Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125644 times)

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4665 on: May 02, 2013, 11:39:38 am »

Blob is now in the secret rotation.. is this an intentional change?

Edit: to get my 2p in on the number of traitors thing, I'd quite like to see 2+ traitors most rounds. 1 traitor can easily just be quite dull if they're very quiet about it or if they go AFK or something
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:43:39 am by Nick K »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: May 02, 2013, 11:43:46 am »

No one ever said there was a max...

There is, it can be changed, but it is. That's why we kept having 4 traitors and not more or less - if Scaling is off, it defaults to the max amount of traitors. The formula, if you are curious, is the minimal value between either max_traitors and, if scaling is on, Crew/Traitor constant.

If it's off, it's max_traitors and crew_number (so you cannot get 4 traitors with 3 crewmembers).

The variables aren't named like that IIRC, but you get the idea.

Blob is now in the secret rotation.. is this an intentional change?

It is. And it should be removed post-haste, we ended our Blob round in like 20 minutes max.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: May 02, 2013, 11:55:45 am »

Wait, what? Currently, for each 3 loyal crewmembers there is one traitor, up to the maximum of 4 traitors. How is changing it to 4 crewmembers vs. one traitor going to make things MORE exciting?

If there is in fact, no max, disregard my comments about the max.  But if there's no max, 1/4 is too much.  6 traitors vs 18 normal crew? Sounds like chaos to me.  10 traitors vs 30 normal crew? The station's gonna burn.

Also, if an AI is traitor, that should count for 2 or 3 traitors, given how they are everywhere.  If there's a traitor AI, that's what the round is going to revolve around.  A traitor crewmember is likely to keep to himself for the most part.

Also, plox rmv blob mode.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: May 02, 2013, 11:58:34 am »

Wait, what? Currently, for each 3 loyal crewmembers there is one traitor, up to the maximum of 4 traitors. How is changing it to 4 crewmembers vs. one traitor going to make things MORE exciting?

If there is in fact, no max, disregard my comments about the max.  But if there's no max, 1/4 is too much.  6 traitors vs 18 normal crew? Sounds like chaos to me.  10 traitors vs 30 normal crew? The station's gonna burn.

Also, if an AI is traitor, that should count for 2 or 3 traitors, given how they are everywhere.  If there's a traitor AI, that's what the round is going to revolve around.  A traitor crewmember is likely to keep to himself for the most part.

Also, plox rmv blob mode.

That's 1/3. 1/4 would give you 4 traitors for 18 crew, or 5 if it's rounded up. Realistically though, I mostly see less than 15 players at round start, so we'd be looking at 2-3 traitors

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: May 02, 2013, 12:15:02 pm »

So. Idea. Take supply manifest from crate. Put it in Photocopier. ???. Get 500 collectable hat crates.

You can only make 30 copies before toner runs out, wonder if manifests sent back give more points than you need for a toner crate.

Toner takes 10 points for 5 cartridges. Manifests are 2 points each. 350 net increase.

Did you test it? Wonder if it works. Though even if it is, stamping all the damn manifests would take a very dedicated QM. And possibly a couple of people to help with other heads' stamps.

Copies of the original manifest, regardless of whether it is stamped or not (the stamp is not copied via the magic of stamps), do not give points. I have tested this with the most current build.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: May 02, 2013, 12:17:36 pm »

No, 1/4 of all players are traitors. so 16 total players = 4 traitors, 12 normal crew.

1/4 = 1:3. 

At least, if we're all using the same terminology here.  If it's in fact 1:4, that seems reasonable to me.  But no matter the case, I think the max should be pushed up to at least 6.

Does it have to be a flat ratio? Because I'd think some sort of inverse exponential growth would be better, if possible.

Meaning: 0-4 crew gets 1 traitor, 5-9 gets 2 traitors, 10-17 gets 3, 18 - 25 gets 4, etc. So you'd get fast traitor growth at low pop numbers, but not so much with high numbers. I pulled those numbers out of thin air, it's not a real inverse exponential formula, but I hope you see what I mean.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: May 02, 2013, 12:20:28 pm »

I'd rather have 1/4.5 or 1/5, to be honest.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: May 02, 2013, 12:57:25 pm »

Ah, I misread your post - thought you meant 6 traitors in 18 total crew.

It's been weeks since I've seen 20+ players at round start though. Remember it's only players who declared ready at the beginning who count towards the traitor count. I only ever see 15+ on weekends lately and even then not for most of the time.
Maybe you play at a more trafficked time, but for me the main concern is not that you have 6 traitors and so total chaos, but that you have only 1, and they're a quiet traitor, and so the round is boring cause nothing happens. That's why I'd like to see a minimum of 2 but I don't know if that could be set in config.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4673 on: May 02, 2013, 02:37:49 pm »

I dun' goofed on blob being in the secret rotation, it'll be fixed next update.  It shouldn't be very common, though, it only had 1 chance relative to other modes 3 or 4.

As far as traitor scaling, these are the relevant code snippets:

Code: [Select]
From  /code/game/gamemodes/traitor/traitor.dm

var/traitors_possible = 4 //hard limit on traitors if scaling is turned off
var/const/traitor_scaling_coeff = 4.0 //how much does the amount of players get divided by to determine traitors //Reduced from 5 to 4 to make traitor rounds more interesting

--------------------------------------------

if(config.traitor_scaling)
num_traitors = max(1, round((num_players())/(traitor_scaling_coeff)))
else
num_traitors = max(1, min(num_players(), traitors_possible))

There's a max defined if traitor scaling is disabled.  Otherwise, it's simply the number of players divided by the traitor scaling coefficient.

It'd be trivial to implement an max on traitors even if scaling is on, however.

KG

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: May 02, 2013, 03:16:04 pm »

You really should be adminhelping this stuff, and not posting it on the forum.  Adminhelp what happened, with the name of the player who griffed you, so this thread doesn't devolve into people complaining about other players. 

I do feel your pain greatorder.  But it's not going to be constuctive if you post it here.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: May 02, 2013, 03:18:28 pm »

*flame removed*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:26:10 pm by werty892 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: May 02, 2013, 03:20:11 pm »

Werty, that's definitely an adminhelp.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: May 02, 2013, 03:20:46 pm »

I sense a possible correlation.

Also, impending flamewar and topic block. Please redirect these posts to the admins.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: May 02, 2013, 03:22:47 pm »

From OP:
THREAD RULES:
•No discussion of admin-ing style of other servers.
•No personal attacks.
•No ban discussion, except as directly related to Urist McStation.  Please discuss bans of other servers somewhere else; the bruised feelings tend to get the general discussion thread locked.

Come on guys. If this thread gets locked the server's only going to die.  Please adminhelp this stuff

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: May 02, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »

That was a blob round with admin-spawned traitors. Gridrick and I were traitors, and there may have been more. Sorry to Greatorder, but both me and the captain (Who was masquerading as roboticist) were traitors, so I killed you because you were chasing him.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 1654