Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126389 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4125 on: April 23, 2013, 08:01:31 am »

What is this stunglove removal you speak of?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: April 23, 2013, 08:26:17 am »

What is this stunglove removal you speak of?

Seriously?! Did they just remove the one thing that gave you the possibility to non-lethally get out of a combat situation is removed? So, right now, my options are:
a) Pray there is any security at all and able to help me
b) Clobber the assailant with a bottle/metal rod/shoes over the head until he stops moving - since /tg/ health is unrobust health, this means critting him, and this in turn means he's off, round over.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:32 am »

Hey, you can fall asleep as a brain in an MMI. How do you wake up?

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: April 23, 2013, 08:59:06 am »

Yup they removed the stungloves and added makeshift stun batons and uhh javelins/spears. So the main advantage of stungloves is absent as it's rather hard to ignore someone swinging at you with a club. I guess stungloves abuse is more of an issue on public servers.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: April 23, 2013, 09:26:28 am »

I'll try to make a decent pirate ship, any suggestions for what it should have?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: April 23, 2013, 09:26:57 am »

Is that update coming to Urist Mc Station?
At least that'll stop me from electricuting myself over and over through my wired and celled insulated gloves.

I believe the intent is that you'll be able to disarm them from their makeshift club, unlike stun gloves.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: April 23, 2013, 09:50:57 am »

Yup they removed the stungloves and added makeshift stun batons and uhh javelins/spears. So the main advantage of stungloves is absent as it's rather hard to ignore someone swinging at you with a club. I guess stungloves abuse is more of an issue on public servers.

Palm, meet face. I guess no-one had the bright idea to, say, change the sprites of stungloves to make them visually different from normal gloves and visible as stungloves on Examine? Given that they added makeshift weapons, they had to sprite new things either way, and it's way way simpler. Unless it indeed was about Disarm.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: April 23, 2013, 09:52:14 am »

Just so everyone knows, Girlinhat is now to be called Raptorinhat. Long story.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: April 23, 2013, 10:53:59 am »

b) Clobber the assailant with a bottle/metal rod/shoes over the head until he stops moving - since /tg/ health is unrobust health, this means critting him, and this in turn means he's off, round over.
Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: April 23, 2013, 11:01:24 am »

Janus is a creepy AI. He was the only traitor in a round last night and he very quickly copies me, the head of security, in his hologram. He proceeds to sit at my desk and ask questions about philosophy and ponders "hope." I should be used to it by now, but I stepped out of the security room and told Peppy about it anyway. Unsurprisingly, he locks Peppy, Oswald, Emmy, and someone else in the bar and syphons the air. I'm starting to develop trust issues with the station AI. :P

And I would have got away with it too, if I knew how to work Atmos in the dark! Or if I'd had a borg! Or if the clown hadn't FUCKING VANISHED ten seconds into the round, thus making my objective impossible to complete! Or if the captain hadn't been a twit and gone into my upload to upload a 'Obey the heads above all else law!' as Law 4 (Which doesn't work, IMO, it's under the others. Protecting myself comes before obeying the heads as far as that law is concerned. -.- )

So I laser-turreted the Captain right after I switched off Telecomms and bolted the door (You can open multiple interface windows as the AI all at the same time. It truly makes you feel like a computer when you can turn off half the station at once.) Then, I blithered around, helped the crew with some stuff.

Then Axl went to check the Personnel Monitoring Computer. I turned off Equipment for the APC real fast, and stood ready to bolt the doors and murderize Axl... But he didn't say anything, and I quickly said, "Daniel, please hurry with the engine, we appear to be losing power all over the place." So everyone goes into the bar, and is sitting around drinking... And I say, "I have a story."

"A story about an Evil Megacorporation. *Doors are bolted*"

"Uh, is this AI malfunctioning? *Panic syphon kicks on*"

"Of course not. Error: Definition 'Human' not found. No humans detected on station. *Turns on fire alarm, turns on panic syphon in the hallway, shuts down Chemistry equipment*"

There was way too many crew for me to keep track of though, and Franky Carterson tried to reset my laws, quite hilariously. I would have played along with it if I'd left Comms on. :P Eventually Axl broke into the upload, and Franky carded me. Then they took me on the shuttle and I taunted everyone the whole time.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4135 on: April 23, 2013, 11:09:28 am »

Waiting on kg's server for enough people to play traitorchan is annoying. :(

It is the alternate, so there's usually not enough people for many game modes.  Was the main down?

Also, in other news, there is a slightly revised /tg/ ruleset and an admin election system currently under review by the admins.  It should be finalized by the end of this week. 

We will also be finishing our switch over to github for the codebase, since that makes it a lot easier for people to hop in and contribute.  If you'd like to add to the code, simply register on github, fork the github repo listed in the OP, and change whatever you want.  You can then submit a pull request to ask that it be added to the main code.

KG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: April 23, 2013, 11:45:55 am »

Guess it's time for me to learn code. I'd love to make a psychedelic hardsuit and hardsuit helmet, and gloves, just so I can run around in a complete set of psychedelic clothes during sandbox. And minor things, if they're allowed,  such as changing internal order to Suit storage > pocket > pocket > left hand > right hand. I've died to taking a big ol' gasp of plasma from a tank in my hand a few times.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: April 23, 2013, 11:53:19 am »

Guess it's time for me to learn code. I'd love to make a psychedelic hardsuit and hardsuit helmet, and gloves, just so I can run around in a complete set of psychedelic clothes during sandbox. And minor things, if they're allowed,  such as changing internal order to Suit storage > pocket > pocket > left hand > right hand. I've died to taking a big ol' gasp of plasma from a tank in my hand a few times.

The thing about Psychedelic Hardsuit is that it should be more or less trivial to add, but you need someone to SPRITE it. As for gloves, you can actually spawn a Clown's crayon and wash any gloves you want with it for Rainbow Gloves, which should fit Psychedelic suit.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: April 23, 2013, 12:42:02 pm »

You forgot backpack slot, there. You should put that last because of jetpacks so its a non-issue, but that would be good enough to push to TG, and they are taking some of the stuff we have coded in thus far.

Also, Vactors server hasnt been updated in a month, so a lot of the nicer stuff we have coded in are not even live yet. Vactor just hasnt updated it...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: April 23, 2013, 12:45:29 pm »

Also, Vactors server hasnt been updated in a month, so a lot of the nicer stuff we have coded in are not even live yet. Vactor just hasnt updated it...

VACTOR!!
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 1654