Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125586 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4725 on: May 03, 2013, 01:39:56 pm »

Does the DF station still more or less ban any type of murder, unless backed by 10 hours of roleplaying.. EVEN if playing specials who's only goal is to kill everyone? I remember wizards getting booted for not introducing themselves and explaining the murder that is to happen.

I admit, i haven't played for a long while, but while i played solely for the roleplay, it was ridiculously limiting. Crippling even.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: May 03, 2013, 01:48:27 pm »

You are thinking of Baystation 12, Stworca. BS12 became independent from this forum a long while ago.
This is an unrelated server, with more relaxed roleplay.
murder as a non antagonist is frowned upon, but special circumstances allow it. As antagonist, you have more or less free reign, as long as it goes toward your objective. Killing the crew to steal a pair of magboots could be considered poor form. ( although situations can escalate rapidly, so you never know)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: May 03, 2013, 02:01:37 pm »

Glorious! Although I think I'm done with my favorite IWIN strategy.

Creating fake walls and loosening the reinforced outer hull plates to periodically, secretly and swiftly depressurize and freeze huge parts of the ship to have an excuse - as an antagonist engineer - to spend hours in the areas where the marks are.. Not to mention the easiest possible way to permanently dispose of the bodies is to drag them through walls.. right into space.
All you need to remember is placement. Fake walls are best used behind vending machines, or other easily movable, view obstructing objects. There isn't a single place on the ship that is immune to that tactic, unless you have a godly AI player.

The only window of failure is during the first steps, but usage of the radio to orient where other engineers are (tasks) is godsend. Even more so, if you do all of this while everyone assembles the engine, and you are on "solar panel duty".

Now everyone knows it. Cheerio.
Although i always thought engineers shouldn't ever be rolled antagonists. Endless easy ways to accomplish things.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:05:07 pm by Stworca »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: May 03, 2013, 02:12:07 pm »

I routinely break into high-security areas as a non-antagonist for the hell of it. Quite a few times I've managed to walk out of the Captain's office with an otherwise-unassuming ID that had all access and didn't even leave enough evidence for anyone to think to look for signs that I did anything.

It is easy to do absolutely anything and leave no trace if you are quick, smart and cautious.
Nothing important here, move along.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: May 03, 2013, 02:17:25 pm »

Except for when there's a very suspicious and overly active AI, and not many players. I've had a few games where the AI was just watching everything, and reporting everyones position every other 5 frames.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: May 03, 2013, 02:35:12 pm »

An AI like that is usually annoying enough that nobody terribly minds when one of the miners or engineers disappears and a few minutes later the AI goes silent.
Nothing important here, move along.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: May 03, 2013, 02:44:57 pm »

Bomrek gets up and disarms me, and takes my gun.

I don't remember doing that. In fact I'm pretty sure you killed Bomrek in the previous paragraph, and then I left. Must've been that jerk who took his hardsuit.

Oooh. I see. This would make sense, because really. I nearly killed Bomrek a good three times at least, and if didn't die by rounds end, then either everyone REALLY likes him, or he is one LUCKY S.O.B.

I must admit, the Engineers that round, particularly Bomrek and Morgan, were incredibly determined to stop me, and didn't back down from fighting me, even when I was heavily armed and armored, and they were unarmed and armored only with hardsuits. Pretty impressive.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: May 03, 2013, 02:52:44 pm »

Glorious! Although I think I'm done with my favorite IWIN strategy.

Creating fake walls and loosening the reinforced outer hull plates to periodically, secretly and swiftly depressurize and freeze huge parts of the ship to have an excuse - as an antagonist engineer - to spend hours in the areas where the marks are.. Not to mention the easiest possible way to permanently dispose of the bodies is to drag them through walls.. right into space.
All you need to remember is placement. Fake walls are best used behind vending machines, or other easily movable, view obstructing objects. There isn't a single place on the ship that is immune to that tactic, unless you have a godly AI player.

The only window of failure is during the first steps, but usage of the radio to orient where other engineers are (tasks) is godsend. Even more so, if you do all of this while everyone assembles the engine, and you are on "solar panel duty".

Now everyone knows it. Cheerio.
Although i always thought engineers shouldn't ever be rolled antagonists. Endless easy ways to accomplish things.

If there is even one other engineer on board you're likely to be found out. Bad engineers are the only ones that aren't everywhere at once checking for breaches. Breaches found get tackled quickly by everyone. A single janitor will stumble on breaches right quick. Your typical CE won't let anyone mess with solars until the engine is up and running and even then might not allow it.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: May 03, 2013, 03:08:12 pm »

If there is even one other engineer on board you're likely to be found out. Bad engineers are the only ones that aren't everywhere at once checking for breaches. Breaches found get tackled quickly by everyone. A single janitor will stumble on breaches right quick. Your typical CE won't let anyone mess with solars until the engine is up and running and even then might not allow it.

You're implying that most people play badly, right there. A breach is not the same as movable reinforcement plate-breach.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: May 03, 2013, 03:15:59 pm »

Your typical CE won't let anyone mess with solars until the engine is up and running and even then might not allow it.
What's wrong with multitasking?
 It's not like setting up the singulo is complicated. Or anything.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: May 03, 2013, 03:45:55 pm »

You're implying that most people play badly, right there. A breach is not the same as movable reinforcement plate-breach.

Vacuum is the result of a breach. Any breach. Pressure drops are usually the result of a breach. They need to be fixed or people might stumble in and die.

Your typical CE won't let anyone mess with solars until the engine is up and running and even then might not allow it.
What's wrong with multitasking?
 It's not like setting up the singulo is complicated. Or anything.

3-4 people can setup the singu in a couple minutes. Then everyone can scatter or head to the bar for a drink.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:47:30 pm by BigD145 »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: May 03, 2013, 03:51:55 pm »

if you have 4 engineers, having all 4 of them working on singularity together is more likely to cause harm than anything else. more manpower isn't always good.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: May 03, 2013, 04:13:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoilered the quote. But this is something pretty cool. I'd love to take a stab at this and see how it goes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: May 03, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »

Spoilered the quote. But this is something pretty cool. I'd love to take a stab at this and see how it goes.
Seems somewhat ambitious, at least considering that we haven't really added a whole lot of custom stuff into our code yet. I suggest we divert our attention to smaller things, but hey if you think it's doable then go ahead. Sounds cool.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: May 03, 2013, 04:26:32 pm »

Seems somewhat ambitious, at least considering that we haven't really added a whole lot of custom stuff into our code yet. I suggest we divert our attention to smaller things, but hey if you think it's doable then go ahead. Sounds cool.

I doubt it's something I'd get done any time soon, especially considering my schedule, but it'd be cool to try.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1654