Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124799 times)

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3840 on: April 17, 2013, 03:39:46 pm »

I was so productive as a miner as well D: about 800 plasma and 600 metal >: I'll do it more often when I can and there are more active so you aren't starved for materials O:

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: April 17, 2013, 03:45:46 pm »

Or you could just breed some metal slimes. They give plasteel and regular metal right?
They produce Plasteel.  Another can produce Plasma.

Metal and Glass can be ordered from Cargo, though, as well as mined in MASSIVE amounts.  There's really SO MUCH IRON.

Regardless, the bomb plan was not executed very well.
The idea was to put in reinforced glass around the output valve, inside the fire chamber.  Then put a plasma canister inside and release it into the air - trapped behind the glass.  Then burn the room as normal.  The different here, is that the 6 tile fire chamber only burned 5 tiles, the 6th had untouched plasma.  Then drain the plasma out through the output valve and into a canister.  The idea here, was that heat transfers through windows, and loose gas will take heat.

It almost worked.  The big problems were that we introduced oxygen when we tore the wall down to get into the fire chamber.  So, the pure plasma turned into a mix of plasma and oxygen, that became superheated.  When pulled out from the room, it ignited inside the canister and produce about 25% plasma mix, with CO2 and Nitrogen pollutants, but the internal fire did raise the temperature VERY hot.  We had problems filtering the mixture, however...  Filters are tied to Atmospheric access, of which Science is not allowed.

I have another plan.  This one much simpler.  I'll try it shortly, but must away to shopping a little today.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: April 17, 2013, 04:35:31 pm »

I finish building the toxin room in the test area. I come back to send the canisters so I can start it. when I get out, carp spawns. therefore, it will go untested!
such a pity. I am sure it would have worked well, even if I didn't include an airlock for venting. the room was big enough to not need it.

It was refreshing to have enough space to lay down pipes.

edit: here it is without walls
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

as you can see, the exchange area is much increased, which should allow for better transfer. will be tested next sandbox round.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:39:20 pm by andrea »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: April 17, 2013, 04:43:09 pm »

I get shot with, I assume, Chloral by the CMO. He then injects me with toxins, AND my PDA blows up.

Does this keep Mr. Happyfuntime down? FUCK NO!

I assume you were the clown. Anyhoo:

- were you the traitor (due to PDAsplosion I guess not)
- was HE the traitor
- if both of those are false, why the fuck did that happen? Especially the Toxins part.

I understand that Clown is generally fair game for many kinds of abuse, but it seems we're having a trend here lately. I might actually be to blame, what with my rabid HoS awhile ago after which power abuse, especially during rev, started to be a standard, but it seems that it's becoming a standard that Head = do whatever you want [until Captain tells you otherwise, for non-Captain Heads].

There is a fine line between fun hijinks you can get away with as Head (say, shooting the clown with some Mindbreaker - AFAIK non-toxic, albeit messes with you hard) and power abuse (say, shooting the clown with LD50 of Chloral Hydrate, which seems to be as low as 30u - two full syringes).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: April 17, 2013, 04:58:02 pm »

I'm not fussed. I almost died, revenge was had.

Well, I got outright murdered as a non-traitor by a non-traitor captain, and Jacob_Lee's been posting things and there's been some server discussion and so on, so I'm rather attentive when it comes to such situations lately right now. The point stands - why did he inject you with Toxins of all things?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: April 17, 2013, 05:05:00 pm »

What exactly did I post that singled me out?

----
Clowns are like stress balls, if you beat your stress ball before pumping it with drugs. Expect violent handling.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: April 17, 2013, 05:19:10 pm »

Clowns also tend to do stuff that infuriates everyone, whether it be covering entire sections of the station with crayon runes or saying stuff to rile someone or everyone up to putting banana peels and mouse traps on the ground. Generally, getting the shit beat out of them is pretty thoroughly deserved.
Nothing important here, move along.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: April 17, 2013, 05:25:08 pm »

Possibly a case of being targeted by the traitor, and said traitor having friends.
Nothing important here, move along.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: April 17, 2013, 06:22:29 pm »

Just as an FYI, I'm travelling for work the rest of the week.  I'll be back by Saturday, so try not to crash the server.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: April 17, 2013, 08:52:50 pm »

Whew. My first time as a traitor was semi successful. I succeeded, but did not get away entirely free of suspicion. I was tasked with stealing the CMO's jumpsuit, and I was a Shaft Miner. So, I went to the 'Roid, grabbed the hardsuit and oxytank, and headed back to the station. I talked with Axl, got some Hyperzine pills from CMO, and spaced myself, traveled round the station, and cut my way through a wall. Now, I was getting pretty nervous here, so I ported in a Uplink implant, and just as it spawned, an engineer walks around the corner. I freeze, and he walks by. I had nearly crapped myself when he came back, and still didn't notice me. That or he thought I was an engineer. I cut my way into the office, and steal the jumpsuit from the locker, which the CMO had convienently left unlocked, thanks for that, and started putting the wall back up. I had made the girder, and found out, I didn't have a screwdriver, so I paniced and ran. Did some stuff on the 'Roid, came back when a bomb went off on the station, helped the engineers repair, and got on the shuttle when it was called. The most fun I've had as shaft miner in a while.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: April 17, 2013, 09:20:23 pm »

Not only did I notice you, a shaft miner, and your suspicious activities but I notified the HoS via PDA. Apparently he didn't see it or didn't care. I wasn't going to tackle you when you could have had a weapon on you.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: April 17, 2013, 09:27:27 pm »

Ah, so that was you eh? Well. You damn near made me crap my pants when you walked around that corner. I usually go for a stealthy traitoring in other games, and killing people is messy and dangerous.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: April 17, 2013, 09:39:58 pm »

You were as fast as me in a hardsuit and I had the ability to space myself fairly quickly. I could have stripped off my hardsuit, ran faster than you, spaced myself, got my hardsuit back on, pull out a spare O2 bottle and redirected my drift before leaving the z-level. Your hands were occupied with a box I did not recognize as belonging on the station. I don't think you could have gotten me and I would have had yelled over comms while hiding out in space for hours.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: April 17, 2013, 10:29:10 pm »

Shit. I need to check my PDA after I go AFK, I would've seen it.

Anyway, what happens when assistant Jaeger Metzer, clown Mistress Best (yes, really) and mime Axl Blyant team up and there's no security? Trash the brig, of course! Graffiti, broken windows, grilles in front of the doors etc.. I think I'll be the mime more.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:31:14 pm by Jacob/Lee »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: April 17, 2013, 10:55:47 pm »

Shit. I need to check my PDA after I go AFK, I would've seen it.

I should have told at least one other person, but with such a small crew there aren't many people able to gear up and act.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1654