Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126397 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4110 on: April 22, 2013, 08:44:33 pm »

Stun weapons? Please.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: April 22, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »

Or release an army of rabid slimes on escape. Or block it off with an energy barrier while you hijack it. Or steal an RCD and wall it off.

Or just bomb it to fuck after you steal a spacesuit.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: April 22, 2013, 08:55:18 pm »

Same round.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I was the HoS and a wizard proceeds to board and EI NATH me. When I spawn as a ninja the first time, the first wizard had already been caught. I didn't know it, but he bodyswapped with Peppy and I proceeded to break Peppy out of jail and give her the wizard's shit. I stun her and take it back, give it to the real wizard, and he proceeds to bodyswap and shank me with an energy blade. I came back a second time, jaunted into the captain's quarters, and start telling my mission and background. He sneaks in and I activate stealth mode and energy star him, then stab him to death. I'm arrested and thrown in the brig, then he comes back as a new wizard. After pleading to be released so I can MAIM KILL AND BURN the wizard, Silas finally uncuffs me. I phase jaunt out of my cell with my gear, energy star him, and stab the new wizard to death again. The rest of the round was spent nearly being killed by various crewmembers. Being a ninja is awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: April 22, 2013, 09:11:25 pm »

(Ninja even on the forum? :P)
That was entertaining.

So, the captain got himself ending up in a straight jacket. Eventually he asked me to free him, but I'm not really sure how you do remove objects from someone as admin without spawning a dummybody, which wouldn't work in the middle of medbay. So I decided to spiritually free him instead (with his agreement) and blew up the captain. He then became the wizard who is apparently bad at remember which spot is which spell, killing a couple people while trying to disable tech. Then Axl became Ninja the first since he'd died. Original objective: Ninja the station. (definition up to him). He freed the wizard from the brig stole random items, freaked out at least one guy I think, got confused by bodyswitching, got bodyswapped by the wizard and stabbity stabbed. I decided to give him one more try, this time with the objective to kill the wizard without drawing blame to the Clan. He find the ninja/wizard/captain, blows him up, almost accidentally kills the new captain, saves him. The Engineering cyborg sees both of these things. Eventually he ends up in the brig after getting hit by choral by someone, and the wizard (forewarned he'd probably get murdered if he went near the ninja that killed him) pops up in the brig several times, then leaves each time. Eventually he is let out after much arguing about what he's doing here and him saying he is here to kill the wizard.

The round ended as it started, with the dead second wizard exploding as his 'death spell'.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: April 23, 2013, 12:16:21 am »

I have to say, It is kinda weird to date someone in-game.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: April 23, 2013, 02:36:19 am »

It... is...

Anyway, I always saw "Escape alone" as the one time I get to robust fully, but truth to be told, the crying in ooc/forums that happens afterwards isn't nearly worth the effort. Which is very little effort, really. The most easy way, imo, without getting banned for turning the station into atmos-based-doom;

-mess with radios /alternativly, cmo-hydro or para pen
-talk to a person. Anything that warrants a response.
-stand next to them, right click, pull.
(or replace above with water on floor or a shocked door "I'm helping")
-Open active portal, move. (apply chloral or para pen at this step if you didn't take out the radio)
-bye.

I really enjoy building a off-station place with air and heat, as well as basic materials and some food, then teleporting people there to restart society as they see fit, free off there old rules. Just like in the Bioshock games, it rarly works, mostly its just ooc crying or a load of afk people-corpses.
________

But yeah, maybe escape alone should be changed to "be the onlyone on the main escape shuttle to escape", to promote a more peaceful approch (and make it more clear).

________

Some code suggestions;

Welding fuel in a light blub => fire, please?

And give those two some interaction if they are in the same room (I was working on a save all the animals thing, was somewhat disapointed...)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:46:38 am by ThtblovesDF »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: April 23, 2013, 02:45:34 am »

the problem is that it is easier to kill / scare everyone first , than trying to predict who will choose the shuttle.
even destroying the escape arm is not a sure way, if security decides to try their hardsuits or you have miners on the station.
or more than 2 engineers for what is worth.
now, if you manage to cause such chaos that they won't dare to move anywhere... that is different.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: April 23, 2013, 04:15:37 am »

Waiting on kg's server for enough people to play traitorchan is annoying. :(

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: April 23, 2013, 04:27:47 am »

I did once manage to drag the singularity across the escape wing using a singu beacon once just as people started to try and get there.  I died but no one else got to it either haha
Nom nom nom

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: April 23, 2013, 05:23:34 am »

Traitorchan always makes me think of anime. "Traitor-chan, are we going to blow up the station yet?"

"Shut up, Tsuka-san, people can hear you!"

...That would actually be kind of entertaining. Have an NPC or something that just follows the traitor around, being incredibly annoying.

And is also nigh-on invincible and will quickly and brutally murder anyone who hurts her 'traitor-chan'.
Nothing important here, move along.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: April 23, 2013, 06:03:26 am »

It already works with Plasma in the bulb, and I reckon Welding Fuel is way too trivial to obtain in comparison to be usable for the same thing. Besides, Welding Fuel only burns when used in Welders, for all other intents and purposes, it's explosive (try shooting at WF Tank, or smoking Welding Fuel Cigarettes - I know I did - in both cases, BOOM! ensues)

Traitorchan always makes me think of anime. "Traitor-chan, are we going to blow up the station yet?"

"Shut up, Tsuka-san, people can hear you!"

...That would actually be kind of entertaining. Have an NPC or something that just follows the traitor around, being incredibly annoying.

And is also nigh-on invincible and will quickly and brutally murder anyone who hurts her 'traitor-chan'.

That's a good pAI for you.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: April 23, 2013, 06:10:57 am »

Bit late to start with realism, huh?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: April 23, 2013, 06:35:42 am »

Welp. That was Fun. Get to station, clone someone, set up singularity. Get announcement of meteor storm. -_- Hide in teleport access. Power goes out. Head to singularity, a meteor broke the containment field. -_-

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: April 23, 2013, 06:46:21 am »

It already works with Plasma in the bulb, and I reckon Welding Fuel is way too trivial to obtain in comparison to be usable for the same thing. Besides, Welding Fuel only burns when used in Welders, for all other intents and purposes, it's explosive (try shooting at WF Tank, or smoking Welding Fuel Cigarettes - I know I did - in both cases, BOOM! ensues)
Heh i coded in rigging fueltanks with normal assemblies and was just wondering if it's not too good.

In other unrelated news: /tg/ just merged the stungloves removal. Goodbye low access easy mode.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: April 23, 2013, 07:36:22 am »

Janus is a creepy AI. He was the only traitor in a round last night and he very quickly copies me, the head of security, in his hologram. He proceeds to sit at my desk and ask questions about philosophy and ponders "hope." I should be used to it by now, but I stepped out of the security room and told Peppy about it anyway. Unsurprisingly, he locks Peppy, Oswald, Emmy, and someone else in the bar and syphons the air. I'm starting to develop trust issues with the station AI. :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:38:12 am by Jacob/Lee »
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1654