Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126304 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4170 on: April 23, 2013, 05:57:01 pm »

Maybe make the thermoelectric researchable like the PACMAN series generators?

Exactly.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: April 23, 2013, 06:16:59 pm »

You can get rid of the temperature problem too, via Genetics, but I couldn't remember pressure what do, so I wrote Spacesuit. But it's either that pressure damage is due to no air, or if not, it's a bit more complex, but doable with Toxic Compensation + Toxin Filter symptom combo. Then it will turn the pressure brute damage into toxin damage which will be healed by Toxin Filter symptom.
Actually, you can do this via medicine as well.  Dexaline Plus will resolve O2 deficiency, and Leporazine resolves cold damage.  You can make a 25/25 pill of both, and chug a few to stay warm and oxygenated in the dead of space.

Curiously, spacing seems to cause Brute damage, so a few pops of Bicardazine would also resolve this, probably some Dermaline as well for minor burn damages caused in space.

Doing some maths...  300 each of Dexaline+ and Leporazine would make 6 pills.  D+ produces in batches of 30, and L in batches of 20.  So 10 and 15 batches worth.  This should suffice you to survive in space for a surprising amount of time, and only cost 60 energy from the chemist (max 50 energy per machine, recharges slowly).

Pressure seems to cause damage, I believe that's mainly brute damage, which can also be cured with meds.

But again, so does an oxygen tank - you need a constant supply of a resource that gets used up as you go, no matter if it's Oxygen or Meds. Meanwhile, in the grim Biotechnologyness of the 25th century, there is only self-sustaining synthesis (alliteration, woo!). Toxycombo (Toxic Compensation + Toxin Filter combo is an awful lot of typing) + Self-Respiration + self-heating gene means you are now pretty much invulnerable as long as the damage you get does not exceed the threshold of what Toxycombo can heal over time (which I must investigate).

For bonus transhumanism points, add Sneezing. Enjoy the station turning into a bunch of virtual immortals sneezing at each other until they die of old age (although there's a symptom for that as well, Eternal Youth).

Also, I need to write a book like "100 things to do as Virologist". And I probably will, once we *cough*update*cough*. Sorry, must've contracted a spess virus.*cough*
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: April 23, 2013, 06:55:37 pm »

Gee, it sure would be nice if the server was updated. [/blatant_hint]
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: April 23, 2013, 07:10:02 pm »

I think he got the message. In five different languages. Telepathically signaled into his brain with fog horn morse code.

I for one lament the loss of stun gloves. They were SO USEFUL for early recruiting for cult. Now I'll have to waste talisman charges.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: April 23, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »

I think he got the message. In five different languages. Telepathically signaled into his brain with fog horn morse code.

I for one lament the loss of stun gloves. They were SO USEFUL for early recruiting for cult. Now I'll have to waste talisman charges.

Or build stun batons.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: April 23, 2013, 07:12:25 pm »

Or ASK people to convert. *GASP*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: April 23, 2013, 07:19:00 pm »

*Knock Knock*
"Hello, have you heard the good word of Nar-Sie?"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: April 23, 2013, 07:20:22 pm »

*Knock Knock*

The only time I've ever been a cultist, I was totally willing to convert... And they syringe gun'd me and dragged me into the Illicit wing, converted me real fast, then dumped me outside. It was pretty unfun that way, I would have preferred to be AWAKE for it.
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: April 23, 2013, 07:21:56 pm »

OKAY. PEOPLE. THE TUNNEL EXTENSIONS ARE NOT PART OF /tg/! They were not added to the main repo.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: April 23, 2013, 07:23:06 pm »

OKAY. PEOPLE. THE TUNNEL EXTENSIONS ARE NOT PART OF /tg/! They were not added to the main repo.
The tunnels that spawn on the mining asteroid?  I'm not fond of those.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: April 23, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »

I want to dive through the code, and maybe make a way for the thermoelectric generator to be made without admin intervention. It'd definitely add something for bored engineers to do on slow rounds, considering how long it takes to set up and the amount of space it needs. All I'd really need to do is to add in a way for the circulators and generator to be made, maybe create a circuit board for them. It's an idea.

Code-diving is a rather interesting adventure, you can find the occasional gem that allows you to do long-forgotten tricks, such as the ones I uncovered lately with stamps and showers which, although not world-shattering, are rather fun to play with occasionally. Good thing you reminded me, I'll go code-snorkeling later on today, unless I fall asleep beforehand u_u.

That aside, I'm slowly accumulating my ninety-five theses to be nailed to my computer with things we really really should add. Thermo, BS12 robust health system, Pirate mode (when someone makes the ship) and a couple of other things come to mind.

YES, I personally love the BS12 health system. In my mind, an ideal server would have the code of BS12, but the gamemodes and ruleset of /tg/. That is the ultimate server. And yes, code diving is quite fun, there's some interesting stuff hidden in there. It's nice to do when I have spare time. Which is how I figured out that the thermo generator still works.

Away missions!

I would also like to see us play a day or two with the MetaStation map or any other map. We should also give the standard tg map with the tunnel extensions a try.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. AWAY MISSIONS ARE FULLY POSSIBLE. BUT until (or if) we fully branch from /tg/, I doubt it will happen. There are a few people here (myself included) who know how to activate the gateway, and I would LOVE to take it upon myself to finish some of the unfinished away maps, but I don't think it will be implemented on our server until (or if) we branch from /tg/.

I want to dive through the code, and maybe make a way for the thermoelectric generator to be made without admin intervention. It'd definitely add something for bored engineers to do on slow rounds, considering how long it takes to set up and the amount of space it needs. All I'd really need to do is to add in a way for the circulators and generator to be made, maybe create a circuit board for them. It's an idea.
Should be relatively easy to make a ThermoGen Crate for QM to order.

That takes away the point of it. It'd be better to have something to make from scratch IMO.

hoooooooooooooooo
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: April 23, 2013, 07:58:29 pm »

Branching off from /tg/ is unfortunately unrealistic at the moment, we only have a few coders after all. Hell, we don't even have a large playerbase and only really have medium sized rounds towards the end of the week.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: April 23, 2013, 08:02:46 pm »

*Knock Knock*

The only time I've ever been a cultist, I was totally willing to convert... And they syringe gun'd me and dragged me into the Illicit wing, converted me real fast, then dumped me outside. It was pretty unfun that way, I would have preferred to be AWAKE for it.

I like a good hazing, but knowing why you are being hazed is a good thing.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: April 23, 2013, 08:24:51 pm »

Branching off from /tg/ is unfortunately unrealistic at the moment, we only have a few coders after all. Hell, we don't even have a large playerbase and only really have medium sized rounds towards the end of the week.

Exactly my point. It won't happen unless our playerbase grows.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Goddamn space pirates.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was asking for it with a line like that, huh? Right after I say it I'm attacked by homing-missile pirates.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:19:57 pm by Jacob/Lee »
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 1654