Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126286 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4185 on: April 23, 2013, 09:29:10 pm »

Staying as we are won't grant us any significant population changes at this point, if we stay as we are now we'll have roughly the same playerbase. Going public is an option, but that means we'll have to mix our glorious b12 genes with inferior commoner genes deal with more idiots and griefers than normal. Advertising on different forums might work, but considering the stigma towards the original BS12 server that won't end up so great (Seriously, a lot of people in the SS13 community hate BS12.) The easiest option, unfortunately is going public. If we ever did this, we'd HAVE to eliminate any inactive admins and recruit more, ensuring that each one is a quality admin. So either we stay small and safe, or become big and having griefers be rather commonplace.

We'd also have to decide exactly how much RP we want to enforce, and put it in the rules. If we want more RP than usual, we'll have to have admins willing to enforce it along with making sure that random people abide by those rules. So really, we should decide sometime in the future whether or not we want to be a big server or not.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: April 23, 2013, 09:35:36 pm »

***BZRRT*@%*&%%@#(*(#*&#*2338

Avast!

Captain Dreadbeard ahoy!

Haha, so didst thou enjoy pirateinvasion gamemode?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: April 23, 2013, 10:00:57 pm »

Avast!

Captain Dreadbeard ahoy!

It's decent once you actually declare that it's pirate mode.  Without a prompt, much of shitcurity is like "stay at your job" so it needs to be well known that we're in a "everyone needs to fight" mode.  Botany got told to back off for half the round because we 'weren't trained' and that killed the fun for half the round.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: April 23, 2013, 10:33:45 pm »

Avast!

Captain Dreadbeard ahoy!

It's decent once you actually declare that it's pirate mode.  Without a prompt, much of shitcurity is like "stay at your job" so it needs to be well known that we're in a "everyone needs to fight" mode.  Botany got told to back off for half the round because we 'weren't trained' and that killed the fun for half the round.

Stay in your gardens where you will be raped and pillaged. That doesn't sound fun.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4189 on: April 23, 2013, 10:37:56 pm »

There's no reason we can't both add our own stuff and merge most of /tg/'s changes once we're rolling with github.  There's some hazards with making sure changes remain compatible, but it should be doable.  For example, I'm adding an admin panel to create and manage polls on top of current /tg/ code.  As a counter example, recent /tg/ changes affect the library database, and it may be a pain to port over to their more recent code.  I'll look into coming up with something to port existing works over.

Also, lay off on the server updating hints.  Vactor already stated he's working real-life stuff right now, and will get around to shifting over to the git repo at some point.

KG

EDIT:  Did I say the library table would be a problem?  Nah, just the glories of SQL.  We'll port the old books over:
Code: [Select]
USE tgstation;

INSERT feedback.erro_library (author,title,content,category) SELECT author,title,content,category FROM library;

SELECT * FROM feedback.erro_library;
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:35:07 pm by kg333 »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: April 23, 2013, 11:02:52 pm »

Avast!

Captain Dreadbeard ahoy!

I hinted at it pretty heavily through the command reports.

There's no reason we can't both add our own stuff and merge most of /tg/'s changes once we're rolling with github.  There's some hazards with making sure changes remain compatible, but it should be doable.  For example, I'm adding an admin panel to create and manage polls on top of current /tg/ code.  As a counter example, recent /tg/ changes affect the library database, and it may be a pain to port over to their more recent code.  I'll look into coming up with something to port existing works over.

I agree. Personally, I would love to get the gateway up and running. It would add another level to the game, and make extended rounds have SOMETHING to do.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:07:20 pm by Glloyd »

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: April 23, 2013, 11:22:28 pm »

I want the Gateway so bad.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: April 23, 2013, 11:40:37 pm »

I want the Gateway so bad.

Me too.

(Mainly I just want to map the away destinations, hehe)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: April 24, 2013, 12:03:21 am »

That xenobiology stunt was pretty ridiculous, even though I was the AI. Sorry about that. I honestly didn't trust the virologist to not get himself hurt by a slime, even a baby. Those things are mean.

On that note, there should be a rule that says a normal AI can't restrict work areas like toxins. Unless a place like xenobiology has become a wretched hive of slimes and villainy, normal operation should be allowed.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: April 24, 2013, 12:58:15 am »

The funny part is, he was a traitor who had to steal a Slime extract.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: April 24, 2013, 02:48:44 am »

----
 If we ever did this (going public), we'd HAVE to eliminate any inactive admins and recruit more, ensuring that each one is a quality admin. So either we stay small and safe, or become big and having griefers be rather commonplace.

I'd suggest that you also have to eliminate incompetent admins that cause more issues then they solve, but self-termination is a bit rough on the ego, aye?

It's silly, but it works well for my servers[context: Not always ss13 servers]; Setup some rules, just for admins. Real simple and obvious stuff, but ensure its enforced and that people start off with a culture of checking on each other.

-Trial admin phases

-1st Ban worthy offence => Timed ban. Perma bans should never be the very first response to a issue, getting a new beyond id and even hardware ID (which many bans are based on) is very easy and if you anger someone, they can easily grief the hell out of the server on there own, avoiding all bans until you ban the ip range and then you're just crippling your userbase (and even that might not stop some).

