborg. :(
Also often called Boowells.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: May 06, 2013, 03:05:09 pm »

I thought you were out of the round as an observer. Suicide pulls you out of even admin hands.

I'm pretty sure observing just spawns you as a regular ghost, whereas suicide is an ooc way of saying that you're done playing for the round, period. Or something like that. Obviously I don't commit suicide that often.

Note to self: from now on, never ever choose security as a module. It is the worst module and the least fun way to play Cyborg. :(

Wha- Explain, please. I've had a lot of fun as a sec borg.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: May 06, 2013, 03:07:15 pm »

Indeed. Engineering model is faaaar more robust, Medical has more RP fun, Service is just hilarious, Miner is highly useful, and Standard is basically a poorly equipped human-but-is-still-better. Only thing Security Borgs are good at is murdering everyone for the Malf AI.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: May 06, 2013, 03:10:21 pm »

A cargo tech is essentially an assistant with a little more access.  You won't be taking a job from someone else, but you'll actually be able to be somewhat useful as well.  I would definitely recommend that over assistant.  As an assistant, all you can do is wander the halls and harass people.  As a cargo tech, you can order cargo, then wander the halls and harass people. With any luck there will be a quartermaster, who will be your boss, and can give you a lot of pointers.

You'll be able to order yourself various supplies and equipment, so you can try out some hacking and get a feel for that. I started out as a cargo tech, and was able to get the hang of it in a couple of rounds.

Hacking a MULE is a good way to learn really basic hacking. Any QM should be able to instruct you on this. It requires juggling of ID and tools and having open hands at the right time while messing with a menu system in a specific order and not touching certain buttons.

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: May 06, 2013, 03:45:26 pm »

Good news everyone! I've learned how to do something useful for once! I learned how to set up the singularity and the solars! I hosted my own little server, set everything up, and then left for work with the server still running. When I came home the power was still on and the singularity was still contained! I usually find myself on rounds with a small amount of people and there have been times where nobody knew how to get power going. If this happens again I'll be able to get it all set up.

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1654