Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125540 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4770 on: May 04, 2013, 05:44:37 am »

Space should be mountain instead of ground.
Centcomm should be Mountainhomes, and Shuttle should be caravan. Also, it's Mason, not masom :P
General smith should be Blacksmith.
Also, make hair into beard.

Plasma should be magma.

Changeling, xeno, xenomorph and alien should be goblin, traitor should be kobold.

Wait, wait.

Cultist, rev and revolutionary should be goblin, cult and revolution should be siege. Traitor should be goblin. Changeling should be titan and xeno, xnomorph and alien should be crundle. Space carp should be badgers.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:22:50 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: May 04, 2013, 06:30:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoilered the quote. But this is something pretty cool. I'd love to take a stab at this and see how it goes.
Seems somewhat ambitious, at least considering that we haven't really added a whole lot of custom stuff into our code yet. I suggest we divert our attention to smaller things, but hey if you think it's doable then go ahead. Sounds cool.

I doubt it's something I'd get done any time soon, especially considering my schedule, but it'd be cool to try.

Is there anything that we people who don't know much (or anything) about coding stuff for SS13 can do to help? We could make it a group project type thing, perhaps.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: May 04, 2013, 06:54:17 am »

Well, I don't think BYOND code is /that/ hard, so you could dig up a few tutorials from the /tg/station forums and wiki.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: May 04, 2013, 07:05:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoilered the quote. But this is something pretty cool. I'd love to take a stab at this and see how it goes.
Seems somewhat ambitious, at least considering that we haven't really added a whole lot of custom stuff into our code yet. I suggest we divert our attention to smaller things, but hey if you think it's doable then go ahead. Sounds cool.

I doubt it's something I'd get done any time soon, especially considering my schedule, but it'd be cool to try.

Is there anything that we people who don't know much (or anything) about coding stuff for SS13 can do to help? We could make it a group project type thing, perhaps.

Sprites. Art is half of the problem with adding anything. Well, and brainstorming.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: May 04, 2013, 07:14:20 am »

Yeah, spriting may be quiiiite a problem. And balance. We need moar brainstorming. That said, mayby we should have an IRC channel of sorts.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: May 04, 2013, 07:14:55 am »

is server down? I can't connect

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: May 04, 2013, 07:25:00 am »

is server down? I can't connect
Agh, Vactor's server is down again.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: May 04, 2013, 07:39:10 am »

can't believe I missed it... thanks

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: May 04, 2013, 07:59:00 am »

can't believe I missed it... thanks
It's fine and you're welcome.
I wish Vactor was up, I really want to see how people react to the script.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: May 04, 2013, 08:07:22 am »

We're currently playing sandbox on KG's server, so feel free to pop in or PM the script to me.
I also have a super-NSFW-probably-bannable script that does things like replace heater with vibrator etc.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: May 04, 2013, 08:44:51 am »

My server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: May 04, 2013, 09:56:54 am »

Nien, carp should STAY carp. Meteors should be elephants.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: May 04, 2013, 10:14:14 am »

Okay, so my super-scary-sleep-with-the-lights-on night DID NOT end in murder. Hooray.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: May 04, 2013, 01:26:03 pm »

The sheer bad luck of that round was unbelievably hilarious. Traitor RD. I had to steal the HoS's jumpsuit, which I did early on. Later, I had a space suit on and floated by the holodeck with my PDA on, where Elspet saw me and yelled about it. I was breaking into the HoS's office from space to steal his headset. While I'm sorting through his shit, a meteor FLIES FROM SPACE AND RAMS ME, putting me into critical and eventually killing me.

I was cloned and put in cuffs when the security cyborgs roll in and take down the officer and detective. I gather my shit and leave, only to contract brainrot. I'm stuck in the AI upload for at least five minutes constantly passing out and seemingly being ignored by the AI. I eventually get it to open the chamber where I hack down the wall to the bridge and bolt for the arrivals pod, with a couple minutes left on the escape shuttle docking. I sat there and talked with the doctor (after tying her to the chair with cable restraints for safety purposes, of course) for a while, then the round ended.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:28:53 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: May 04, 2013, 02:06:21 pm »

Welp. I messed that up. Traitor captain, singulo gets released by meteors early, didn't complete objective. Then murder my fellow traitor in the pod because I though she ratted me out... Oops.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 1654