Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126094 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4350 on: April 26, 2013, 09:27:38 am »

You can also place runes under secret doors, like in the corners of maintenance tunnels. There's a specific swath of maintenance that could be good for that, the one just above arrivals that isn't connected to any of the others.

But there generally seems to be a lot of disorganization in cult rounds. The one time I got converted the only person that appeared to give a non-zero amount of fucks was the mime who converted me, which obviously isn't the best of companions.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:29:28 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: April 26, 2013, 09:41:46 am »

Besides people hacking them, who ever visits showers?
I do when I accidentally hit myself and get bloody.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: April 26, 2013, 09:49:20 am »

I do, whenever I feel bored and want to grab the rubber ducky.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: April 26, 2013, 10:00:49 am »

Also, if it's just experimentation and the cult haven't committed any crimes, you might be able to RP your way out of permabrigging if you get caught. I think next time I'm a cultist it'll be the station for me.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: April 26, 2013, 10:10:55 am »

Besides people hacking them, who ever visits showers?
I do when I accidentally hit myself and get bloody.
I do when I am janitor and feel the need to clean the toilets when there is nothing else to do.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: April 26, 2013, 10:13:49 am »

To make makeshift weapons:

First, get some rods, cable, and either a glass shard or wirecutters and a battery depending on what you want. Make cable restraints and use the rods on them to get a wired stick. From there, use a glass shard to make a spear (That you can multigrasp. It does about 13 damage when you stab someone) OR use the wirecutters to get a cheap-ass stun baton. Attach a battery, turn it on like a normal baton, and use it to stun someone. A stun with a high-capacity cell takes 17% charge. Use a screwdriver to take the battery off.

You can use a stunprod to beat people, like a baton. On the chest it does a useless 3 damage, same for the head.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:16:53 am by Jacob/Lee »

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: April 26, 2013, 11:07:52 am »

How does the stun compare to a regular stun baton?

Also, I would think a multigrasped spear should do more damage than a circular saw, which does 15.  You can stick the saw in a pack, I assume you can't do that with the spear, right?

Ah well.  Stun gloves were a bit meta-ey to begin with, although I'll miss the utility, I do think it's a step in the right direction.  I like the idea that at least I'll know if someone's approaching me with a weapon, unlike the undetectible stun gloves.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: April 26, 2013, 11:18:21 am »

They have about the same time as stun gloves. You can at least put the prods in your pack, not sure about spears though.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: April 26, 2013, 11:21:41 am »

stun is shorter than that of a stun baton. more comparable with the old stun gloves, really.
however, unlike stun gloves stun spears can be used several times, while still fitting in the backpack. Personally, I like them more.

I can confirm that spears won't fit in backpack, nor in the belt slot.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: April 26, 2013, 11:23:42 am »

How does the stun compare to a regular stun baton?

Also, I would think a multigrasped spear should do more damage than a circular saw, which does 15.  You can stick the saw in a pack, I assume you can't do that with the spear, right?

Ah well.  Stun gloves were a bit meta-ey to begin with, although I'll miss the utility, I do think it's a step in the right direction.  I like the idea that at least I'll know if someone's approaching me with a weapon, unlike the undetectible stun gloves.

The thing is, there is only one circular saw on the whole station IIRC, meanwhile a, say, Rev QM or Engineer can mass produce spears very cheaply:

Order 50 metal, 50 glass, haul to Warehouse, make and break some windows, which takes what, two hits?, make rods, grab some cable from Art Storage, make restraints. Boom, you just made a bunch of weapons nearly three times as robust as the classic toolbox/crowbar. Best served chilled. Contact a doctor before stabbing someone.

Andrea, you could use stungloves several times. Just not many, it depended on what cell you used. But with the Hyper one in Primary Tool Storage, at least 4 times.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: April 26, 2013, 11:31:53 am »

The reason TG removed stungloves in favor of these things was to make doing stuff like that more overt, less anything else. So people can see bad stuff coming instead of being paranoid of absolutely everyone wearing gloves in any given round.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: April 26, 2013, 11:32:56 am »

You can make saws with the autolathe, too.

Also, Congress. Gotta use the construction area for something, you know?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: April 26, 2013, 11:46:51 am »

Also the station starts with two, one in robotics, one in the operating theatre

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: April 26, 2013, 11:51:11 am »

I really want to play a cult round I can enjoy.  When I got converted last night I got dumped out with no tome and no information.  It's the equivalent of lolflashing in a rev round - people will argue it's different, but it's really the same.  I was suddenly part of the cult with no information or equipment without any talking or even attempt to go in voluntarily.  I was Owl Man.  And Owl Man would adore a crazy space cult.

For a cult, it's important to know where the cameras are, and where the AI won't notice a camera missing.  Getting Cargonia involved into the cult could be a massive bonus, as there's the cargo shipments, the warehouse room where you can usually cut the camera without question, and mining access.

In fact, mining in general.  If you can get mining/cargo and Science involved, then you've got everything you need to do anything.  Mining can provide infinite resources, which is admittedly only optional, and Science can provide things like new cloning tanks to be built in secret.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: April 26, 2013, 11:56:25 am »

I think the unbackpackable spear should do at least 20 damage, given how inferior it is to a circular saw.  A mining pickaxe can't be backpacked, but it can be used with 1 hand.  I think you should get some extra damage out of two handing a super obvious weapon.  I suppose you could just assemble it at the point of use, then take it back apart...
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 1654