Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125815 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4530 on: April 28, 2013, 08:11:44 pm »

Just make sure someone is HoP and doing their job or Captain with some free time.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: April 28, 2013, 08:14:48 pm »

Though in rounds like the last one, where the Cap and HoP (I assume it was the HoP, whoever was second in command) both go braindead and the CMO does...I don't know what was going on outside much until blobbage, it'd be nice to have a little failsafe. Maybe not something that gives the whole job to the person, but maybe a little more option for what they can do to keep them occupied.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: April 28, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »

True, but when people just plain don't do the supporting job that you need to do anything worthwhile it makes it a bit of a pain. It's something that we might need to find a good balance between with a few of the professions.

Also, monkeyslime.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I failed so hard that round, got the guy I needed, then spaced myself *facepalm*

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: April 28, 2013, 08:25:42 pm »

I ran out of a pod to pull a carp and as soon as I tried to get back in it left. Goodbye, Axl (?) and Sir Honksalot.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: April 28, 2013, 08:27:51 pm »

That round there was no chemist and I was the CMO, but I was a traitor and I don't think I did any medical work whatsoever. I got made captain after the other heads went braindead though and I'd probably have given you chem access if you'd bugged me enough. It was a pretty short one, but I did enjoy it. Highlights:

- Get a pAI. This is the awesome "pasta" played by Dauntiful I think.
- Use codeword to identify a miner traitor. He has to assassinate the geneticist. The AI is also a traitor and also has to assassinate the geneticist. Poor guy. At this point the miner tells me the AI's with us, but I assume he means he's subverted it.
- Steal magboots objective which looked a bit tricky suddenly becomes trivial when I become captain early on as the only non-braindead head.
- Geneticist somehow lives long enough to give me X-ray vision. Then gets murdered after I give the miner all-access and ask the geneticist to set him up with powers
- I am a deliberately terrible captain cause I want to get the shuttle called now I've completed my objective. When carp show up I use it as an excuse to load up in security EVA gear so the magboots can be my legit footwear.  Pasta actually does more captaining than me as it recruits volunteers to fight the clowns. The clown kills the carp so I give him a laser gun
- Surprisingly, the clown continues to be the station's hero whenever carp show up.
- Blob eats virology. I don't bother to get anyone to fight it. I'm trying to confirm with the miner that he's ready to go, but I can't find him (possibly he was dead - OMINOUS FORESHADOWING)
- Comms cuts out
- Just as i switch on a station bounced radio, Axl comes up and "privately" tells me that he thinks something's wrong with the sec borg. This goes out on the station-wide comms. I promise to look into it.
- Declare that the comms outage and blob means I'm calling the shuttle. Do so.
- The secborg shows up after Axl's left. I ask it if there's anything wrong with it. It says no. This completes my promise to look into Axl's concerns.
- Chill out at escape, which is breached. There's just the QM (Axl), virologist (Man of Paper's char), heroic clown (Sir Honksalot?) and the sec borg.
- A carp breaks in! A ludicrous chase ensues as it goes for the borg. I try to shoot it but hit the clown (genuine mistake - sorry!)
- The clown kills the carp, but the borg is trashed. This is the biggest stroke of luck for me in the whole round.
- AI bolts all the doors. What??? I am confused
- I call the AI and it actually shows up - a nice touch. I ask it to unbolt the doors and it tells me it can't do that.
- The other crew have all left. Presumably to the pods. Just because escape is breached and I'm the only one in a suit...
- AI starts syphoning. I come up with operation "Fuck You AI"
- The shuttle shows up, and I put my plan into effect by blasting onto it with C4. People say emags are better than C4, but they won't open a bolted door. This is the second time C4 has saved my escape as a traitor.
- get on the shuttle with 3 seconds to spare.
- The AI's other objective was to prevent anyone from escaping on the shuttle. So very close! If that borg hadn't got trashed, we'd have been done for - I hadn't bothered to bring a flash with me.

I was going to ask what happened to my traitor-ally Werty, but looks like he posted while I was writing this. I thought the AI had got him. Well, we all space ourselves sometimes. In one round today I used the wrong setting on the hand-tele and ended up in space without a hardsuit or air tank...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: April 28, 2013, 09:04:18 pm »

Though in rounds like the last one, where the Cap and HoP (I assume it was the HoP, whoever was second in command) both go braindead and the CMO does...I don't know what was going on outside much until blobbage, it'd be nice to have a little failsafe. Maybe not something that gives the whole job to the person, but maybe a little more option for what they can do to keep them occupied.

