Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125430 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4845 on: May 05, 2013, 08:50:38 pm »

I did that once. I was being a hero and helping everyone to the shuttles or pods, and I forgot I had stowed away my objective in my locker.
Nothing important here, move along.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: May 05, 2013, 09:29:55 pm »

I always end up being heroic when I'm a traitor and no one caught me. "GET TO THE PODS, I'LL HOLD THEM BACK!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: May 05, 2013, 09:41:45 pm »

Can I get a clarification on asimov please? Is it against laws for the AI to take action to prevent AI intellicarding and removal from the station at the end of the round? Since 3rd law is self-preservation, and an empty station will eventually vacuum-ablate to nothingness? (and assuming exemption from 1st law)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: May 05, 2013, 09:46:11 pm »

Technically, the station is supposed to be 'cleaned up' by a special crew after the escape shuttle leaves, so there's nothing wrong with the AI wanting to stay around. There's no IC reason that the AI should resist being carded, though, since it's just as safe (if not safer, depending on the nature of the threat to the station) to leave with the crew.
Nothing important here, move along.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: May 05, 2013, 09:51:14 pm »

Except the AI in that round had a hacked law (Which is above all numbered laws) that only a traitor was human. The traitor apparently told the AI to kill you.
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: May 05, 2013, 10:06:29 pm »

Do note that in many cases, the AI may choose to stay behind to ensure the crew gets away safely - if Singuloth is loose, the AI can warn escape wing to evade if AI still has camera access.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: May 05, 2013, 10:13:15 pm »

A talking Judge Ian vomits up a banhammer for a sexual assault (or forced surgery) victim to use to beat the clown and captain. Best trial ever.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: May 05, 2013, 10:15:21 pm »

A talking Judge Ian vomits up a banhammer for a sexual assault (or forced surgery) victim to use to beat the clown and captain. Best trial ever.
Be better if he wasn't talking.  Just Ian at the podium.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: May 05, 2013, 10:43:57 pm »

Then in medbay, with the dead body of the Captain and several people standing around, I start blithely stabbing the dead body in the eyes. Repeatedly.

Que Axl and Hector:
"..." A
"Well, the power in the APC is tot- ..." - H
"What are you doing?" -Simultaneous
"Huh? What do you mean?" -me
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: May 05, 2013, 11:21:27 pm »

Why does all the cool shit happen when I'm not on. Or going, "Oooh piece of plasma!" on the 'roid.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: May 05, 2013, 11:24:42 pm »

EVERYTHING WAS EXPLODING. Ian, Matthias... Only three people and a corpse made it on the shuttle. I got to watch Zackary, Peppy, and at least one other beat/stab a corpse in the medbay foyer. I was honestly surprised Hector didn't start kicking the corpse too :P

Just by pure luck alone I had grabbed a power cell, went to medbay, and walked past the entire crowd into genetics when Matthias suicide bombed and killed everyone except Hector, the clown, and myself.

On a partially related note: Why does the hand teleporter sometimes activate then turn orange when something is thrown in? That round I activated the hand teleporter, threw my hand tele in (SOP to prevent fly-manning), and it turned orange and didn't let me through. When I went to the beacon it was set to, my hand tele was nowhere to be found. I know nobody stole it, it was just gone.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: May 05, 2013, 11:25:29 pm »

Somewhere there is a fly-teleporter hybrid :P
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: May 06, 2013, 12:44:36 am »

With the potential for teleporter accidents it might be a good idea to genetics scan everyone with access.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 06, 2013, 03:19:09 am »

leporter sometimes activate then turn orange when something is thrown in? That round I activated the hand teleporter, threw my hand tele in (SOP to prevent fly-manning), and it turned orange and didn't let me through. When I went to the beacon it was set to, my hand tele was nowhere to be found. I know nobody stole it, it was just gone.

Orange portal = illegal object attempts to go through. It's a safeguard against dumping a traitor objective somewhere in space and 'lel go spess exploring'. One thing I know cannot pass through is Nuclear Authentication Disk, and presumably any current objective item.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: May 06, 2013, 07:47:01 am »

leporter sometimes activate then turn orange when something is thrown in? That round I activated the hand teleporter, threw my hand tele in (SOP to prevent fly-manning), and it turned orange and didn't let me through. When I went to the beacon it was set to, my hand tele was nowhere to be found. I know nobody stole it, it was just gone.

Orange portal = illegal object attempts to go through. It's a safeguard against dumping a traitor objective somewhere in space and 'lel go spess exploring'. One thing I know cannot pass through is Nuclear Authentication Disk, and presumably any current objective item.
I had done it multiple times without issue though, and the only traitor that round had to kill the captain.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1654