Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126328 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4155 on: April 23, 2013, 02:32:27 pm »

Guys. Your books are both pretty.

Now, I went for a code-dive to check for the latest changes on /tg/ in a more in-depth way. WE NEED AN UPDATE NAOW! is one thing that comes to mind:

- Yup, Stungloves are dead and gone, although should a need present itself, there are both lethal and non-lethal improvised spears to compensate. Need to check for horribadness.

- Five O'clock Shadow beard style added (at last). Detective just got 36,765% more Detective-ier.
- Teleport just got much much much cooler. Goodbye random spacing, hello being turned into... well, lets say classic horror enthusiasts can guess. Although all the other possibilities for a change are intact and just as likely. And you can do a test fire to make 100000% sure it's all good.

- Virologists won't have to break into Chemistry to be able to do any meaningful work. Now they can break into Chemistry OOOOORRRRR break into Mining! Translation: Plasma is now a very very very powerful virus mutagen. You still need Synaptizine to remove unwanted symptoms though. So, Virology, now with 100% Breaking and Entering. Or, you know, asking, but who does that?

- HoP can open and close job slots. It's a very well thought-out system, so you cannot, say 'lolover9000captains', but you can assume control in absence of Captain, close Captain job slot and open HoP job slot, so it all evens out. Or, if traitor, discreetly close HoS slot and reduce Sec slots. People, especially AI, can however detect the change.

- An old addition, which makes it all the more jarring we don't have it, is the upgraded UI, which is rather nice and doesn't look like an ordinary hyperlink unlike what we have now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: April 23, 2013, 02:34:50 pm »

Note to self: Don't read Cupcakes at night while the station is infested with clowns. Not good for your mental health.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: April 23, 2013, 02:36:32 pm »

Holy crap that sounds pretty awesome.

Note to self: Don't read Cupcakes at night while the station is infested with clowns. Not good for your mental health.
Long time no see Donuts.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: April 23, 2013, 02:37:20 pm »

Long time no see Donuts.
Yeah, I know.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: April 23, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »

Guys. Your books are both pretty.

Now, I went for a code-dive to check for the latest changes on /tg/ in a more in-depth way. WE NEED AN UPDATE NAOW! is one thing that comes to mind:

- Yup, Stungloves are dead and gone, although should a need present itself, there are both lethal and non-lethal improvised spears to compensate. Need to check for horribadness.

- Five O'clock Shadow beard style added (at last). Detective just got 36,765% more Detective-ier.
- Teleport just got much much much cooler. Goodbye random spacing, hello being turned into... well, lets say classic horror enthusiasts can guess. Although all the other possibilities for a change are intact and just as likely. And you can do a test fire to make 100000% sure it's all good.

- Virologists won't have to break into Chemistry to be able to do any meaningful work. Now they can break into Chemistry OOOOORRRRR break into Mining! Translation: Plasma is now a very very very powerful virus mutagen. You still need Synaptizine to remove unwanted symptoms though. So, Virology, now with 100% Breaking and Entering. Or, you know, asking, but who does that?

- HoP can open and close job slots. It's a very well thought-out system, so you cannot, say 'lolover9000captains', but you can assume control in absence of Captain, close Captain job slot and open HoP job slot, so it all evens out. Or, if traitor, discreetly close HoS slot and reduce Sec slots. People, especially AI, can however detect the change.

- An old addition, which makes it all the more jarring we don't have it, is the upgraded UI, which is rather nice and doesn't look like an ordinary hyperlink unlike what we have now.

There's also an auto shuttle call under certain condition. It's a 20 minute wait.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: April 23, 2013, 02:47:12 pm »

I can't wait for when we get the Plasma for Virology thing, because, well, it's the ULTIMATE freedom of using symptoms, but at a very high material cost.

On the other hand, I just logged onto /tg/ while the station was evacing, nicely asked the Chemist for some liquid Plasma, and before my bottle ran dry, I luckily managed to get Self-Respiration + Sneezing combo. For the non-Viro-savvy, it means a rapidly spreading disease which, when fully developed, makes Oxygen unnecessary. Combined with a gas mask and a spacesuit it makes you a veritable Homo Sapiens 2D-Spessi.

Pseudo-edit: also, they added electric razors. So you could shave. Nice touch. Oh, and you can convert MIDIs into Piano/Violin music now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: April 23, 2013, 02:54:01 pm »

For the non-Viro-savvy, it means a rapidly spreading disease which, when fully developed, makes Oxygen unnecessary. Combined with a gas mask and a spacesuit it makes you a veritable Homo Sapiens 2D-Spessi.
That's redundant...  "As long as you've got a spacesuit, you're set to go in space!"  I mean, sure, it's decent for removing need for air, but until you get the internal warmth you've not done a whole lot.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: April 23, 2013, 03:01:17 pm »

For the non-Viro-savvy, it means a rapidly spreading disease which, when fully developed, makes Oxygen unnecessary. Combined with a gas mask and a spacesuit it makes you a veritable Homo Sapiens 2D-Spessi.
That's redundant...  "As long as you've got a spacesuit, you're set to go in space!"  I mean, sure, it's decent for removing need for air, but until you get the internal warmth you've not done a whole lot.