Hack their room and borrow their ID. Get an engineer and the next in command to do it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: April 28, 2013, 09:46:50 pm »

Let's say that I wanted to build another Atmos system. We can assume that I have access to plenty of tools, can get circuit boards, and have a theoretically infinite supply of raw materials. We can also assume that I would not be doing this on the station. Is it possible to build it from scratch, or do I have to rip up an Atmos first?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: April 28, 2013, 10:00:25 pm »

Heh. Beating carp to death with a cane is fun. Also, no hard feelings about you shooting me. It was hectic, and shit happens. Also, sorry about deserting the round guys. It was fun being THE FIDDLER. I was actually a traitor, tasked with stealing a double barrel shotgun. Which was weird. I cut into bar storage, grab it, seal it up properly this time, and hide it in theater storage. I then think on how to get the shuttle called. I grab a syndicate bundle and I get a chameleon jumpsuit, voice changer, syndie shoes, and an agent ID. My inner clown busts out, and demands I become a vigilante, and sabotage stuff. So, I become, THE FIDDLER, dressed in a plauge doctor suit, an engineering hardsuit helmet, and insulated gloves, along with the traitor items. I also grab the violin, and set it to play "Imperial March" on 10x repeat. Then, I run around the station, blaring music and smashing lights. I also tried to make a bomb from some plasma tanks, but I heard a door open in engineering, so I bugged out. Then I was called out to do something, and had to go, having completed my objective.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: April 28, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »

Let's say that I wanted to build another Atmos system. We can assume that I have access to plenty of tools, can get circuit boards, and have a theoretically infinite supply of raw materials. We can also assume that I would not be doing this on the station. Is it possible to build it from scratch, or do I have to rip up an Atmos first?
Atmosia is a huge den of lag and villainy.  You can set your own up, to a large extent, such as refurbishing the derelict it'd be relatively easy.

The basic way that Atmosia functions, is that incoming air gets filtered down, removing all gasses, and then oxygen is pumped back out.  So it's basically "Take in 1,000 kpa of whatever is in the station, put out 1,000 kpa of O2."

The real problem with Atmosia is the gas chambers, which just let gas sit idle and move about, and the 7 or so in-line filters.  This tends to cause lag as the game has to handle all the gasses.  A more straightforward but less traitor-able method, would be to pump ALL the gas into a single chamber, then pump out only O2.  Just make the filtering simple and messy.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: April 28, 2013, 11:21:22 pm »

Atmosia is a huge den of lag and villainy.  You can set your own up, to a large extent, such as refurbishing the derelict it'd be relatively easy.

The basic way that Atmosia functions, is that incoming air gets filtered down, removing all gasses, and then oxygen is pumped back out.  So it's basically "Take in 1,000 kpa of whatever is in the station, put out 1,000 kpa of O2."

The real problem with Atmosia is the gas chambers, which just let gas sit idle and move about, and the 7 or so in-line filters.  This tends to cause lag as the game has to handle all the gasses.  A more straightforward but less traitor-able method, would be to pump ALL the gas into a single chamber, then pump out only O2.  Just make the filtering simple and messy.
I wanted to see if I could make the asteroid have a breathable atmosphere. I'm not so sure its possible, but I will think on it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: April 28, 2013, 11:27:11 pm »

I wanted to see if I could make the asteroid have a breathable atmosphere. I'm not so sure its possible, but I will think on it.
Once me and another bloke spent some time in sandbox building a base on the asteroid. We managed to give the rather large area a breathable atmosphere, but it probably wouldn't have lasted very long since we relied on portable canisters.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: April 28, 2013, 11:27:43 pm »

Any Space tile will remove atmosphere.  However, tunnels or structures could be pressurized.  The trick there, is that you don't breathe as much as you'd think.  It doesn't take a lot to pressurize an area, and it takes a long time to deplete the air.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: April 28, 2013, 11:29:58 pm »

Yep, Raptorinhat knows. She's a clever girl.

((Oh dear god I am so sorry Girlinhat. I just had to do it. The voices that rule my mind demanded it.))

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: April 28, 2013, 11:38:03 pm »

You could just not find excuses to blurt out whatever's on the top of your head...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: April 29, 2013, 12:46:32 am »

Have a look at ministation. Atmosia is just one chamber with an O2 tank in it. I don't know how it works exactly but you may be able to tease it apart fairly quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1654