Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125849 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4500 on: April 28, 2013, 09:16:16 am »

"This wounded guy went into medbay without asking me"
"Better shot him"

It's like America made a space statio-- oh

If anything, post-LCS America, since he'd been, you know, sedated and just thrown out with no harm done to him. And Medbay has those little Toxin Bottles handy if we wanted to actually harm him, but we didn't use those.

Well, Nanotrasen very much is a product of capitalism, yeah?

And run their stations in quasi-communist way, if you'd disregard the whole Chain of Command thing. Odd. Although BS12 added station economy couple of months ago, with vending machines demanding money from your ID-operated account. Though the system is very annoying to use when you have to swipe your ID to buy a snack.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: April 28, 2013, 09:23:51 am »

Vactor, you really need to admin someone in GMT 0, because if we end up with a gamemode that we have insufficient numbers for, and no admin to change it, we have to wait several hours before we can play.
I wouldn't be able to at the moment, but after Exams (So June onwards) I'd be able to Admin GMT 0 if it were required :P

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4502 on: April 28, 2013, 09:43:04 am »

Vactor, you really need to admin someone in GMT 0, because if we end up with a gamemode that we have insufficient numbers for, and no admin to change it, we have to wait several hours before we can play.

Admins are elected by the current admin body now, per the admin charter in the OP.  Find someone in that timezone, and get an admin to sponsor them.

KG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: April 28, 2013, 09:47:26 am »

I think the AI shouldn't be able to acces the telecomms computer. It makes comms scripts almost worthless, since somebody can just say "AI, wipe all telecomms scripts." and have them be gone.
Well, Unless the AI is a 'traitor' it can't force the password(AFAIK) so the AI needs to ask the CE or get his borg to check it out.
The scripting computer just requires an ID, so the AI can use it.
You're talking about the other computer.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: April 28, 2013, 10:09:44 am »

When on small rounds, you get shit like this: Half or more of the crew are traitors and there's a chain of assassinations on each other. The chaplain had to steal an ablative vest, the scientist had to kill the chaplain, the CMO had to kill the scientist, and I had to kill the CMO.

Exactly why it needs to be fixed. I don't really have time to go diving for the relevant code today, so unless someone else wants to hack something up, it may take a couple days.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the /tg/ map update with the fancy maintenance tunnels has been merged. It'll be active whenever Vactor updates.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:23:22 pm by Glloyd »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: April 28, 2013, 12:28:03 pm »

When on small rounds, you get shit like this: Half or more of the crew are traitors and there's a chain of assassinations on each other. The chaplain had to steal an ablative vest, the scientist had to kill the chaplain, the CMO had to kill the scientist, and I had to kill the CMO.

Exactly why it needs to be fixed. I don't really have time to go diving for the relevant code today, so unless someone else wants to hack something up, it may take a couple days.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the /tg/ map update with the fancy maintenance tunnels has been merged. It'll be active whenever Vactor updates.

Just go to config/game.options.txt, scroll down and uncomment #TRAITOR_SCALING. I think Vactor probably knows that already, though, so it's just a matter of time until he restarts the server or something. Also, we can set the GATEWAY_DELAY to one minute (600 ticks, I guess?). We can also give assistants maintenance access or prevent the borgs/AI from speaking except by roundabout, special means (maybe the service borgs have a purpose now!). Fun stuff in there. Also, we can allow ghosts to spin chairs again, IF DESIRED. Might be neat to play around with some of the functions (not sure if they work).
Also often called Boowells.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: April 28, 2013, 12:33:24 pm »

Mute AI/Borg is the worst idea ever.

The gateway is shut down because there's currently nowhere for it to go to.

Ghosts spinning chairs sounds decent, actually.

Assistants with maintenance access will simply be more likely to muck about with the pipes and die to electrical shock without anyone noticing.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: April 28, 2013, 12:36:01 pm »

I'm reading the gamemode code right now. It appears that, despite us having scaling on, it nevertheless acts as though we had it off, generating maximal possible traitors. It appears that if we had 4 people online at round start, each one would be a traitor, and there is exactly 1/16 chance that all of them would have to kill their fellow traitor in that case, and 1/16 that they'd all end up with Steal.

Why do we get unscaled traitors I don't even. It's uncommented.

Also, digging through config, I found a couple of things we might want to enable, actually, like respawn.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: April 28, 2013, 12:37:34 pm »

When was ghosts spinning chairs removed? I was a detective a couple weeks back complaining about the floor not being level because my chair kept spinning. Might have been an admin though, since I got sniped by an immovable rod later that round. If that's how rods work.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: April 28, 2013, 12:40:58 pm »

When was ghosts spinning chairs removed? I was a detective a couple weeks back complaining about the floor not being level because my chair kept spinning. Might have been an admin though, since I got sniped by an immovable rod later that round. If that's how rods work.

Again, something is terribly wrong if we don't have chair spinning, since it's uncommented.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: April 28, 2013, 12:46:30 pm »

Also, digging through config, I found a couple of things we might want to enable, actually, like respawn.
No. Permadeath in all but sandbox is a good idea, because it stops people going rambo on the traitor.
'Oh, I died. Welp, respawn, and have another go!'
This. Respawn being on would not do anything good.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: April 28, 2013, 12:50:11 pm »

Yeah, but only in these special cases, like when we rebuilt the derelict.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: April 28, 2013, 01:04:55 pm »

In which case, the admin on duty is able to respawn with tools they already have.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: April 28, 2013, 01:15:31 pm »

unless it changed with the new version, admins can toggle respawn on and off at will.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: April 28, 2013, 01:21:24 pm »

As in shot by a chemist for trying to heal myself when there where sec officers.
The chemist was defending his post, which is perfectly valid.

Better question, why were you trying to heal yourself if there was a chemist on duty?
Because the chemist said they would NOT help me. and how the fuck was i endangering him?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1654