Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125878 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4470 on: April 28, 2013, 12:35:29 am »

CAVITY IMPLANTS ARE BACK!

Quick!  What's the BEST thing to implant into someone?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: April 28, 2013, 12:35:49 am »

Paperwork.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: April 28, 2013, 12:45:23 am »

We REALLY need that config fix. 4 antags in a group of 10 REALLY doesn't work.

Edit: Testing on another server: Nar Sie vs. Singulo, Nar Sie wins every time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:54:30 am by Glloyd »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4473 on: April 28, 2013, 01:03:00 am »

We REALLY need that config fix. 4 antags in a group of 10 REALLY doesn't work.

Edit: Testing on another server: Nar Sie vs. Singulo, Nar Sie wins every time.

I can turn off traitor scaling, but that means only 1 antag.  Unless we go code diving to adjust the traitor scaling, which should be relatively simple.

KG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: April 28, 2013, 01:29:42 am »

snip
Know what's funny? If you shove scrdest in a jacket, he rages over ooc. Yet he does it to other people.

E: I think traitor scaling should be 2 traitors for ten people, three for fifteen and four for 18/20. Rounds have been much more tense since there are always 4 traitors, and this scale will makethat there are generally more traitors.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:36:13 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: April 28, 2013, 01:34:35 am »

Science is a cruel and kinky mistress...

Metal Foam is a grenade type (or not grenade) that when mixed, shoots out foam, which quickly hardens into makeshift walls.  They can be broken by hand, but they seal in atmosphere, useful for quick patch jobs.

Meta Foam Grenades can be implanted into someone's chest and triggered, causing them to work as intended.  I can only assume that thick rubbery foam shoots out of every orifice and pore and quickly hardens to metal.  It is the most brutal thing I've done to a person in my SS13 career, and it caused no actual harm.

Shortly after, I implanted an active pAI into the same person's chest.  Everything worked exactly as intended.  I'm not sure how door jacking would work, with the wires and all...

Before this, I implanted an active Station Bounced Radio into a humanized monkey corpse, which worked perfectly.

However, you cannot put someone's own brain into their chest...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: April 28, 2013, 01:40:17 am »

Read the new rules, they look good; I'm glad we finally got something down in writing. There is a minor formatting error. 'Command/Security' under the Additional Policies should be italicized to conform with the style of the other headers.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: April 28, 2013, 02:03:37 am »

The SEC-cyborg last made my sides split. He interrogated a plant, about it's whereabouts at noon or midnight, the precise time he was unsure of.
Then I was activated as a PAI, and then stuck into someone. It was kinda wierd.

Then the next round, I had a directive of checkmating other chessplayers. Oh, admins.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:09:05 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: April 28, 2013, 02:10:37 am »

When on small rounds, you get shit like this: Half or more of the crew are traitors and there's a chain of assassinations on each other. The chaplain had to steal an ablative vest, the scientist had to kill the chaplain, the CMO had to kill the scientist, and I had to kill the CMO.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: April 28, 2013, 02:21:37 am »

The SEC-cyborg last made my sides split. He interrogated a plant, about it's whereabouts at noon or midnight, the precise time he was unsure of.
Then I was activated as a PAI, and then stuck into someone. It was kinda wierd.

Then the next round, I had a directive of checkmating other chessplayers. Oh, admins.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Although normally, I play service borgs to annoy the hell out of people with their uselessness.

Metal Foam is a grenade type (or not grenade) that when mixed, shoots out foam, which quickly hardens into makeshift walls.  They can be broken by hand, but they seal in atmosphere, useful for quick patch jobs.

Meta Foam Grenades can be implanted into someone's chest and triggered, causing them to work as intended.  I can only assume that thick rubbery foam shoots out of every orifice and pore and quickly hardens to metal.  It is the most brutal thing I've done to a person in my SS13 career, and it caused no actual harm.

Actually, it just occurred to me: why don't chemists use those grenades more? They could quite easily counteract the constant bombs that toxins seems to be outputting (3 rounds of straight bombings put me a bit at unease with scientists and Toxins).
Also often called Boowells.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: April 28, 2013, 02:22:57 am »

Because mind breaker grenades are so much more fun! Duh.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: April 28, 2013, 02:27:18 am »

Now we just need heartbeat sensors to make poly smoke grenades that explode when you die.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: April 28, 2013, 03:55:19 am »

There used to be a way to rig up a suicide bomb vest, but nobody ever used it because it required body armor and it was easier to just run up to the person you wanted to kill bomb in hand or something.

I know it required a medical analyzer, though, maybe make those more available (pretty please? With some medkits on top?) and have those as the activator?
Nothing important here, move along.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: April 28, 2013, 03:56:52 am »

Hi. I wanna play. What's the server's name so I can join.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: April 28, 2013, 04:00:17 am »

Server's off the books, please read the OP (that's 'original post' for you youngsters out there who somehow missed out on techna lingua class) and go from there.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1654