Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124528 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3720 on: April 15, 2013, 10:37:10 pm »

http://vimeo.com/63987795

Fetch the plasma, boy.
Oh my god you monster that is so sad and beautiful and oh my god.  :'(

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: April 15, 2013, 10:42:36 pm »

http://vimeo.com/63987795

Fetch the plasma, boy.
Oh my god you monster that is so sad and beautiful and oh my god.  :'(
Space Adventure!!

---
CE was useless on solars and didn't understand any of the stations wiring. QM to the rescue running a lap around the station from the outside wiring everything because he can't get access to the airlocks. Hey Librarian. You seemed to have access to Engineering. Want to open some doors and help or just write things? Then Windows 98 helped out, got updated to Vista then 7, and all went to shit.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: April 15, 2013, 10:53:22 pm »

Necro seems to think that as AI, he can decide what jobs are allowed to be done on station. I understand that is permitted with interpretation of the laws, but I'm not going to play that game, where someone else is going 'No, you can't do that because I said so. Doesn't matter that it's on station for a reason and has a purpose other than killing people.'

That irks my tator. [/expression-of-anger]
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: April 15, 2013, 11:02:06 pm »

Yeah. Their using "this could hurt someone or lead to hurting someone" to basically do whatever they want and ignore whatever orders they want is a bit excessive. I'm willing to give AI's a bit of leeway, but flat out refusing Captain's orders that don't harm anyone is ridiculous. How am I supposed to upload a [You Are a Japanese High-School Girl With The IQ of a Rock] law when they keep bolting the upload and stunning anyone who goes in, whether they have lawful access or not.

The next time they try that I might just declare them possibly rogue and trying to protect their secret malicious law(s) and order them shut down until they can be reset. Two people can play the RP game.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:06:43 pm by Kaitol »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: April 15, 2013, 11:07:48 pm »

Yeah. Their using "this could hurt someone or lead to hurting someone" to basically do whatever they want and ignore whatever orders they want is a bit excessive. I'm willing to give AI's a bit of leeway, but flat out refusing Captain's orders is ridiculous. How am I supposed to upload a [You Are a Japanese High-School Girl With The IQ of a Rock] law when they keep bolting the upload and stunning anyone who goes in, whether they have lawful access or not.

Necro absolutely will not allow ANYONE in their upload, which is pretty meta-bullshit. There is a level of decorum expected of all players, this applies equally to AI and assistant: Make the game fun for everyone, not just yourself. Running up and ganking someone without cause is about the same as ignoring your laws by interpreting anything you don't like as 'possibly harmful to humans' IMO.

Eh, I don't want to clutter the thread with bitching again. If an Admin wants to talk about it, PM me and I'll talk about it, but I'm not going to make it a big deal. I just won't play with Necro anymore.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: April 16, 2013, 12:38:12 am »

Necro had his reasons. He was apparently trying to kill everyone.

The story is as follows.

I start off making bombs, the AI tells me that he doesn't want me to because it could put lives at risk. He locks down the toxins lab and everything, and there is a big argument against what the AI is doing. Eventually the captain comes down and breaks into the toxins lab for me so I can continue my work with making exploding instruments of death... I mean utility.

After a brief mishap with leaking plasma (my own careless fault) I assemble four bombs. The round goes on for awhile and eventually the captain has enough of the AI. Don't know the reasons there. But me, still bitter about the AI locking me out of my work, jumps at the chance for some payback, so I run to the captain outside of AI upload and offer my very particular set of skills.

The captain and an engineer (i think) disassemble the wall and I throw a bomb in, blowing up a sizable portion of the AI core room, including the turrets. I was standing a bit too close because I mostly have experience in making the bombs, not being around them when they go off. Mostly. So I get knocked down and deaf for a bit. Cap drags me out, and eventually we go back to finish the job, since the AI upload thing or whatever was still intact. I approach it and have a conversation with the AI. AI eventually tells me that it was going to kill us all.

I plant another bomb and leave.

