Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123911 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #3540 on: April 13, 2013, 02:51:48 am »

Nah, that shouldn't crash it.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3541 on: April 13, 2013, 02:57:22 am »

So. Apparently people don't like it when you do your job a Chaplain and spread your religion and then defend it from heathens and blasphemer. There goes all fun I had a Chaplain.
Yeah IC reactions can be negative while everyone has a good time OOC.  (I need only point to the Clown/Mime/QM/Chef incidents of the other night)

I think when doing something in-game, you need to ask yourself four questions:

Will I have fun doing this?
Will others have fun if I do this?
Will this move the round forward in some way?
Am I justified in doing this?

Naturally, the first two specifically target the player rather than the actual character. The last two are more for circumstances where you have to kill, brig, or otherwise inconvenience someone to complete a mission or defend yourself from someone else's actions.

So, if you enjoy being a fire and brimstone preacher and everyone scoffs at you, it doesn't mean that they aren't enjoying it. However, if you're a fire and brimstone preacher who kills those who don't convert and you're not an antagonist, then you're doing something wrong. If you are an antagonist, it's moving the game forward by completing your goals. Hopefully.

On an unrelated note, I thought of an awesome religion: Ascensionism, which believes in order to purge yourself of sin, you have to be cloned. So the priest, naturally, begins the round by finding a way to die and get cloned, and then ensuring that his 'loyal' followers do the same.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: April 13, 2013, 03:01:11 am »

Nah, that shouldn't crash it.

I thought it might have, as it happened *just* as I did so.  Breaking the air-lock due to ignorance/impatience probably didn't help either.  bloody hell, I'm such a newb.
Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: April 13, 2013, 03:48:52 am »

Those who never where admins on a ss13 station, hear thee;

It's not "fun".

At anytime there are countless people in action, all over the place, doing everything.
It's not "easy" to track the ID of a user on a item, it takes quite a bit, while new things are occuring all over the station, soon creating more "stuff" going on then any resonable person can track with the honestly, very unhandi toolset provided to admins - you really need to play around with your toys for twice as long as it took you to "learn" ss13 before you can get the things you want done.

You don't get to play.

Well, at least I don't always when I admin, most of the time is spent in a locker, in ghost mode, flying around and checking on everything, jumping to turfs and chars i get reports about and only getting some playtime in inbetween shitstorms. This should be slightly better on this server, but then again it turns out a ton of players are ooc friends and are just plainly metagaming, so you'll have to be double vigilant, sometimes even "protecting" a ic-traitor/harmful person against the anger of those who have been icly hurt by him/her - afterall, if any action you take as a antag results in a mob of meta-all-knowing people bashing you icly and oocly, we might as well play standbox 24/7 (which might be fun for a while).

You are responsible.

For everything, like if the clown slips a guy and the guy was on his last hit point or something, you get to choose if you endure the massive rage from the dead guy and the reprots he will write on any forum/place he can find OR punish a basically innocent player who simply left his peel somewhere.... but hey, turns out he didn't, he had the peel in his hand when another griefer bashed his head in with a floor title, but that griefer only did it cause shitcurity was being shity and shitcurity was only being shit cause there was a new guy in there force AND a traitor changed his Ui + UE after a crime, so the new guy arrested the wrong person and that person is flaming you in adminhelp at this very moment. Btw, the singu is loose by a non-antag, but then another, innocent, scientist accidently blew the whole place up, so you have to punish him and search the logs for the id of the guy who fucked with singu (thankfully now stated in admin logs), go back to the banana-peel-situation, deal with the shitstorm that exploded out into ooc, since you where not fast enough to take care of it, where the slip-dead-guy screams for his friends to murder him and you see 2-3 people icly suddenly killing the clown, so you'll give the newb in security some tips and recommend him to try another role first, hand out stern warnings to the meta-gamers... who try to dodge it, obviously, they are just here because there uncle ben icly hates clowns, yes and the newb keeps asking questions constantly and the guy forgoten in a cell is saying he hates this shitserver and the security newb that put him there says he doesn't want to free him, ever and someone ate a donut with chloral in it that was laying around aftersomeone tested how food functions.

And all that happens in the time it took you to read this.

Thats what being admin is like on a average server, plus you get to have the fun of a young, but very eager player being your co-admin who hits all the fun buttons that destroy everything and he plainly abuses his powers, but he brown nosed his way in and now you're all screwed.

So before you rip each other apart "I was here longer, I get to admin", really do work on a good screening progress, do point out the above post as a possible reality and take your time.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: April 13, 2013, 04:56:04 am »

Thank you for calling us metagaming OOC-friend-helping dickheads based on 2 minutes of playtime on this server.

E: And for the record: I am NOT trying to be an admin, nor do I want to because I don't think I'm up for the task. Also, for the exact reason you stated in your second-to-last paragraph. I don't trust myself with these buttons :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:59:09 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: April 13, 2013, 10:28:46 am »

-story-
-story-

Hector here, bit late in replying to this, but still wanted to say a couple of things:

Hans, when I met you face to face in the illicit wing corridor and you asked why I was healing you, I couldn't reply in time but I had no immediate secondary reason to do it, if you exclude avoiding getting shot. I picture my MD character as very much the compassionate sort.
While I still made clear I wasn't going to rat your position out, I wish I could have roleplayed that properly, but time was of the essence, and my sluggish reaction times didn't help.

