Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125929 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4410 on: April 26, 2013, 08:38:48 pm »

Well, given that the smelter and sorter do all that work for you... and you can also stick other tools/a shovel or pickaxe in your belt, which you can't put in your backpack.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: April 26, 2013, 08:47:34 pm »

I like mining. I'd do it more, but I also like being an antag on the main station. Since I seem to usually be an antag when I'm on (I swear only like 2 of us have the antag options on), it makes it a hard choice to be a miner.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: April 26, 2013, 09:03:25 pm »

(I swear only like 2 of us have the antag options on)
Which is pretty terrible. More people should have their antag options on (if not everyone but newbies), 'cos otherwise you can just guess who the antags are - which isn't really fair on them.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: April 26, 2013, 09:47:25 pm »

Wow. this round is fun.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: April 26, 2013, 10:05:02 pm »

I was expecting aliums so I made fortune cookies saying things about finding and losing close friends and meeting new people.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: April 26, 2013, 10:23:10 pm »

The cap was a huge ass.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: April 26, 2013, 10:52:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Congress (version number here).

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: April 26, 2013, 10:55:53 pm »

I'm a gangster trouble maker. Redfox made me traitor with the objective Steal an AI in a round with no AI because he and Neinhaus and someone else I guess were playing their own game, so I summoned a powersink, C4, and a detomatix. I went to the bar, and said to Axl, "I'm a traitor. I have an impossible objective." Then I 'acted suspiciously' and 'tiptoed suspiciously away'. I detonated the engineers that I could, then went and placed the powersink under the black clothes locker near engineering. Then I went outside engineering, and pulled up the floor, then cut the Engineering main wire and put the floor back. Then I went around and snipped the solar wires.

Then I broke into the armory and stole two guns and the ablative, then I went to EVA and blew open the back wall, for no reason at all. Then I went to telecoms, but the singularity I had released (by shutting off power to Engineering) had already eaten most of Telecomms, so I wandered into escape and broke out the windows there.

Someone else apparently set off plasma in Arrivals hallway, so everyone had to dash to the Shuttle. Then on the shuttle, I shouted at everyone that I was a traitor, that I had shut off the power and stolen a bunch of crap.

Round ends, and J/L says, "Whoa, he really WAS a traitor."

In short, I ruined the station in the span of a few minutes, because all the other 8 or 9 players than the two admins and whoever they had CHOSEN were just wandering around doing nothing, and the admin decided to make me a traitor because I said, "Well, glad the admins are having fun." Anyways.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: April 26, 2013, 11:15:56 pm »

You could have cut someones brain out, stuck it in an MMI, and MADE an AI. Then immediately stolen it.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: April 26, 2013, 11:38:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Congress (version number here).
Well also added 3 folders with 2 papers in each of "Todays Topics" and a moving filing cabinet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: April 27, 2013, 04:21:04 am »

what are the conditions to strangle somebody?
I made a bit of experimenting with a willing target. 95% of the times, I click on upgrade, I grab by aggressively, and it stops there. there is no further button to ugrade the grab. Only once I managed to make the "kill" button show up, but I am not sure why that happened.
What allows somebody to grab kill smebody else? both hands were free, the toher person wasn't resisting
(by the way, that other person also claimed to have the same problems with grab)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: April 27, 2013, 04:24:29 am »

Was your intent on kill?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: April 27, 2013, 04:30:33 am »

it wasn't, because I don't get the option to go that far.
unless you mean that I have to switch to harm during the grab?
edit: just tried the "switch intent mid grab" idea. obviously, didn't work.

so, how does it work for you? first you click on the person to grab passively, then you get, in your hand, the option to "upgrade" and after that "kill"?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:35:03 am by andrea »

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: April 27, 2013, 04:44:32 am »

Upgrade, then disarm, then kill. I think. I haven't tried it since the update, or for a long while really. It used to happen a lot because I didn't realize I could click the swap button to switch hands.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: April 27, 2013, 04:47:03 am »

well, with old grab I could do it too. The problem is that there seem to be a new factor in the new update. ( also, disarm doesn't exist anymore)
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1654