Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126074 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4335 on: April 25, 2013, 08:10:25 pm »

After looking through the game modes on the wiki, I really want to try a blob round now.

Eh, whenever the blob spawns in a normal round everyone just starts meta-gaming the hell out of it. Not terribly fun. Plus it's a random event now, so blob rounds are a little bit obsolete, I think.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:21 pm »

After looking through the game modes on the wiki, I really want to try a blob round now.

Eh, whenever the blob spawns in a normal round everyone just starts meta-gaming the hell out of it. Not terribly fun. Plus it's a random event now, so blob rounds are a little bit obsolete, I think.

Blob rounds never occur randomly anymore. And frankly, I could care less if people meta about blob because it would be annoying to RP the same thing over and over. Which is also why I dont really have a problem with other meta situations (knowing how to deal with aliens, cultists, revs, nuclear ops, what have you).

Job meta should be controlled though~

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: April 25, 2013, 10:53:50 pm »

All hail the cult of summon him on the shuttle because we've run out of time. We have summoned nar-sie to some odd location roughly half-way between the station and centcomm. There it will devour... erm.... well, mostly just a shuttle full of followers.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: April 25, 2013, 10:57:27 pm »

I may have failed to stop the shuttle from coming, but you have to admit, it was a cool entrance. Teleport in, saw there were two or more of you, said oh shit to myself, EMP talisman to disable all your guns. Then dance for the stuns Unfortunately there were two of you, you were faster, and I only had one stun talisman. And your stun batons still worked.

I had hoped there would only be one, and I could pretend to be on your side, step up, stun you, cuff you, recall the shuttle, then let in my comrades.

Also, can we PLEASE cut the research out of cult? That just makes it take so much longer now that stungloves are out and early recruiting is harder.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:59:30 pm by Kaitol »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: April 25, 2013, 11:02:49 pm »

Also, can we PLEASE cut the research out of cult? That just makes it take so much longer now that stungloves are out and early recruiting is harder.
No.

Also, no more of this abusive asshole head/security thing. Frankly, I started it because I practically GM'ed a few rounds but people seriously are taking it too far. It's not a major issue, security abuse isn't rampant, I just don't want to see it anymore. I'm not going to promote roleplaying that much anymore, it worked at first but most people don't give a shit, which is understandable. I'll just stick with medium roleplaying from now on, thank you very much.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: April 25, 2013, 11:08:38 pm »

I may have failed to stop the shuttle from coming, but you have to admit, it was a cool entrance. Teleport in, saw there were two or more of you, said oh shit to myself, EMP talisman to disable all your guns. Then dance for the stuns Unfortunately there were two of you, you were faster, and I only had one stun talisman. And your stun batons still worked.

I had hoped there would only be one, and I could pretend to be on your side, step up, stun you, cuff you, recall the shuttle, then let in my comrades.

EMP talisman? Damn. I needed one of those.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: April 25, 2013, 11:13:28 pm »

Jesus Christ, that mutiny became painful even for me. I need to take a break from head of security - and probably every head/security role - for a while. Any changes to slime breeding with the newest revision?

On that note, I'm genuinely sorry for... Whatever the fuck that was. This has been a strange night, and I hope this never happens again. Sorry to BD, Nienhaus, Karlito, and anyone else who suffered emotional, mental, and/or physical injuries from that clusterfuck of an endgame.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: April 25, 2013, 11:27:32 pm »

I'm probably not as sorry as Jacob is, but I do feel bad for having ruined anyone's fun, in any way at all. I really only aim to improve the round for those around me, and if I'm not doing so, just Ahelp and ask the admin to tell me so. To be honest, at some point, I hope someone tortures me half as RP-effectively as I torture other people. I might actually have more fun being the victim, in the future. Everyone else seems more ready to just murder someone, or permabrig, or what have you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: April 25, 2013, 11:27:53 pm »

Before I drop off for the night...
Thanks for the update, Vactor. Appreciate it.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: April 25, 2013, 11:34:29 pm »

On that note, I'm genuinely sorry for... Whatever the fuck that was. This has been a strange night, and I hope this never happens again. Sorry to BD, Nienhaus, Karlito, and anyone else who suffered emotional, mental, and/or physical injuries from that clusterfuck of an endgame.

I thought it was alright, actually. Well, maybe not alright, but I had fun anyway; the whole round leading up to that was boring. I'm just miffed you managed to escape in the end.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: April 26, 2013, 12:36:19 am »

Boring for you. Tense as hell for the cult. They discovered some runes someone left around really early and three of us were in engineering and they were eyeing the hell out of us. Man I almost wish they had meta'd more just to make it more tense :P

And trust me. You were about to have a lot of "fun" when the round ended abruptly. We were making cult constructs and arming everybody with stun and emp talismans and cult robes and blades. It was literally just getting to the spillover into mass slaughter point when the shuttle called and we were just like "The fuck you say? But we haven't even made our move yet." If I'd brought backup with me and teleported them in instead of lone wolfing it trying to stop the shuttle while they armed it would have went a lot differently. Still fun though.

Well, at least I have more experience as a cult leader. Next time I'll try just flat out ordering everyone in flat out BIG RED LETTERS to get their asses to the base and get armed and ready to roll from the get go. Seemed to get results. Or fuck. Just get a couple people with me and FORCIBLY summon all the other cultists to base. Granted having them just pop out of existence would be suspicious as hell. But Hell. Better a station that knows what's happening and a team of cultists working together then a clueless station and random cultists all over the place running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:18:09 am by Kaitol »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: April 26, 2013, 04:37:00 am »

I thought it was alright, actually. Well, maybe not alright, but I had fun anyway; the whole round leading up to that was boring. I'm just miffed you managed to escape in the end.

I thought it was fun. My multiple attempts to bribe security failed, and I was laughing so hard when I got pepper sprayed in the face. It was hilarious.
Also often called Boowells.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: April 26, 2013, 05:43:23 am »

New culinary invention: Vodkegg. Take one egg, inject with 15 units of vodka. Serve fresh.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: April 26, 2013, 07:01:18 am »

Actually, I'm wondering how necessary the whole "go into space" thing is for the cult. Sure, it's obviously the best thing to do, but it's also a big time sink. On these smallish rounds, there must be plenty of places on the station where a lone cultist could research with only a small chance of discovery - and it's not game over for the cult if one guy gets caught.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: April 26, 2013, 07:31:20 am »

maintenance tunnels are fine. If you are a miner, you can carve your own room in the asteroid. any not frequently used and dark place is good enough, if you remove runes soon.
if there is no AI, you can probably skip the dark part.
a possibility could be one of dormitories bedrooms. or the showers. Besides people hacking them, who ever visits showers?
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1654