Then we all ate mushrooms on the shuttle.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:50:22 am by Murmur »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: April 16, 2013, 12:43:06 am »

Also LOVE TRIANGLE! Gallant was with a mime that the bartender, good 'ol Jack Harkness himself, also fancied. Gallant was being quite the douche about it, too. Aaaand I came so close to shooting him..
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: April 16, 2013, 01:23:43 am »

He had no such intentions when I played with him. I think.

One of these days he will have egg on his face, and no traitor or singularity will stop me.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: April 16, 2013, 03:34:34 am »

So, I was reading the SS13 code today, and a comment left there gave me an idea. So I set to work testing that idea on the derelict:

After some initial errors involving containment fields crossing the middle of the square because I failed to switch one or another of them on (note to self: maximum distance between field generators is 5, not 4, spaces, exclusive), I finally got all the generators running. Only problem was I was inside the field...

Of course that wasn't actually a problem, since I had a handtele and a beacon placed just a short ways outside the field.

The goal of this test was to see if a 5x5 singularity could be contained indefinitely within a 7x7 containment field. The code suggests it could, as it is only the 1x1->3x3 and 7x7->9x9 transitions that are supposed to ignore field generators (this is what caused an earlier experiment to fail, I believe).

So, with a space ninja looking on and a power monitor linked directly to the collectors to tell me exactly how much this beauty could produce, I turned the accelerator on.

Everything's going according to plan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:11:18 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Kael von Wolfe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: April 16, 2013, 06:12:45 am »

I spawned as traitor librarian. Considering my poor access job, I wanted to try something new: using a voice changer and an agent ID to frame my target. sadly, it didn't work. But I like the idea, and forging recordings is nice.

I was the HoS that round. Sorry for ignoring your evidence - we were far too busy trying to work out what to do with the known traitor we had captured. It was a really neat idea though.

Sorry to BluWolfie/Meth. I gather you're pretty new to the game, and it sucks that you started as an antag. I hope the perma-brigging didn't put you off the game. It's much more forgiving when you're not a syndicate spy!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: April 16, 2013, 07:19:52 am »

I spawned as traitor librarian. Considering my poor access job, I wanted to try something new: using a voice changer and an agent ID to frame my target. sadly, it didn't work. But I like the idea, and forging recordings is nice.

I was the HoS that round. Sorry for ignoring your evidence - we were far too busy trying to work out what to do with the known traitor we had captured. It was a really neat idea though.

Sorry to BluWolfie/Meth. I gather you're pretty new to the game, and it sucks that you started as an antag. I hope the perma-brigging didn't put you off the game. It's much more forgiving when you're not a syndicate spy!

We need a book-binding machine and violin/piano (it's in the code) in the Permabrig. Possibly some other things, but these two are vital. If they are included, permabrig =/= 'round over for you, go die in a fire'. Right now all you can do is... uhm, possibly read books. Or write angsty poems nobody will read. Suicide really shouldn't be preferable to life imprisonment.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: April 16, 2013, 07:27:44 am »

I love being the HoS who does nothing while the mime and clown fight to the death. I even helped the mime at times.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: April 16, 2013, 07:57:25 am »

I love being the HoS who does nothing while the mime and clown fight to the death. I even helped the mime at times.
While I often disagree with your security, I only suggest you bring them to botany, get blood samples, and then provide hatchets.  The pods can help produce potato clown/mime for the loser.

EDIT: Anyone else having weird issues?  When I try to log into the server, it hangs up on a black map with a few visible wall mountings and it lags until it disconnects.  The last time I was on, my internet flickered and I dropped connection, would that have messed it up?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:21:11 am by Girlinhat »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: April 16, 2013, 09:28:33 am »

There's some interesting map changes on the tg git.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/364

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: April 16, 2013, 09:35:03 am »

There's some interesting map changes on the tg git.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/364
It's decent, but to me looks a little wonk.  There end up with awkward looking 'bumps' in the station as maintenance dead-ends extrude into space.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 1654