After the shuttle left, I tried to push you out the door but Hector swapped places with you constantly. Since Hector is a bro, I didn't want to push him out to kill you... So close :P
You're the better bro :D

And yes, when I ran to the brig I wanted to warn you folks about the drone I just had a close encounter with, and to check if anybody was trapped. As for the constant swapping of places near the shuttle door, I assure that wasn't intentional, as in, OOC I suspected you wanted to space him but thought you were not gonna do it, and IC I was outright oblivious. If only I'd realized on the spot your intentions I would have tried to persuade you IC to not do it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30:36 am »

And yes, when I ran to the brig I wanted to warn you folks about the drone I just had a close encounter with, and to check if anybody was trapped. As for the constant swapping of places near the shuttle door, I assure that wasn't intentional, as in, OOC I suspected you wanted to space him but thought you were not gonna do it, and IC I was outright oblivious. If only I'd realized on the spot your intentions I would have tried to persuade you IC to not do it.
Ah, the glory of going in different directions with help intent.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: April 13, 2013, 10:50:10 am »

-snip-

And this is why Urist McStation is not public. :P
Also often called Boowells.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: April 13, 2013, 11:55:02 am »

-snip-

Partially. As in, partially not public, and partially why we avoid those situations.

We're not public as in, you have to actively seek the server out, but once you know of it, you can join freely. Recent griefer activity shows we are far from watertight when it comes to trolls.

For avoiding utter chaos, it's probably more due to low server population, but yesterday indicates we're slowly expanding. And each active player adds x-1, x being a number of players, interactions which may lead to Drama and SNAFUs.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: April 13, 2013, 12:05:27 pm »

-snip-

Partially. As in, partially not public, and partially why we avoid those situations.

We're not public as in, you have to actively seek the server out, but once you know of it, you can join freely. Recent griefer activity shows we are far from watertight when it comes to trolls.

For avoiding utter chaos, it's probably more due to low server population, but yesterday indicates we're slowly expanding. And each active player adds x-1, x being a number of players, interactions which may lead to Drama and SNAFUs.

This thread is on page one of a google search for ' "space station 13" forum '.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: April 13, 2013, 12:11:23 pm »

-snip-

Not for me, but the point still stands. Although someone who looks for non-public servers via Google just to grief is an incredibly pathetic individual, who is only doing it to avoid having to end his pathetic little life, and whose only hope may be to receive a little bit of joy from the Schadenfreude it entails. Or is eleven.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: April 13, 2013, 12:27:14 pm »

-snip-

Google searches are biased. You're a B12er, so it shows up high for you.
For somebody who frequents /tg/station, the /tg/station forums will show up high, same for goon and BS12 etc.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: April 13, 2013, 12:39:07 pm »

-story-
-story-

Hector here, bit late in replying to this, but still wanted to say a couple of things:

Hans, when I met you face to face in the illicit wing corridor and you asked why I was healing you, I couldn't reply in time but I had no immediate secondary reason to do it, if you exclude avoiding getting shot. I picture my MD character as very much the compassionate sort.
While I still made clear I wasn't going to rat your position out, I wish I could have roleplayed that properly, but time was of the essence, and my sluggish reaction times didn't help.

After the shuttle left, I tried to push you out the door but Hector swapped places with you constantly. Since Hector is a bro, I didn't want to push him out to kill you... So close :P
You're the better bro :D

As for the first part, I REALLY DID NOT want to shoot you for a couple reasons: One, you weren't my target. Two, you're a bro, and you always are in every round I play with you in. Three, I only had six shots and I really needed to save them for my target. I was just threatening you because I didn't want you to rat me out/keep me stuck/touch me with hostile intent even once because you would have brought me down.

As for the second part, it was actually a really fun/panicky moment for me, where I was thinking, "Fuck, I'm gonna die, Hector is about the only saving my ass right here."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: April 13, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »

Good thing you didn't take my ID when you parapenned me, else I wouldn't have been able to escape that tunnel. That was horror movie shit right there. Nearly dead and covered in my own blood, I drag myself out of a dark maintenance tunnel and head for the nearest source of help, which is apparently a radio since someone walked right by me even after yelling "Help!"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: April 13, 2013, 01:05:30 pm »

Good thing you didn't take my ID when you parapenned me, else I wouldn't have been able to escape that tunnel. That was horror movie shit right there. Nearly dead and covered in my own blood, I drag myself out of a dark maintenance tunnel and head for the nearest source of help, which is apparently a radio since someone walked right by me even after yelling "Help!"

I should have ripped off your jumpsuit and headset when I pulled off your headset, and headed straight for illicit access. Then I could have just welded you into the botany room, summoned a revolver, opened the door and ran down the hall a bit, and shot you to death real quick. Or picked up the hatchet in the surgery room.

It was great though. I knew I wasn't going to get you again after you escaped, but I had to try. I put on a firesuit and stuff for a disguise, but happened to walk right past the HoS and Beepsky on my way through the halls. It was awesome all around.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1654