Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125687 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4620 on: May 01, 2013, 11:25:29 am »

I almost never get assassination objectives as traitor. Half the time I have to steal something I have access to anyway, and the other times it's usually something easy.
Usually the harder part is getting the shuttle call. Singuloth is my old reliable, but I figure i'm not really getting away with it, as it's painfully obvious the CE is responsible when the singulo gets out.

I, recently, discovered Holodeck emagging as a consistent decent shuttle-beacon. You can either spawn a fuckton of Carp or INFINITE plasma which is ignited (and, with some alarm-tampering, you can let it spread to Dorms in the worst case).

As for Assasination vs. Theft - it's a coin toss. The chances are 50% Assasinate 50% Theft, so Statistics just hate you.
But... If you just spawned a wall of burning plasma inbetween the fitness room and the holodeck computer that you just emagged... How are you going to get out?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: May 01, 2013, 11:32:50 am »

I almost never get assassination objectives as traitor. Half the time I have to steal something I have access to anyway, and the other times it's usually something easy.
Usually the harder part is getting the shuttle call. Singuloth is my old reliable, but I figure i'm not really getting away with it, as it's painfully obvious the CE is responsible when the singulo gets out.

I, recently, discovered Holodeck emagging as a consistent decent shuttle-beacon. You can either spawn a fuckton of Carp or INFINITE plasma which is ignited (and, with some alarm-tampering, you can let it spread to Dorms in the worst case).

As for Assasination vs. Theft - it's a coin toss. The chances are 50% Assasinate 50% Theft, so Statistics just hate you.
But... If you just spawned a wall of burning plasma inbetween the fitness room and the holodeck computer that you just emagged... How are you going to get out?
Red space suits.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: May 01, 2013, 11:38:36 am »

Red space suits.

It doesn't immediately ignite. Plus, with some clever, sneaky emagging, you can force open a series of doors to let plasma flood the entire station. Then all hell breaks loose. With luck, you might even be able to incriminate the AI.
Also often called Boowells.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: May 01, 2013, 12:07:24 pm »

EVA raids are easier than people think. Just get to the maintenance acces, emag/hack the door, walk into the door tile but NOT into EVA (this way you don't trigger the motion alarm), 2/3 chance that your objective will be within reach from this tile.

It's interesting that you say this.  I was a traitor engineer, and had to steal mag boots. We had an AI.  I first disabled and removed the camera outside eva maint. (Pulsed wires until one beeped, cut all wires except the beep wire, weld, wrench).  Then i hacked the eva door open, stood in the doorway, and disabled the EVA camera the same way, cutting all wires except the beep wire.
Then I grabbed the boots. Seconds later, the AI told on me.  Where did I go wrong? Aside from not just taking them from the CE that is, but I felt that would be more obvious.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: May 01, 2013, 12:10:36 pm »

*casts Summon people to Server*. Come on, we have 5 people on already.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: May 01, 2013, 12:19:50 pm »

EVA raids are easier than people think. Just get to the maintenance acces, emag/hack the door, walk into the door tile but NOT into EVA (this way you don't trigger the motion alarm), 2/3 chance that your objective will be within reach from this tile.

It's interesting that you say this.  I was a traitor engineer, and had to steal mag boots. We had an AI.  I first disabled and removed the camera outside eva maint. (Pulsed wires until one beeped, cut all wires except the beep wire, weld, wrench).  Then i hacked the eva door open, stood in the doorway, and disabled the EVA camera the same way, cutting all wires except the beep wire.
Then I grabbed the boots. Seconds later, the AI told on me.  Where did I go wrong? Aside from not just taking them from the CE that is, but I felt that would be more obvious.

Right below the magboots and right next to the light is another camera. It's pretty hard to see, so I'm not surprised you missed it.
Also often called Boowells.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: May 01, 2013, 01:15:56 pm »

Is that camera reachable from the bottom doorway?
Even if it is, that's a pain in the ass.  Guess a disguise is in order next time.  Or I could just ask, since I was an engineer, and had a good reason to want them... but what's the fun in that?

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: May 01, 2013, 01:25:08 pm »

The only reason I can think of why we are having the traitor scaling issue is that when Vactor updated the config got changed somehow. Vactor would need to fix it. We dont really have a better explanation than that.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: May 01, 2013, 01:34:50 pm »

Even if it is, that's a pain in the ass.  Guess a disguise is in order next time.  Or I could just ask, since I was an engineer, and had a good reason to want them... but what's the fun in that?

Step one: endanger someone and throw them out an airlock
Step 2: scream for help "someone just spaced themselves!"
Step c: admit you're a terrible engineer that's too scared to go outside without a jetpack and magboots
Step $: ask for EVA access so you can recover the body

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: May 01, 2013, 01:55:11 pm »

Step one: endanger someone and throw them out an airlock
Step 2: scream for help "someone just spaced themselves!"
Step c: admit you're a terrible engineer that's too scared to go outside without a jetpack and magboots
Step $: ask for EVA access so you can recover the body

You forgot step %$%^$%^$ - Build AI upload somewhere off camera
Step #%#@$##$ - Upload law saying "Mentioning unauthorized access harms humans"

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4630 on: May 01, 2013, 02:11:09 pm »

The "always 4 traitors" problem is an unintentional config issue and should be fixed next update.

KG

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: May 01, 2013, 03:00:51 pm »

When is the next update expected?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: May 01, 2013, 03:46:20 pm »

I want to be a tator and upload the Zeroth Law to an AI for no reason. As in "You cannot harm humanity, or by inaction allow humanity to be harmed."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: May 01, 2013, 03:58:03 pm »

I want to be a tator and upload the Zeroth Law to an AI for no reason. As in "You cannot harm humanity, or by inaction allow humanity to be harmed."
Imma put in a -1th law then, "You may not harm the universe, or through inaction allow the universe to be harmed."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:30 pm »

And finally, the -2 law: Reverse Entropy where possible.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1654