-State a ban reason, either in your ban-statement (No, one word things like "Idiot" "robustedme" "noraison" are not okay) or in a quick pm exchange with a player. I used to have that you have to provide a screenshot or log with the ban cause, but that was quite effortful, so you can either have that for trial/junior admins or/and only in the case of perma bans.

-Keep track. Who was banned, why? The ss13 admin interface provides nice ways to input that information, so make use of it!

-For all that is holy, if you are community manger or server owner, please, go "undercover" on your own server, login with a different beyond account and watch the powercraze of some admins (not releated to this server, yet). Then don't be shy about removing them.

-Regulate punishments somewhat. Admin A will give you a jobban from CE and atmos tech for flooding the station with n20. Admin B will perma ban you if you add 90% oČ instead of 80%.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:51:57 am by ThtblovesDF »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: April 24, 2013, 07:44:36 am »

The funny part is, he was a traitor who had to steal a Slime extract.
That surprises me not one bit.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: April 24, 2013, 08:26:35 am »

So, I join in late as the HoP and see an engineer with a jetpack running around, so I ask him where he got that jetpack. He explains it. I tell him that I saw on the alert computer that there were fires in Engineering, so we go check it out. I leave him to it and go to security to get some handcuffs in case things go rough, and see the HoS's ID and some armor lying around. I noticed that the pod was flooded with plasma. The engineer's pAI yells for help. I make my way to Engineering and see the captain running around in HoS gear and arrest him. He was the traitor and I found proof. The player continues to complain the rest of the round over OOC that I'm terrible in everything and that I'm a metagamer and says that everything I do is wrong. Yay.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: April 24, 2013, 09:00:16 am »

So, I join in late as the HoP and see an engineer with a jetpack running around, so I ask him where he got that jetpack. He explains it. I tell him that I saw on the alert computer that there were fires in Engineering, so we go check it out. I leave him to it and go to security to get some handcuffs in case things go rough, and see the HoS's ID and some armor lying around. I noticed that the pod was flooded with plasma. The engineer's pAI yells for help. I make my way to Engineering and see the captain running around in HoS gear and arrest him. He was the traitor and I found proof. The player continues to complain the rest of the round over OOC that I'm terrible in everything and that I'm a metagamer and says that everything I do is wrong. Yay.

A. Hyperbole much? Elaboration futher in the post.
B. I am expecting to be banned for that, because apparently I'm scourge of the admins or something, so there goes fair judgement. So whatever.
C. So, you've seen there are fires around and as every rational person, you went to Security for cuffs. I assume you planned to arrest the plasma for vandalism and not, say, hear a voice from heavens telling you a traitor did it.
D. OK, so you saw me and shot me and cuffed me - I'm fine with that. But then you make a beeline for Permabrig, strip me, put me into Straightjacket + cuffs, find an emag and magically know it means I'm with Syndicate. At that point I complained. Then I got permabrigged and almost died due to rabid vending machines.
E. Shuttle soon to arrive, you haul me into Escape. I loudly think about making resisting cuffs less silly (removing unbuckle-buckle derpiness by adding a timer that would stop while you are moving and, if it is stopped for X seconds, resets back to 2 minutes). Apparently that's a twoplusungood thoughtcrime and complaining and let's bash me in OOC.
F. Around one minute until shuttle arrives at CentComm, I get shot to death out of blue. Meanwhile, I'm being yelled at for allegedly saying that you are 'terrible in everything and everything you do is wrong'.

Like I said, apparently I'm a special snowflake because every time I complain I am wrong and bad and let's ban me, so I don't expect much. Just writing that to give my account of the events.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: April 24, 2013, 09:39:07 am »

A. Hyperbole much? Elaboration futher in the post.
B. I am expecting to be banned for that, because apparently I'm scourge of the admins or something, so there goes fair judgement. So whatever.
C. So, you've seen there are fires around and as every rational person, you went to Security for cuffs. I assume you planned to arrest the plasma for vandalism and not, say, hear a voice from heavens telling you a traitor did it.
D. OK, so you saw me and shot me and cuffed me - I'm fine with that. But then you make a beeline for Permabrig, strip me, put me into Straightjacket + cuffs, find an emag and magically know it means I'm with Syndicate. At that point I complained. Then I got permabrigged and almost died due to rabid vending machines.
E. Shuttle soon to arrive, you haul me into Escape. I loudly think about making resisting cuffs less silly (removing unbuckle-buckle derpiness by adding a timer that would stop while you are moving and, if it is stopped for X seconds, resets back to 2 minutes). Apparently that's a twoplusungood thoughtcrime and complaining and let's bash me in OOC.
F. Around one minute until shuttle arrives at CentComm, I get shot to death out of blue. Meanwhile, I'm being yelled at for allegedly saying that you are 'terrible in everything and everything you do is wrong'.

Like I said, apparently I'm a special snowflake because every time I complain I am wrong and bad and let's ban me, so I don't expect much. Just writing that to give my account of the events.

I was not there, but looking at what scrdest said, permabrig without a trial? ಠ_ಠ

Anyways, this is something to PM the admins and keep out of the thread.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1654