Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124153 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3585 on: April 13, 2013, 08:11:43 pm »

It's in OP.

Meanwhile, in /tg/
Quote from: AI
Buster  [145.9] states, "I seem to be able to access twenty first century internet."
Buster  [145.9] states, "I found a webcomic called  "Homestuck""
Buster  [145.9] declares, "LET READ IT IN CAPS!"
Buster  [145.9] declares, "A young man stands in his bedroom. It just so happens that today, the 13th of April, is this young man's birthday. Though it was thirteen years ago he was given life, it is only today he will be given a name!"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:14:42 pm by Girlinhat »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: April 13, 2013, 08:14:44 pm »

The lab one? That seems completely dead as well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:18:25 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 13, 2013, 08:27:10 pm »

Where is everyone? Nobody's on the other server, and Vactor's crashed

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 13, 2013, 08:56:12 pm »

My server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: April 14, 2013, 12:56:58 am »

So, BD ran an alium round to prove to us how bad that mode was.

...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: April 14, 2013, 12:58:21 am »

It was amazing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: April 14, 2013, 12:58:50 am »

Fuck, I accidentally ran a good alien round...

Ffffffuuuck.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: April 14, 2013, 01:11:11 am »

Yes that alien round actually really good. I even got to be on the Deathsquad at the end. I've never even seen the Deathsquad before!

Seriously cool stuff. I think that round really convinced me to stick around on the server. I just started playing a few days ago, lurking around trying to learn how to play. Starting to get the hang of it now, and having quite a bit of fun.

Thanks for the server guys.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: April 14, 2013, 01:12:07 am »

Fuck, I accidentally ran a good alien round...

Ffffffuuuck.

It was quite awesome. It had a bit of a shaky start, but then once it got going it was amazing.

For those that care, I took some screenshots.

Spoiler: What Was Left of Viro (click to show/hide)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: April 14, 2013, 01:12:13 am »

Skipping the beginning where I spawned as HoS, investigated the tech storage with Jay and found the alien hive, then proceeded to fight it the best we could (See: Shootouts with Jay and I on one side with lasers + shotguns v BD as the queen with neurotoxic spit and thrown facehuggers): I was jumped by a facehugger hiding under a resin wall in the incinerator. I had been hugged once before, but Jay removed the facehugger fast enough to save me. Zackary didn't do the same, and I was hauled to surgery where I exploded on the table because the doctors stole the scalpel. After that, I became a larva spawned from a monkey in virology. I become a drone on BD's wishes and promptly die due to the heat from an incendiary grenade from Jay's raiding party. I burst again, once more from a monkey in virology, and die once more, again due to heat. I burst a THIRD TIME from- Yeah, you know. THIS TIME, I grow into an alien hunter while we get pushed into the break room by a miner, Jay, the barman, and a cyborg. Jay shoots down the resin door and walks in, I tackle him down, then the cyborg rolls in and is promptly ganked by BD and I. We destroy the cyborg and kill Jay, then mop up the other two people who put up little fight.

Lots of hugging and expansion later, we have about 10 aliens. Then the deathsquad rolls on in and fucks us up until we're down to myself, BD, and another hunter. I managed to tackle down and kill one member, then shove him down the virology disposal. Cue a game of cat-and-mouse between me and the squad as I stalk lone members and jump out at them only to have a buddy come and chase me off. One notable moment here is where Hans starts firing into the library walls from the hallway while I run in circles yelling "FUCK FUCK FUCK" in my head.

The shuttle was called and I run around for a bit. The entire squad had gathered in the escape area minus two: The guy I killed and another on his way. This guy walks into the chapel from the library and I tackle him, only to be ventilated by his buddies. But hey, I killed a death squad member!

That was probably the best round of alien I've ever played.

Other things of note: Someone (Jay) actually mourned my death, and I had a Ripley named after me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:37:04 am by Jacob/Lee »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: April 14, 2013, 01:23:41 am »

Why am I never around in any good rounds :c

Also, Girlinhat, I will refuse to upload your guide unless you use proper formatting and small text. Look in the guides section of the tg wiki for something named "paper BBcode".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: April 14, 2013, 01:51:15 am »

Why am I never around in any good rounds :c

Also, Girlinhat, I will refuse to upload your guide unless you use proper formatting and small text. Look in the guides section of the tg wiki for something named "paper BBcode".

http://wiki.nanotrasen.com/index.php?title=Guide_to_paperwork

Seriously people. If you write books, use the [small] [/small] tags. PLEASE.

And the br tag, to have actual spacing.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:55:13 am by Glloyd »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: April 14, 2013, 02:06:03 am »

Quote from: Glloyd
Seriously people. If you write books, use the [small] [/small] tags. PLEASE.
A million times this. Normal size is just painful to read.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: April 14, 2013, 02:07:32 am »

Whenever I see the
 tag I have flashbacks to MMOs...  "BR?  BR?  HEUHEUEHU!"

Sadly I wasn't incredibly active that round.  Mostly running around trying to gather mech supplies that ended up never getting used.  Playing as Roboticist without a Miner or R&D turns out to be rather shitty.  You can produce 2 Ripley, if you're lucky, and then you become an Assistant without as much access.

However, Ripley has a drill.  I almost made bombs, except I got distracted and pulled afk.  Otherwise, I'd have 4-5 primed bombs that could blow a significant hole in any hive.  I realize now, I should have been bomb-making from the start if I wanted to clear out a hive!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: April 14, 2013, 02:18:56 am »

I'm posting to track this, in the hopes that I might one day play it myself, I've never gotten to try it but it looks awesome.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1654