Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124929 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3900 on: April 18, 2013, 04:07:07 pm »

Bomb botany. Make them clean up the mess around the station before you'll fix it.
Nothing important here, move along.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: April 18, 2013, 04:09:44 pm »

The bombs were already busy being used to ruin the AI Uplink.  I had to resort to old fashioned lasers.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: April 18, 2013, 04:14:45 pm »

Back in my day we just called them "lasers". You darn kids and your blue spaces, and Single Aritys, and skater boards.

In other news, not to spark up another law debate, but there needs to be a 40K-style law set.
1) Burn the Heretic
2) Kill the Mutant
3) Purge the Unclean

That lawset seems airtight and in no way exploitable. Also, would probably be best used only on plAIers with consistently good RP. Or something. I dunno, damn 40K is all I can think about nowadays.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: April 18, 2013, 04:17:41 pm »

Back in my day we just called them "lasers". You darn kids and your blue spaces, and Single Aritys, and skater boards.

In other news, not to spark up another law debate, but there needs to be a 40K-style law set.
1) Burn the Heretic
2) Kill the Mutant
3) Purge the Unclean

That lawset seems airtight and in no way exploitable. Also, would probably be best used only on plAIers with consistently good RP. Or something. I dunno, damn 40K is all I can think about nowadays.

I see:

1) Burn the Chaplain
2) Kill slime-people/golems
3) Purge the non-heads

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: April 18, 2013, 04:23:31 pm »

2) Kill slime-people/golems

They're not human anyway. Most of the existing rule sets allow their deaths.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: April 18, 2013, 04:24:42 pm »

I don't think that non-heads would be necessarily unclean. I'd treat it as the mime, clown, and any assistants that aren't actually assisting anyone.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: April 18, 2013, 04:28:54 pm »

I figure since we have mutations available that any clearly obvious ones would be dealt with. Also, telekinesis equates to psykers?

Lock them in prison until they learn to manifest their new power properly.

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 18, 2013, 05:00:42 pm »

3) Purge the Unclean

Then people might actually use the showers! I got interrogated once because I RP'd my character having a shower in some free time. When the cult drew a rune there later it turned out I was the only character to have been in the shower rooms without wearing gloves.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: April 18, 2013, 05:01:06 pm »

So this kind of relates to the experiments with heat transfer pipes. My internet's been down the last couple of days, so in some spare time I had, I went diving through the code to see if the old thermoelectric generator could work on the current server. Everything I looked at suggested it could, you'd just need an admin to spawn the actual generator and the two side pieces (I forget the exact names, they look like turbines). I *think* everything else could be done by hand. It'd be worth trying one time on a sandbox round, so you could get the CO2 needed, and not make everyone hate you.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 18, 2013, 05:02:57 pm »

and not make everyone hate you.

We'll find a reason to. We always do.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 18, 2013, 05:29:56 pm »

I'd love to see the thermo engine at work.  And aren't you an admin, Glloyd?

We should do an Extended round, overseen by admins, where the only way to win is to get the thermo online from scratch.  Disable singlo, and leave solars unplugged at start, so the players have a power crisis.

In fact, would it be possible to add the thermo parts to the cargo shipment list?  Shouldn't be -that- difficult, I don't think...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: April 18, 2013, 05:36:50 pm »

3) Purge the Unclean

Then people might actually use the showers! I got interrogated once because I RP'd my character having a shower in some free time. When the cult drew a rune there later it turned out I was the only character to have been in the shower rooms without wearing gloves.

And then an antag hacks the shower and you die. Woo!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: April 18, 2013, 05:42:06 pm »

Bombing the vile den of criminals and ne'er-do-wells while I was actually the traitor? Nah, that's cool. Horrifically torturing the quartermaster on the bridge with a toolbelt, knife, and fire axe, repeatedly reviving him to torture him some more? That's pretty neat actually.
I'm going to get you back for these, just you wait and see :P

The first one was going to be way worse, actually, I was going to coerce you into confessing some awful things, then murder you with an energy sword while I cackled with glee. Then, bring all my evidence on the Securipod with me. So when we get to CentComm and all the people's are like, 'That guy is an evil murderous bastard!'
I could be like, 'Well, actually, here's the evidence backing up my story. *produces pictures, confiscated drugs, recordings, transcripts of recordings, comms logs, PDA logs, then gives personal testimony as one of the ONLY HEADS ON STATION* So. Yeah.'
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 18, 2013, 05:48:56 pm »

I personally always liked the thermal engine more. It's a bit slower to start, but I always thought it was easy enough and it's a lot less likely to fuck up and leave the station powerless and under threat.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 18, 2013, 05:55:54 pm »

I personally always liked the thermal engine more. It's a bit slower to start, but I always thought it was easy enough and it's a lot less likely to fuck up and leave the station powerless and under threat.
Right. The singularity feels like a "Call the shuttle!" button.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 1654