Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124993 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3945 on: April 19, 2013, 09:21:03 pm »

I'm a fail 'ling, apparently.

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: April 19, 2013, 09:25:51 pm »

Note to self: The next time I get impregnated with an alien larva, get chestburst while standing directly next to a vent. Cause clearly if it happens when I'm 5 squares away from a vent I'll slaughtered in the half second before I can reach it.

Well, you nearly made it. I never thought it would feel so heroic to kill a newborn with a mining drill

Heroic to kill a newborn with a mining drill? Don't you mean heroic to stalk someone down the corridors with a weapon aimed at their back after they has just had an moment with that unknown cute 'lil critter that we had adopted as a pet?

I mean, if I didn't know better I'd think you fully expected an alien to burst out of my chest as if you had seen it happen dozens of times before. So much so that you didn't even have a one second "What the hell was that?" pause in your thinking. You were standing with a hammer feeding a quarter into a whack-a-mole machine.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: April 19, 2013, 09:46:51 pm »

Disco Dominik at his own private dance floor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: April 19, 2013, 09:49:32 pm »

[rant]One thing for space vines. CLOSE THE DAMNED FIRELOCKS. FOR FUCKS SAKE. Nothing is worse than clearing a room, moving on to the next one, and finding that someone passed through, and didn't close the damned firelock, letting the vines in again! And the chef didn't help, opening the locks in the kitchen, after I had cleared it, allowing the vines to get back in. I quit trying then, because fuck space vines, and fuck their tiny little hitboxes.[/rant]
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: April 19, 2013, 09:50:02 pm »

That round was fun.

I broke into AI Upload just to rescue the corpse of the HoS. I headed to arrivals pods where I came to face to face with a Space Carp. I dropped the body and had a yakety sax moment with it. Then I beat it to death with my bare hands and got into the pod with the corpse. The downside is that I left my labcoat in EVA, all hope was lost!
Think fast, act faster.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: April 19, 2013, 09:52:45 pm »

Note to self: The next time I get impregnated with an alien larva, get chestburst while standing directly next to a vent. Cause clearly if it happens when I'm 5 squares away from a vent I'll slaughtered in the half second before I can reach it.

Well, you nearly made it. I never thought it would feel so heroic to kill a newborn with a mining drill

Heroic to kill a newborn with a mining drill? Don't you mean heroic to stalk someone down the corridors with a weapon aimed at their back after they has just had an moment with that unknown cute 'lil critter that we had adopted as a pet?

I mean, if I didn't know better I'd think you fully expected an alien to burst out of my chest as if you had seen it happen dozens of times before. So much so that you didn't even have a one second "What the hell was that?" pause in your thinking. You were standing with a hammer feeding a quarter into a whack-a-mole machine.

Um... are you accusing me of being meta after you deliberately got your character infected so you could play an alien and then decided to "coincidentally" stop and hang around the vent near the vending machines even though your boss had told you to go to medbay?
I think my RP is reasonable.. I was asked to take you to medbay. You're my colleague who's just been attacked by an alien so it's not unreasonable I wouldn't want to leave you on your own. I was also carrying the dropped-off xeno so I could bring it to show the doctors. In fact I haven't seen much chestbursting in SS13 so I was surprised how quickly it happened.
As for "weapon aimed at your back" - I usually keep the hardsuit and drill on as a miner because I can't be bothered with the micro of changing clothes all the time. Nor do i think hitting out at a creature that's scuttling around you is unusual - that's practically instinctive when people think they're under attack. They get an adrenalin rush and the fight or flight instinct takes over.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:54 pm »

Huh, Admins got a little crazy with the events there. I guess because the Changelings were doing so poorly.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: April 19, 2013, 10:26:16 pm »

Um... are you accusing me of being meta after you deliberately got your character infected so you could play an alien and then decided to "coincidentally" stop and hang around the vent near the vending machines even though your boss had told you to go to medbay?

Dawdling in cargo and then at the vending machines? Yeah, don't do that. Get your ass to medical when an alien makes with the sexytimes in your mouth. Next time take me up on my offer of a pet cow.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:28:20 pm by BigD145 »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: April 19, 2013, 10:56:35 pm »

Play to win meta is worse than fun4round meta.

If someone wants to have some fun playing an alien, thats a lot better then a miner following them around with a drill and a murderous twinkle in their eye looking to murder said fun.

Plus its a lot easier to justify lollygagging from going to medical IC than following someone around with a drill.

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: April 19, 2013, 11:02:20 pm »

Since when is it meta to get out of your hardsuit when you return to the station? Or, for that fact, to go get a snack at the vending machine when you're hungry.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: April 19, 2013, 11:39:31 pm »

[rant]One thing for space vines. CLOSE THE DAMNED FIRELOCKS. FOR FUCKS SAKE. Nothing is worse than clearing a room, moving on to the next one, and finding that someone passed through, and didn't close the damned firelock, letting the vines in again! And the chef didn't help, opening the locks in the kitchen, after I had cleared it, allowing the vines to get back in. I quit trying then, because fuck space vines, and fuck their tiny little hitboxes.[/rant]
I know. That's sooo frustrating. But, in that round the AI had been corrupted by multiple ion storms, so it was probably to blame.

Had my first antag round in a long while tonight. With 2 humans and an AI onboard the station. And me the only head. With enough access to make the thing I needed....

Luckily the AI flubbed the singulo and we had to call the shuttle. Unluckily there were carp waiting at the pods. No one escaped.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: April 19, 2013, 11:59:40 pm »

To my knowledge, the AI was acting weird that round even before the storms (Bolting doors to all important places like telecommunications and the armory). I'm pretty sure he was inactive by then anyways, so it probably wasn't him.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: April 20, 2013, 12:01:21 am »

That's actually supposed to be protocol for blue alert. Plus I, as the Chief Engineer, specifically asked it to bolt a few places.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: April 20, 2013, 12:22:29 am »

He was definitely not inactive.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: April 20, 2013, 01:23:29 am »

Meh, bolting these doors is about as fun as bolting upload: not.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 1654