You can get rid of the temperature problem too, via Genetics, but I couldn't remember pressure what do, so I wrote Spacesuit. But it's either that pressure damage is due to no air, or if not, it's a bit more complex, but doable with Toxic Compensation + Toxin Filter symptom combo. Then it will turn the pressure brute damage into toxin damage which will be healed by Toxin Filter symptom.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: April 23, 2013, 03:11:55 pm »

I was in that round and found it somewhat useful : )

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: April 23, 2013, 03:36:41 pm »

You can get rid of the temperature problem too, via Genetics, but I couldn't remember pressure what do, so I wrote Spacesuit. But it's either that pressure damage is due to no air, or if not, it's a bit more complex, but doable with Toxic Compensation + Toxin Filter symptom combo. Then it will turn the pressure brute damage into toxin damage which will be healed by Toxin Filter symptom.
Do this. That way we can safely space the clown.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: April 23, 2013, 03:55:00 pm »

Do this. That way we can safely space the clown.

Sure, I will. When you *cough, wink, nudge* update the server *cough, wink, nudge*.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: April 23, 2013, 04:05:44 pm »

I want to dive through the code, and maybe make a way for the thermoelectric generator to be made without admin intervention. It'd definitely add something for bored engineers to do on slow rounds, considering how long it takes to set up and the amount of space it needs. All I'd really need to do is to add in a way for the circulators and generator to be made, maybe create a circuit board for them. It's an idea.

Code-diving is a rather interesting adventure, you can find the occasional gem that allows you to do long-forgotten tricks, such as the ones I uncovered lately with stamps and showers which, although not world-shattering, are rather fun to play with occasionally. Good thing you reminded me, I'll go code-snorkeling later on today, unless I fall asleep beforehand u_u.

That aside, I'm slowly accumulating my ninety-five theses to be nailed to my computer with things we really really should add. Thermo, BS12 robust health system, Pirate mode (when someone makes the ship) and a couple of other things come to mind.

YES, I personally love the BS12 health system. In my mind, an ideal server would have the code of BS12, but the gamemodes and ruleset of /tg/. That is the ultimate server. And yes, code diving is quite fun, there's some interesting stuff hidden in there. It's nice to do when I have spare time. Which is how I figured out that the thermo generator still works.

Away missions!

I would also like to see us play a day or two with the MetaStation map or any other map. We should also give the standard tg map with the tunnel extensions a try.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. AWAY MISSIONS ARE FULLY POSSIBLE. BUT until (or if) we fully branch from /tg/, I doubt it will happen. There are a few people here (myself included) who know how to activate the gateway, and I would LOVE to take it upon myself to finish some of the unfinished away maps, but I don't think it will be implemented on our server until (or if) we branch from /tg/.

I want to dive through the code, and maybe make a way for the thermoelectric generator to be made without admin intervention. It'd definitely add something for bored engineers to do on slow rounds, considering how long it takes to set up and the amount of space it needs. All I'd really need to do is to add in a way for the circulators and generator to be made, maybe create a circuit board for them. It's an idea.
Should be relatively easy to make a ThermoGen Crate for QM to order.

That takes away the point of it. It'd be better to have something to make from scratch IMO.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: April 23, 2013, 04:33:50 pm »

Maybe make the thermoelectric researchable like the PACMAN series generators?
Nothing important here, move along.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: April 23, 2013, 04:37:42 pm »

To Serve Man has been added to the library.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: April 23, 2013, 05:11:17 pm »

Actually, you can do this via medicine as well.  Dexaline Plus will resolve O2 deficiency, and Leporazine resolves cold damage.  You can make a 25/25 pill of both, and chug a few to stay warm and oxygenated in the dead of space.

Curiously, spacing seems to cause Brute damage, so a few pops of Bicardazine would also resolve this, probably some Dermaline as well for minor burn damages caused in space.

Doing some maths...  300 each of Dexaline+ and Leporazine would make 6 pills.  D+ produces in batches of 30, and L in batches of 20.  So 10 and 15 batches worth.  This should suffice you to survive in space for a surprising amount of time, and only cost 60 energy from the chemist (max 50 energy per machine, recharges slowly).

Pressure seems to cause damage, I believe that's mainly brute damage, which can also be cured with meds.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1654