Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126419 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #4050 on: April 21, 2013, 07:56:20 pm »

I hear a lot of traitors talking about being terrible and their robotic sidekicks bailing them out. It's starting to become a theme.

Cyborgs are incredibly powerful, so it's not surprising that the robots are able to bail traitors out, especially if the traitor is the RD, who is one of the only people with access to the robotics console that can shut the cyborgs down. When emagged, they get special items. For a 3 telecrystal emag, you can give cyborgs energy swords (standard), poly acid spray (medical), stun batons (engineering and mining), lube spray (janitorial), or even chloral hydrate beer (service).

Oh, also, security cyborgs get lethal lasers that recharge. I'm not a fan of rogue cyborgs. A decent emagged security cyborg can murder a large portion of crew before being disabled or shut down. I'm not a fan of rogue cyborgs at all. If a traitor roboticist can remove the robotics console and emag two cyborgs, he can switch them to security and janitorial and wipe the floor with almost all the crew, unless someone miraculously manages to get another console running (not sure if it's possible. I don't really play scientist any more). Or hell, even a standard cyborg and a janitorial would work fine.

Did I mention I'm not a fan of rogue cyborgs? Because I'm not. They're incredibly powerful allies, and it's almost always worthwhile to grab one as a buddy for traitor, if only for the added protection and/or access to the entirety of the station.

EDIT: Looked at the "electrified arm" sort of stun baton for the borgs. It's not as good as the stun baton, but it's still pretty potent, especially since it only takes 30 charge to use, which is very minimal for any borg who's not using a tiny battery.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:02:16 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: April 21, 2013, 08:03:39 pm »

The Engineering cyborg actually gets an electrical arm, which in addition to acting like a stun baton deals some amount of burn damage.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: April 21, 2013, 08:11:12 pm »

The Engineering cyborg actually gets an electrical arm, which in addition to acting like a stun baton deals some amount of burn damage.

Yeah, ha, that's what I meant. The miner gets an electrical arm, too.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, you know how the clown shoots himself in the foot with guns? I think I know of a way to trigger that with non-clown personnel, and possibly remove it from the clown. It'd make a funny way of punishing a crewmember and/or a traitor.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:30:49 pm by Knirisk »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: April 21, 2013, 08:13:45 pm »

Also, when you emag Beepsky do you have to do anything else special? Not much experience with traitoring, so I have no idea.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: April 21, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »

Also, when you emag Beepsky do you have to do anything else special? Not much experience with traitoring, so I have no idea.
You need to screw open the panel first (screwdriver of course), then emag.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: April 21, 2013, 08:28:05 pm »

unless someone miraculously manages to get another console running (not sure if it's possible. I don't really play scientist any more).

It's not just possible, it's quite easy. In that game I took steps to prevent it, but that was quite obviously traitorous activity and I'd have struggled to do it if I hadn't been the RD with a captain-level ID on a station with no security at all.

I do of agree that borgs are very tough and I have seen them win fights when outnumbered. I've also seen them locked down within moments and I've seen them taken down with flashes and weaponry, even with a traitor fighting alongside them. I kind of feel that they have potentially very significant disadvantages, and their high access and toughness compensates for this. I get the impression that they're overpowered in low-pop games, but become much weaker as the crew gets larger.

If I could choose any crewmember as ally they'd be near the top of the list, but they wouldn't be the first choice. If I could emag any crew, I'd choose the AI, captain, HoS, HoP, HoM, RD above the borg, and maybe the chemist and geneticist too. What really makes the borg special for me as a traitor is that it's the simplest way of getting another player on your side so you're not completely alone against the crew.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: April 21, 2013, 09:24:59 pm »

Barfight one result: Axl wins, is arrested
Barfight two result: Axl wins, is surprised by null rod to the face

Final fight: To be resolved. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: April 21, 2013, 09:32:15 pm »

It's not just possible, it's quite easy. In that game I took steps to prevent it, but that was quite obviously traitorous activity and I'd have struggled to do it if I hadn't been the RD with a captain-level ID on a station with no security at all.
There was one more board you failed to remove (at least judging from your account), and had someone with enough access been on the station it wouldn't have been hard to make a new computer.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: April 21, 2013, 09:57:07 pm »

Protip: If you need to kill Axl, get many bombs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: April 21, 2013, 09:59:00 pm »

There was one more board you failed to remove (at least judging from your account), and had someone with enough access been on the station it wouldn't have been hard to make a new computer.

Wait. That one? I had access to that one. I thought the RD did too or I would have made it. I should not have assumed the traitor was that thorough.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: April 21, 2013, 10:40:37 pm »

Gar Baren and his friendly(read:asshole) pAI who helps(read:insults mercilessly) him with his weight problems(read:morbid obesity)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: April 21, 2013, 10:47:14 pm »

That was the most fun I have ever had in SS13. Poor, poor me.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: April 21, 2013, 10:48:51 pm »

Gar Baren and his friendly(read:asshole) pAI who helps(read:insults mercilessly) him with his weight problems(read:morbid obesity)
There was also a ninja (who successfully avoided Axl but did terribly at, well, everything else except killing three carp in one death), and somehow a second ninja that I didn't make and yet appeared anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: April 21, 2013, 10:50:48 pm »

There was also a ninja (who successfully avoided Axl but did terribly at, well, everything else except killing three carp in one death), and somehow a second ninja that I didn't make and yet appeared anyway.

Yeah, the carp was terrible. I spawned in the middle of space and wasted half my jetpack fuel running from 30+ carp.

I was the one who survived, by the way. I also couldn't complete my objective because research had lost all power and no research had been done anyway.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:52:37 pm by Knirisk »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: April 21, 2013, 10:55:16 pm »

Can an admin come on? It's permanently delayed.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1654