Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125807 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4545 on: April 29, 2013, 01:48:45 am »

How to be most robust CMO/Chemist.

1: Make an explosive grenade, keep it on your person.
2: If anyone is gonna get you, activate it.

Bonus points, unsure if this works:
Make it a proximity trigger, and carry it in your hand.  As soon as you get stunned and drop it, the other guy is fucked.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: April 29, 2013, 01:49:23 am »

Make it a proximity trigger, and carry it in your hand.  As soon as you get stunned and drop it, the other guy is fucked.
As are you, if you slip in the halls.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: April 29, 2013, 01:50:54 am »

As are you, if you slip in the halls.
would be glorious though 
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: April 29, 2013, 04:37:58 am »

What's the people's opinion on turning fat, then using injectors to transform people into monkeys in order to consume them whole?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: April 29, 2013, 06:02:09 am »

What's the people's opinion on turning fat, then using injectors to transform people into monkeys in order to consume them whole?

Wait, what? If you can pull this of, you SHOULD do it (as an antag, of course). It's simply too epic to pass on that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: April 29, 2013, 07:30:10 am »

I assume that eating someone prevents cloning? In that case, do it to your assassination target only unless you have a really good IC reason to remove the victim from the round. There's lots of reasons for a traitor to kill someone, but clone amnesia means you're usually fine to let them be cloned later and play more. If you really want to do it to loads of people then wait to get an escape alone objective I guess.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: April 29, 2013, 09:17:24 am »

Let's say that I wanted to build another Atmos system. We can assume that I have access to plenty of tools, can get circuit boards, and have a theoretically infinite supply of raw materials. We can also assume that I would not be doing this on the station. Is it possible to build it from scratch, or do I have to rip up an Atmos first?
Atmosia is a huge den of lag and villainy.  You can set your own up, to a large extent, such as refurbishing the derelict it'd be relatively easy.

The basic way that Atmosia functions, is that incoming air gets filtered down, removing all gasses, and then oxygen is pumped back out.  So it's basically "Take in 1,000 kpa of whatever is in the station, put out 1,000 kpa of O2."

The real problem with Atmosia is the gas chambers, which just let gas sit idle and move about, and the 7 or so in-line filters.  This tends to cause lag as the game has to handle all the gasses.  A more straightforward but less traitor-able method, would be to pump ALL the gas into a single chamber, then pump out only O2.  Just make the filtering simple and messy.
I wanted to see if I could make the asteroid have a breathable atmosphere. I'm not so sure its possible, but I will think on it.
You all forgot one thing that's hard to replicate: air injectors and the special gas chamber vent pumps. You can do it, but the output wont be much due to the slow nature of scrubbers and you'd have to use air alarms to control them. It's not entirely impossible, maybe, but it's going to be very hard.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: April 29, 2013, 12:12:02 pm »

People, the server is empty! We need more people!

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: April 29, 2013, 12:38:36 pm »

Spoiler: -snip- (click to show/hide)
Does the mining station have an ATMOS? And if so, could I just turn that on high?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: April 29, 2013, 12:42:36 pm »

The mining station has a few big air tanks in the maintenance rooms, that's all. So yeah, you'll have to build an entirely new atmos system in each case.

You could also substitute gas chambers with a bunch (Think 12) canisters all connected to ports and volume pumps hooked up to filters and another one going out.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: April 29, 2013, 01:51:16 pm »

Hello there. I have spent the last little while adapting the police tape from BS12 and editing it. Check it out,
I'm pushing it to the git later, but take a look at it, and let me know what you think.
It includes both police and engineering tape, (Brig access is needed to pass through police tape, and engineering or atmos access is needed for engi tape) with new icons I made, because the old ones were shit. Tape works like this:

-Click on tape in hand and walk vertical or horizontal.
-When you've reached where you want to go, click it again.

-Police tape has a special feature, in which you can click on doors to tape them up.

-To break tape, click on it with an empty hand.

-To break tape if you have the proper ID, click it without help intent on, clicking it with help intent will raise it and allow people without the proper ID to pass through.

Some exciting photos!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: April 29, 2013, 01:55:24 pm »

I almost forgot to share !!SCIENCE!! I did today:

- Cavity Implanted grenades can and will explode, however, the person whose chest the grenade is in is treated just as an epicenter of the explosion. In other words, the cavity implanted person is treated as though he'd been holding a live grenade in his hand.

- On the other hand, if you don't use the Smoke effect, the exploding grenade acts like a mini-spray of sorts, spraying concentrated chemicals from withing on nearby tiles and the implantee. As a side note, Toxins Bottle is more robust than it seems if only you manage to keep the victim away from Anti-Toxin - a small beaker in a grenade is enough to crit.

- I am not sure yet if it's random or specific to a chemical, but the range of spray varied between used chemicals - a beaker of Radium managed to dirty-bomb the ENTIRE Operating Theatre, rendering it dangerous to any personnel within.

- I came up with a rather nasty method of detonation, one that does not require your attention or presence once set up: a signaller-timer assembly. Of course, you could use, say, Proximity or Infrared in place of timer to essentially remotely take a person hostage for area denial. Might be a fun way to booby-trap your locker if you keep not-exactly-legal things inside - add a warning on paper in front of the locker and you're good.

That aside, other fun things: there is a Damp Rag spawnable, which holds 5u of chemicals, which I guess was supposed to be used in conjunction with Chloral to chloroformize undesirables, since you can smother people with it to transfer chemicals from within to them.

We ran a 5 people round, which, due to traitor startup derpness, had 4 traitors. As you can imagine, it was pretty crazy. I eventually Escaped Alone despite not having that as objective after a prolonged firefight (AWESOME!) ended with a well-placed Cargo-ordered parapen.

@Glloyd: awesome, any news about porting BS12 robust health? Wonder what would happen if we just snatched the whole file in Modules, would it work?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: April 29, 2013, 01:57:30 pm »

Very cool Glloyd.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: April 29, 2013, 02:13:06 pm »

@Glloyd: awesome, any news about porting BS12 robust health? Wonder what would happen if we just snatched the whole file in Modules, would it work?

No, because there's a few other factors that tie into it. Nienhaus is working on it right now, so we'll see what he comes up with.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: April 29, 2013, 02:13:32 pm »

Engineers have yet another thing to carry on them?! I'm already full of stuff on the job.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 1654