Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125729 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4605 on: May 01, 2013, 02:44:17 am »

Flame Shield: On

My favorite round type is Rev. I just love me some subversion. When done right, you have a sleeper cell just watching and waiting for your orders. Then BAM! One of the heads disappears, and nobody knows where to, why, or how. Except the gang of crew members responsible for jumping the poor SOB. Mostly though someone fucks it up, which sucks, but the beauty when it's done right...it truly is an art.

Though I do also fancy myself a pretty robust wizard. HEEE HAWWWW

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: May 01, 2013, 04:44:26 am »

Why bother with typing say or ooc if you can use T Hotkey and OOC button respectively?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: May 01, 2013, 08:30:11 am »

Flame Shield: On

My favorite round type is Rev. I just love me some subversion. When done right, you have a sleeper cell just watching and waiting for your orders. Then BAM! One of the heads disappears, and nobody knows where to, why, or how. Except the gang of crew members responsible for jumping the poor SOB. Mostly though someone fucks it up, which sucks, but the beauty when it's done right...it truly is an art.

Though I do also fancy myself a pretty robust wizard. HEEE HAWWWW
How often do you see rev rounds done right?  Almost every game, any given antag will make a move within 2 minutes.  Traitor will out themselves.  Changeling will get themselves burned.  Wizard gets mobbed.  Rev?  Rev makes a stupid move in 2 minutes by lolflashing someone, which quickly causes a loyalty cascade that sucks innocent bystanders into a deathpit of "implanted vs everyone else."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: May 01, 2013, 08:37:26 am »

Why bother with typing say or ooc if you can use T Hotkey and OOC button respectively?

I try not to use the buttons whenever possible. That's time my mouse is not on the map being busy clicking through the awful fog of byond.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: May 01, 2013, 09:18:42 am »

Something's got to be done about the traitor situation.
4 Traitors amoung 9 total crew.  Within the first 5 seconds, the AI is trying to kill Axl(Least stealthy traitor AI ever).  Seconds later, there are two assistants in engineering, who I yell at to GTFO.  Like 2 minutes later, the shuttle is called.  I cancel it to buy time for my objective, steal the ablative armor.
I head toward sec, intending to break in, when I run into Axl, raiding the armory.  We exchange code words, and he tells me the HoS must have the ablative armor, and he'll give it to me, if I promise to stay off the shuttle. Fine with me.

I run around in a laggy fog, looking for the HoS, who is nowhere to be found. Apparently Axl ran into him and killed him though, and he delivers the ablative armor to me. I hop on a pod, and a few minutes later, we're headed back to centcom.

So the round ended up lasting maybe 20 minutes.  If the shuttle is called in the first minutes, that really gives no time for stealth or subtlety.

TLDR;
Please fix the traitor scaling.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: May 01, 2013, 09:23:52 am »

Altough it may be a good idea to up the general amount of traitors (AKA, 10 people = 2 traitors, 15 = 3 and 20 = 4.)

By the way, GET ON THE SERVER PEOPLE.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: May 01, 2013, 09:25:29 am »

Axl actually spared me, he stunned and cuffed me and placed me in the security-pod.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: May 01, 2013, 09:30:21 am »

Altough it may be a good idea to up the general amount of traitors (AKA, 10 people = 2 traitors, 15 = 3 and 20 = 4.)

By the way, GET ON THE SERVER PEOPLE.
That's what's supposed to happen.  1/5 traitor is a decent balance.  Problem is, with the new update, the minimum is 4.  Bay12 server just doesn't have enough population to even break the minimum.

This is kind of an issue that we're using the /tg/ server version.  /tg/ regularly has 40-60 players, so scaling isn't an issue.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: May 01, 2013, 09:49:47 am »

Almost every game, any given antag will make a move within 2 minutes.  Traitor will out themselves.

I've only antag'ed a few times but I tend to scope things out and make a move 30-45 minutes in. This was before the 4 traitor min though.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: May 01, 2013, 10:20:39 am »

1 traitor for every 5 crew seems reasonable-ish.  I would rather 1 for every 7.5, but either way would be ok.  The 4 minimum is just absurd.  More traitors does make for more interesting rounds to a point, but if the shuttle is being called in the first minutes of the round, you know it's excessive.  If we average 45 minutes to 1 hour per round, I'd be happy.  2-3 hour rounds are too long. I have maybe 2-3 hours to play a day, so odds are that's not going to perfectly line up with the start of a round.  Although when I am an antag, the rounds tend to be noticably shorter  :P.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: May 01, 2013, 10:56:41 am »

1 traitor for every 5 crew seems reasonable-ish.  I would rather 1 for every 7.5, but either way would be ok.  The 4 minimum is just absurd.  More traitors does make for more interesting rounds to a point, but if the shuttle is being called in the first minutes of the round, you know it's excessive.  If we average 45 minutes to 1 hour per round, I'd be happy.  2-3 hour rounds are too long. I have maybe 2-3 hours to play a day, so odds are that's not going to perfectly line up with the start of a round.  Although when I am an antag, the rounds tend to be noticably shorter  :P.
5:1 antags fits, because 3 will flaff off in the first 5 minutes and get caught and the other 2 will be long-term serious antags who plan and skulk.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: May 01, 2013, 11:05:14 am »

That was what we had before the always-4-traitors thing, and it was kinda meh. This way, we actually GET 4 traitors in some rounds.

I'm also one of the slowest traitors, I do my job at first and observe my target to make out my strategy how and where I'll parapen him. Especially if it's something that I could very well use such as virology or genetics.

E: *ahem*

GET ON DA SERVA YE LAZEH BUMS!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:08:44 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: May 01, 2013, 11:16:46 am »

I almost never get assassination objectives as traitor. Half the time I have to steal something I have access to anyway, and the other times it's usually something easy.
Usually the harder part is getting the shuttle call. Singuloth is my old reliable, but I figure i'm not really getting away with it, as it's painfully obvious the CE is responsible when the singulo gets out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: May 01, 2013, 11:20:27 am »

EVA raids are easier than people think. Just get to the maintenance acces, emag/hack the door, walk into the door tile but NOT into EVA (this way you don't trigger the motion alarm), 2/3 chance that your objective will be within reach from this tile.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: May 01, 2013, 11:22:31 am »

I almost never get assassination objectives as traitor. Half the time I have to steal something I have access to anyway, and the other times it's usually something easy.
Usually the harder part is getting the shuttle call. Singuloth is my old reliable, but I figure i'm not really getting away with it, as it's painfully obvious the CE is responsible when the singulo gets out.

I, recently, discovered Holodeck emagging as a consistent decent shuttle-beacon. You can either spawn a fuckton of Carp or INFINITE plasma which is ignited (and, with some alarm-tampering, you can let it spread to Dorms in the worst case).

As for Assasination vs. Theft - it's a coin toss. The chances are 50% Assasinate 50% Theft, so Statistics just hate you.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1654