Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125737 times)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4590 on: April 30, 2013, 12:52:53 am »

Alternate server updated.  Admins, please poke around at the new poll panel a bit and make sure it's solid.

KG

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: April 30, 2013, 01:34:00 am »

Well that was a somewhat frustrating round, though fun overall (I guess mostly because I won in the end). Glloyd, am I stupid or something? Why didn't I find the bombs when I searched your bag?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: April 30, 2013, 01:39:45 am »

On the current 3 person round:

Axl Blyant says, "I feel loyal to NanoTrasen."
Axl Blyant says, "NanoTrasen is love, NanoTrasen is life."
Central Command Update

Damn right it is.

EDIT:

Later on...

Poly  [Engineering] says, "I feel loyal to NanoTrasen."

Central Command Update

Damn right you do Poly.
Was that the welder when I was the PAI? I think it was.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: April 30, 2013, 01:40:16 am »

Well that was a somewhat frustrating round, though fun overall (I guess mostly because I won in the end). Glloyd, am I stupid or something? Why didn't I find the bombs when I searched your bag?

Did you search the internals box?

EDIT: Yup. At the very beginning of the round, before the welderness began.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: April 30, 2013, 01:42:03 am »

I thought I did. I remember there were some handcuffs and cable restraints in there. I guess I completely missed it.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: April 30, 2013, 01:49:29 am »

Alternate server updated.  Admins, please poke around at the new poll panel a bit and make sure it's solid.

KG

Tested it out. I messed it up the first time, but the second time it worked. Although, I preferred my first answer to my "Hm, this didn't work, testing again" one... -_-

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: April 30, 2013, 07:06:00 pm »

I loved the one where the traitors won with tons of guns... and a mech.
hell, i had three guns at one point. a sub-machine with three extra clips, a stun revolver and a laser cannon.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: April 30, 2013, 10:12:37 pm »

Just had a fun round as a clown.
I was the only non-antag on board. Except one of the targets, the Captain killed himself by mistake.
Then the other traitor, the Warden, decided to target me, the Clown. He stunned and cuffed me then let me go on the condition he hunts me down. (Which is no fair because I was still cuffed.) After some amateur juking and blind luck I get off my cuffs. Then I go into Tool Storage, I mess with him through the radio before he finds me. In a room with cut wires on the doors. I escape through maintenance to the Illicit Wing where I break in and take the shotgun. I cautiously fired off a shot to ensure it won't blow up in my face. It doesn't.

*Cue me waiting in a locker near vault for him* I announced I was in the vault, and waited. and waited. and waited. Eventually he shows up and pauses at the door. Suddenly he vomits and I make my move. I rush out of the locker and shoot him. Then I cuffed him. I tried to cremate him but had no access. So instead I stripped him and spaced him via mass driver. Then I use his emag to take the Captain's spare ID and call the shuttle. I saved all of the pets except for Poly and Lamarr. I killed Poly with a wrench.

I waited for a shuttle and got hit by the Blue-Space cannon. I survived. The rounds end with the pets in the shuttle listening to me play Showtime and Renard - Avast your Ass.
Fun fact: Due to my amazing music I was promoted to Head Clown.
I'm so using Clown more now :D

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:14:26 pm by WarderSkyfire »
Think fast, act faster.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: April 30, 2013, 10:17:23 pm »

Seems like this is one of the slower days. Might as well ask: What is(are) your favorite mode(s)?

My favorite would have to be cult. It's just completely different from nearly every other possible experience. You have so much to do with your runes... Teleport, spawn armor, stun people, or just straight kill them. I also have a strange fixation on necromancy/constructs in any game, so having the ability to "build" an army of unholy death machines is a nice plus. IC, it gives you something to fight the annoying-ass cyborgs with. From a meta-perspective, it brings the dead back in with a new experience. And, if the cult wins the fight, you can summon an all-destroying monstrosity to totally wreck everything.

If wizard were in the secret rotation, it would probably be my second. On the note of gamemodes: Do we have traitorchan in the secret rotation? The TG wiki lists it under the secret rotation tab, but it seems to be false (just like wizard).

NINJA: Space ninjas infiltrated the thread! I'll keep the opening line anyway :P

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: April 30, 2013, 10:45:14 pm »

I've never gotten to play Cult as a cultist.  :'(
Though from what I hear, some sort of wizcult round would be awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: April 30, 2013, 10:52:59 pm »

Seems like this is one of the slower days. Might as well ask: What is(are) your favorite mode(s)?

My favorite would have to be cult. It's just completely different from nearly every other possible experience. You have so much to do with your runes... Teleport, spawn armor, stun people, or just straight kill them. I also have a strange fixation on necromancy/constructs in any game, so having the ability to "build" an army of unholy death machines is a nice plus. IC, it gives you something to fight the annoying-ass cyborgs with. From a meta-perspective, it brings the dead back in with a new experience. And, if the cult wins the fight, you can summon an all-destroying monstrosity to totally wreck everything.

If wizard were in the secret rotation, it would probably be my second. On the note of gamemodes: Do we have traitorchan in the secret rotation? The TG wiki lists it under the secret rotation tab, but it seems to be false (just like wizard).

NINJA: Space ninjas infiltrated the thread! I'll keep the opening line anyway :P

I agree. Cult rounds are awesome. It's all stealth and trying to be circumspect, finding time to sneak away and making excuses for absences or unexplained health loss, then suddenly a flurry of armored warriors with blades supported by monstrous constructs of extreme power. Either side can be awesome. As a normal crewmember, it's all cluelessness, then suddenly oh-god-don't-die. As Security/Head it's like a super creepy detective story. As a cultist, it's... Awesome. Totally awesome.

I would prefer more rounds where there were, say, four traitors in a crew of 20, and then halfway through the round, the admin added someone as a changeling/cultist/something like that. Space ninjas bore me, to be honest, I would prefer more sudden antags like a changeling with the objective to absorb all the traitors, and the traitors have to assassinate heads/steal important objects. That way there is a lot more... Interplay between the antags and the crew, and the other antags. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: April 30, 2013, 11:05:20 pm »

Changeling on /tg/ is fun until they start to meta it.  I got 'found out' when I was near a husk and someone walked by.  Instantly dragged to cremation without any argument or validation.  Apparently that's all it takes, being near a crime scene makes you the one who did it...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: April 30, 2013, 11:09:16 pm »

I remember when I turned myself into a monkey via Genetics, and as soon as someone saw me, I was stunned and cremated. Was quite annoying.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: April 30, 2013, 11:19:23 pm »

I need to stop playing this game. I was IMing with a friend, and I found my self typing 'say' in front of everything.

Also, about the favorite game-mode discussion: I only play jobs where I am really secluded, so I never notice what's going on, unless its welder or random aliens invade. Then everyone notices. I'm most affected when the power goes out. To summarize that jumble of words: I don't notice the difference between rounds.

Also, I have not really fully experienced an alien round, so I dont know what that's like. I mentioned it to Glloyd, but there weren't enough people.:(

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: May 01, 2013, 01:34:15 am »

Alium can be nice or utter shit.

I also type ooc in front of things when I'm IRC-ing.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 1654