Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124898 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3885 on: April 18, 2013, 11:27:53 am »

Hardsuits are basically space suits with a slight armor value. They're sort of jack-of-all-trades, master of none, in that they have very limited protection against just about everything (with the exception of cold and vacuum, which they protect well against like the space suits they are).

You might want to try a double-chamber, with a space between two rows of windows that can act as a pressure and heat buffer.
Nothing important here, move along.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: April 18, 2013, 11:31:52 am »

windows were there merely for the purpose of quick testing. honestly, I half expected them to burst.
a glass door like the ones used in the default combustion chamber should work just as well. I think you can craft those with renforced glass.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: April 18, 2013, 11:36:10 am »

The default fire chamber has an airlock, no windows.

Although my own tests have shown that a reinforced window will stand up to such heat, so long as they're actually bolted to the floor and not left loose in position.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: April 18, 2013, 11:43:13 am »

they will withstand heat, but they will also cook the people behind glass and eventually even break the canisters outside.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: April 18, 2013, 12:19:07 pm »

a glass door like the ones used in the default combustion chamber should work just as well. I think you can craft those with renforced glass.
No, it's an airlock door with a pane of glass applied during construction.

Andrea, you sure? That screenshot shows a window that is neither double-thick nor reinforced. A double reinforced window should do the trick.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:23:10 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: April 18, 2013, 12:21:11 pm »

whatever it is, I want to use that.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: April 18, 2013, 12:36:44 pm »

You can apparently install a signaler onto an igniter.  I didn't try to do that yet, personally.

Code-diver Scrdest reporting in: assemblies can be created with a number of things: electropacks, signallers, timers, infrared sensors (think HL1's laser mines), proximity sensors (good ol' landmines, attach to a bomb/grenade to lethally surprise the nearest offended Head/Sec) and, for really Xanatos-like terrorists, mousetraps (could be used with twin hidden doors with a mouse between them to prevent anyone going into your super seekrit place).

Additionally, there doesn't seem to be any sort of limit of which device may be linked to which, so you could probably attach a timer to a signaller, the signaller set to send a signal to another signaller, which, for example, bolts the door. Or, you know, sets off your bomb.

I am sure you can, but where do you get an igniter?

Primary Tool Storage, on the table or, if there is none left, in the machine on the left (you might need to hack it for them).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: April 18, 2013, 12:46:40 pm »

The mouse traps can basically be used as a poor-man's proximity mine, too, since someone who steps right on it triggers the trap. Might also be useful for setting up a trap you can pick up later and re-set if it doesn't work.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: April 18, 2013, 03:18:55 pm »

hum the thing that I would probably like about mousetrap bombs too is that the normal prox one has such a delay that you can run right past it and escape the max blast radius if you aren't wearing eva.
Nom nom nom

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: April 18, 2013, 03:25:46 pm »

hum the thing that I would probably like about mousetrap bombs too is that the normal prox one has such a delay that you can run right past it and escape the max blast radius if you aren't wearing eva.

What about the infrared ones? I assume you could strategically deploy some in, say, Maint or other narrow corridor. Someone steps on a tile, crosses the beam unknowingly, soon after 'BOOM!'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: April 18, 2013, 03:32:43 pm »

I'm just sad that you can't hide pressure-sensitive asplosives under floor tiles.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: April 18, 2013, 03:41:31 pm »

I'm just sad that you can't hide pressure-sensitive asplosives under floor tiles.
No but you CAN place them under some object that people wouldn't be too alarmed to see laying about like say a tophat.
Nom nom nom

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:00 pm »

But then you run the risk of someone picking said item up (I'm looking at you, janitors who do your job), which would cause the prox grenades to be more effective.

However, there always seem to be huge piles of trash at vending machines that tend to get ignored... (I'm looking at you, 90% of the rounds where we have no janitor).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:06:56 pm by Man of Paper »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: April 18, 2013, 03:57:57 pm »

A stray backpack tends to be big enough to hide a bomb under, or you can stuff one inside with a proximity sensor that will detonate when someone checks it out.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: April 18, 2013, 03:59:13 pm »

I played in the /tg/ server a bit.  The botanists, clown, and chef were in cahoots.  The floor was LITTERED with "Soybread Slice" with banana peels underneath.  Invisible peels, under the large item, and causing all sorts of havok.

That was the round I almost beat a botanist to death...  My stun-gun ran out, so what was I supposed to do?
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1654